Windows 10: Random freezing for few seconds

Discus and support Random freezing for few seconds in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have many things opened like browser, TV card playing some TV show.. and some other apps etc.. I notice that I would randomly get these temporary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by madmax2, May 18, 2020.

1. madmax2 Win User

Random freezing for few seconds

I have many things opened like browser, TV card playing some TV show..
    and some other apps etc..

I notice that I would randomly get these temporary freezes for a few seconds..
    which causes audio to also get that laggy sound, like a broken record etc or scratch cd etc..

Sometimes, once in a while (somewhat of a rare occurrence but still occurs) it would freeze permanently and I need hit the hard reset button on the pc.

Not sure what I can do to fix it...
    any ideas?

:)

madmax2, May 18, 2020
  2. TIGR Win User

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

3. vinsterX Win User
    Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, May 18, 2020
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

1. Random freezing for few seconds - Similar Threads - Random freezing few

2. Computer freezes for a few seconds randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes for a few seconds randomly: Specs: i7 - 8700k Asus Strix 2080 OC Asus Prime Z370-A Samsung 970 EVO Plus windows installed here Samsung 860 SSD Corsair Dominator RGB DDR4 3200MHz 32GB Corsair RM650x 650W v2 I'm struggling with random freezes, and I can't locate if theissue is hardware- or...
  3. Win 10 freezes for a few seconds randomly

Win 10 freezes for a few seconds randomly: Hello: For a long time, my PC would freeze for a couple seconds and then the display would fail to render. After a lot of poking, it turns out that there is some kind of weirdness between the Spotify program downloaded from the website and some video cards. When I...
  4. Windows 10 randomly freeze for few seconds

Windows 10 randomly freeze for few seconds: Dear experts My Laptop i7, 64 GB RAM, NVME SSD running Windows 10 Pro 2004 randomly freeze for few seconds, not only chrome but the whole system please see the video at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bmK1huqMFhcVhESxvKEhm3arwTwfse8o/view?usp=sharing. Please help me to...
  5. Windows 10 randomly freezing for a few seconds

Windows 10 randomly freezing for a few seconds: Hello everyone, So I bought a brand new "HP Spectre x360 13-aw0350nd" 2 days ago. Specifications are: -Intel® Core™ i7-1065G processor -33,8 cm 13,3" Full HD-touchscreen -16GB RAM - 512GB SSD -Intel® Iris™ Plus - Windows 10 10.0.18363 When I got it, I installed some of my...
  6. Random freezing for few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Random freezing for few seconds: I have many things opened like browser, TV card playing some TV show.. and some other apps etc.. I notice that I would randomly get these temporary freezes for a few seconds.. which causes audio to also get that laggy sound, like a broken record etc or scratch cd etc.. Not...
  7. PC randomly freezes for a few seconds at a time

PC randomly freezes for a few seconds at a time: Hi there, my pc freezes a lot and it repeats the audio that was last playing no matter what im doing, it sounds like glitching. I found another thread on this but it was very complicated so if someone could please explain how to do this in simpler words! thank you!...
  8. Mouse randomly freezing every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse randomly freezing every few seconds.: Lately I’ve noticed my mouse freezing every 20 or so seconds, and after a day or two the problem became worse and the mouse froze every 3 or 4 seconds. I have tried many solutions online to fix this problem, to no avail. I’ve uninstalled Realtek audio managed, and disabled...
  9. Computer freezes for a few seconds randomly

Computer freezes for a few seconds randomly: So, I have been having alot... and I mean, ALOT of problems with my pc recently. I've managed fix most of them... but yesterday, as of me writing this, I have experienced that my computer freezes from time to time, and I have no idea why it does that. I've been reinstalling...
  10. Windows 10 freezes for few seconds randomly

Windows 10 freezes for few seconds randomly: Yes, It's a old problem. Its completely random, Screen freezes, mouse won't move, speaker keep repeat the last bit of audio. Normally you have 90% chance to got a BSOD in next 10 seconds, but no in this case. The wired thing is, it's will be recover in 2-5 seconds, after...