Windows 10: Random Freezing and Shutdown issue.

Discus and support Random Freezing and Shutdown issue. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have this issue for more than a year now. My laptop would freeze randomly ever since I did an update from Windows 1903 to 1909. Not a single update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ptrwg_, Nov 27, 2020.

1. ptrwg_ Win User

Random Freezing and Shutdown issue.

I have this issue for more than a year now. My laptop would freeze randomly ever since I did an update from Windows 1903 to 1909. Not a single update released has fixed this issue for me. I can go a few days just fine. Four days max. And then the issue will come. Sometimes when it freezes, my screen would go black. Its not completely shutdown because i can see the screen is not completely black. There's like a very faint light on the screen still. The backlight on my keyboard would still be up but i can't press anything. I have to do a hard reboot every single time. Anyone else is facing this issue? When this happen, sometimes in the even viewer would log that my laptop was shut down unexpectedly. Sometimes, it won't record it at all. I have updated every driver. I have reinstalled windows multiple times. Even had the GeekSquad people to reinstall a fresh Windows for me. Less than 48 hours, the freezing issue came back. They told me its not an a hardware issue. I tried every solutions that I could find on the internet but found no luck.

The laptop that I'm using is MSI GS63 Stealth 8re, 16 GB of ram, 64-bit. Running Windows 10 version 2004

:)

ptrwg_, Nov 27, 2020
  2. TIGR Win User

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

3. Random freezes or shut downs

Hrrmmmm... but wouldnt formatting and reinstalling windows fix the issue since the virus/trojan/spyware isnt on the system any longer?

forumsviewer, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Random Freezing and Shutdown issue.

Windows 10 Stuck on Repair, getting random shutdown.

We just want to verify a few things about the issue you're having with the issue that's going on on your PC. Please provide answers to the questions below:

• Can you tell us what were the troubleshooting steps that you have done so far?
    • About the random shutdown, is this concern happening prior to the update?

We'll wait for your reply.

Robert Caw, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Random Freezing and Shutdown issue.

1. Random Freezing and Shutdown issue. - Similar Threads - Random Freezing Shutdown

2. Laptop randomly freezing issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop randomly freezing issue: I have an HP laptop, 5 years old now. Few months back, I faced the freezing problem in both normal and safe mode. This issue surfaced after it was updated to Windows 11. Took the laptop to the shops, migrated back to Windows 1021H2 version and installed 256 GB SSD. After 1...
  3. Random freeze issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random freeze issue: A month ago, my pc started to freeze randomly, no specific situation triggers it to freeze. It starts by very slow performance followed immediately by complete freeze that requires a restart from the case Start menu won't open and everything freezes. I tried to: -clean...
  4. Random freeze issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random freeze issue: A month ago, my pc started to freeze randomly, no specific situation triggers it to freeze. It starts by very slow performance followed immediately by complete freeze that requires a restart from the case Start menu won't open and everything freezes. I tried to: -clean...
  5. Random freeze issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Laptop randomly freezes and have to force shutdown

Laptop randomly freezes and have to force shutdown: Hello, I have an ASUS laptop running Windows 10 pro latest build! a few months ago I upgraded my ram by adding an extra 8gb beside my original 4gbnot removable ram. everything was fine for a few days but since then my laptop freezes randomly became unusable like an screenshot...
  7. Random freeze issue

Random freeze issue: About 2 to 3 months ago i put in a new hard drive and a new solid state drive and moved my operating system over to my solid state drive, since then however i have had issues with freezing a random point and needing to restart my computer manually. I usually play alot of...
  8. error codes and freezing/random shutdowns

error codes and freezing/random shutdowns: i use a all in one desktop computer with windows 10 on it and lately it has been freezing and restarting unexpectedly with occasional error codes: stop watchdog timeout, irql not equal or less and i have tried to fix them myself by uninstalling recent programs and...
  9. Freezing and shutdown issues.

Freezing and shutdown issues.: Hello everyone, Two days ago my house experienced a blackout, since then my computer experiences frequent freezing and today a crash or something that caused a unexpected shut down. I understand that when power is cut from a computer issues can arise, in this case, most...
  10. Battery issues/random shutdowns

Battery issues/random shutdowns: At the beginning of this year, I noticed something odd with regard to the charging/battery life of my pc. It started off merely as the indicator on the side-switching between orange and white, to the old battery lasting an hour and a half to fifty minutes come April/May....