Windows 10: Random freezing / have to hard reset.

Discus and support Random freezing / have to hard reset. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, My Windows randomly keeps freezing up on me. I have read multiple threads on this forum but none of the solutions helped me. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cribbuh, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Cribbuh Win User

Random freezing / have to hard reset.

Hello,

My Windows randomly keeps freezing up on me. I have read multiple threads on this forum but none of the solutions helped me. I've tried switching HDD's, reinstalling Windows 10. Tested my ram with Memtest for 8 hours, no issues. Tested HDD's no bad sectors found. I've used HWinfo64 to check the voltages and temperatures they seem to be fine even under full Prime95 torture tests spiking around 75 to 79 degrees Celsius under full burn.

My setup:

ASUS Maximus VII Ranger
    Intel Core i5-4670k (not overclocked)
    8GB DDR3 RAM - 2 x 4GB CMX8GX3M2A1333C9
    ASUS DRW-24F1ST drive
    1TB SAMSUNG HD103SJ
    1TB SEAGATE ST1000DM003-1ER162
    MSI NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970
    Creative Soundblaster Z
    PSU OCZ600MXSP
    Watercooling Corsair H80i
    LCD Fan-controller BitFenix
    CoolerMaster HAFX case

I must say the options the motherboard has listed in the BIOS, are overwhelming. Tons of options and features which are all set to "auto". No idea if this contributes to the freezing. It's not something that was present before. It started happening about 4 weeks ago. Nothing has changed in my setup.
    I even started thinking about the humidity in the air causing system instability so I turned on a DE-humidifier to no avail.

Thanks in advance for helping me.

:)

Cribbuh, Jun 28, 2016
  2. Marc Cai Win User

Computer crashes randomly without notice or pattern

Hello Kyle,

We got you. For accuracy, have you tried to reset your PC? What is the latest or the recent change that has been made prior to this issue?

Since you have tried possible solutions such as rolling back the PC, also consider to check the hardware issues, like the hard drive. An old hard drive may result random freeze and crash.

Tell us when you need more help.

Marc Cai, Jun 28, 2016
  3. wodbom Win User
    WP8 Error 8103010d

Same problem with MyBattery - updated app, random freeze during update process, now like you guys: "attention required" and "Error code: 8103010d". None of your hints helped. No hard reset for this app.

Issue should be fixed. It can hit any update. And then you sit there...

wodbom, Jun 28, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Jun 28, 2016
Thema:

1. Random freezing / have to hard reset. - Similar Threads - Random freezing hard

2. Computer keeps freezing randomly / need to hard reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps freezing randomly / need to hard reset: Good evening,This is related to an issue that's been driving me crazy the last months. Especially while playing, my computer freezes completely. I can still hear audio i.e. from Discord, but no one can hear me. I am unable to do anything as all commands stop responding and I...
  3. Computer keeps freezing randomly / need to hard reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps freezing randomly / need to hard reset: Good evening,This is related to an issue that's been driving me crazy the last months. Especially while playing, my computer freezes completely. I can still hear audio i.e. from Discord, but no one can hear me. I am unable to do anything as all commands stop responding and I...
  4. Computer keeps freezing randomly / need to hard reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer freezes randomly, no sound, hard reset required.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes randomly, no sound, hard reset required.: I am having completely random freezes to my desktop. The screen will freeze in place, sound cuts from speakers, and it requires a hard restart in order to end it. What could be the causes, and how to fix it.PC Specs:i7 4790Asrock H81m HDS 1150Kingston Fury HyperX 16GB...
  6. Computer freezes randomly, no sound, hard reset required.

Computer freezes randomly, no sound, hard reset required.: I am having completely random freezes to my desktop. The screen will freeze in place, sound cuts from speakers, and it requires a hard restart in order to end it. What could be the causes, and how to fix it.PC Specs:i7 4790Asrock H81m HDS 1150Kingston Fury HyperX 16GB...
  7. Computer freezes randomly, no sound, hard reset required.

8. At a loss – laptop randomly freezes and needs a hard reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    At a loss – laptop randomly freezes and needs a hard reset: System: Dell Inspiron 3580Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8565U CPUInstalled RAM 16GBSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor This issue started around June 2022.I was running Windows 10 Pro and my system would randomly begin to...
  9. At a loss – laptop randomly freezes and needs a hard reset

At a loss – laptop randomly freezes and needs a hard reset: System: Dell Inspiron 3580Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8565U CPUInstalled RAM 16GBSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor This issue started around June 2022.I was running Windows 10 Pro and my system would randomly begin to...
  10. Random freeze, no option but to perform a hard reset

Random freeze, no option but to perform a hard reset: Hi, I recently assembles a PC. it was working fine until past few days where it goes into a freeze. I have no other option than to perform a hard reset. As nothing works. Everything just freezes. Past week I am continuously on support calls where they perform sfc scans,...