Windows 10: Random freezing every few hours or days, requires hard reset.

Discus and support Random freezing every few hours or days, requires hard reset. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Nothing of note in the Event Log. OS is fully updated (this has been happening for a while). BIOS memory check ok. Chkdsk okay. This is an HP desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mwatwe01, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Random freezing every few hours or days, requires hard reset.

• Nothing of note in the Event Log.
    • OS is fully updated (this has been happening for a while).
    • BIOS memory check ok.
    • Chkdsk okay.

This is an HP desktop purchased in 2018. I even took it into my local shop, and they are scratching their heads. HP refuses to troubleshoot further unless I pay for online support. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/mwatwe01
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mwatwe01, Dec 25, 2020
  2. Vykis Win User

Windows freezes that require hard reset

Thank you for reply I got BSOD this morning when booting ant this is what your suggested program shows. All I found on google is that hal.dll is connected to windows xp or boot.ini so that makes no sense, I suppose this file is corrupted so should I change it manually by getting dll from internet or there is another way to fix it? also ntosknl.exe so it point to my RAM?

Random freezing every few hours or days, requires hard reset. [​IMG]

Vykis, Dec 25, 2020
  3. sygnus21 Win User
    AC Odyssey Random Freeze while in-game (Hard-reset required)

Unless you are overclocking I wouldn't run any of those CPU stress testing tools. In fact I see nothing in your post to even warrant the suggestion of running any CPU stress tools. And the fact that you're getting freezes requiring hard resets, the last thing you want to do is run CPU stress testing tools!!!.

And my question to @MrPepka is what's next when the tests fail due to some other issue other than overclocks? Also, how are you going to tell someone to stress test their system with such back breaking tools when you don't even know the OP is even overclocking *Confused

There's nothing in the OP's post to warrant such drastic measures. In fact I consider the suggestions counterintuitive.

@Coach81, is AC the only game giving you such issues?

sygnus21, Dec 25, 2020
  4. TIGR Win User

Random freezing every few hours or days, requires hard reset.

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

Thema:

Random freezing every few hours or days, requires hard reset.

1. Random freezing every few hours or days, requires hard reset. - Similar Threads - Random freezing every

2. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  3. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  4. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  5. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  6. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. my pc will randomly freeze up every few hours and require me to force reset it.

my pc will randomly freeze up every few hours and require me to force reset it.: I've just built a new pc and i was encountering an issue where my pc freezes up but I can still move my cursor and minimize things, but I can't close anything or press the windows button or clock on any of my applications. I ran memtest and it detected some errors so I...
  8. requiring sign in to email every few days

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    requiring sign in to email every few days: I have 2 email ids that require me to sign in again every 3 or 4 days...all emails on the same overall account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/requiring-sign-in-to-email-every-few-days/0a85daf0-d447-4f43-969c-d396ffdc4c08
  9. Hard freeze every few days under minimal load

Hard freeze every few days under minimal load: PC froze again today, any ideas?
  10. BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

BSOD every few hours or few days - very random: I added a new video card so I could add a new 4K Dell P2715Q monitor with my current Dell 2407 WFP. The card is a PNY nVidia quadro k620. When I added them I still had Windows 7. Started getting random BSOD with various reasons indicated such as "driver IRQL not less or...