Windows 10: Random Freezing/Lock-up

Discus and support Random Freezing/Lock-up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. First time post, but I've run out of options that aren't wiping my computer and fresh installing. A few days ago, I finally upgraded from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DIGI7-A, Jun 19, 2019.

1. DIGI7-A Win User

Random Freezing/Lock-up

Hello. First time post, but I've run out of options that aren't wiping my computer and fresh installing. A few days ago, I finally upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and I'm mostly glad I did, but since then, I've been experiencing random freezes in which both screen and sound will completely freeze for no reason. I've run a great number of fixes, but I have so far been unable to fix this issue. I have run sfc /scannow and fixed some corrupt files, but that didn't fix it. I uninstalled my anti-virus, and I thought it worked, but I had another freeze after a day of running fine. I've gone through two Microsoft support agents, and due to unfortunate incidents, was unable to fix the issue twice. I have just updated my graphics drivers for AMD, and I'm as of yet unsure as to whether it's fixed or not as I've not had enough time to find out. There are some other fixes I've tried that I can't recall. If there are issues related to my AMD R7 370 or my AMD FX 6350 (I think those names are close enough), then I'm unaware of them. Slowly, it does feel like the crashes have been mitigated by my attempts, for instance, before uninstalling my anti-virus, I had experienced 9 crashes in one day, usually about 10-50 minutes apart, and then 2 crashes the next morning, but after uninstalling anti-virus, didn't experience another crash for the rest of the day. Today, I thought it was fine, but then, while playing a video in Chrome in the background and playing a bit of Factorio, I had another crash. I feel like something is being overloaded but I don't know what. This issue did not exist before upgrading to Windows 10, as I would do this and things like this frequently, if with a little lag. Any thoughts or suggestions are massively appreciated.

:)

DIGI7-A, Jun 19, 2019
  2. TIGR Win User

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

3. vinsterX Win User
    Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Random Freezing/Lock-up

Random freezes or shut downs

Hrrmmmm... but wouldnt formatting and reinstalling windows fix the issue since the virus/trojan/spyware isnt on the system any longer?

forumsviewer, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Random Freezing/Lock-up

1. Random Freezing/Lock-up - Similar Threads - Random Freezing Lock

2. Computer Freezes or Lock Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freezes or Lock Up: Pocessor AMD Ryzen 3 3350U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz Installed RAM 12.0 GB 9.94 GB usable Device ID A75116CD-9B70-467B-8P6A5-1CE1FD76D241 Product ID 00356-02344-22021-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition Windows 11 Home Version...
  3. Computer Freezes or Lock Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Freezes or Lock Up: Pocessor AMD Ryzen 3 3350U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz Installed RAM 12.0 GB 9.94 GB usable Device ID A75116CD-9B70-467B-8P6A5-1CE1FD76D241 Product ID 00356-02344-22021-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition Windows 11 Home Version...
  4. HELP! Windows randomly locks-up/freezes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! Windows randomly locks-up/freezes: It happens randomly and everything becomes unresponsive. I can still move the mouse but nothing else works can't click on anything. I have the lastest windows update recently updated to 2004 version. I have the lastest GPU driver just checked. What could be causing this and...
  5. Computer locks up randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer locks up randomly: I have a home built computer. MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI motherboard, 3600x processor, 32 GB corsair vengeance DDR4 3200, EVGA 1070 graphics card. Win 10 64 bit version 2004. I get random computer lock ups while watching youtube. It seems to happen only while watching...
  6. Windows randomly freezing and locking up

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows randomly freezing and locking up: Hi, Recently my windows has started to randomly freeze and lock up. My browser will no longer be able to access the internet or search anything, file explorer will stop responding and any active applications open will also stop responding. I am able to access the start menu...
  7. computer freezing and locking up

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer freezing and locking up: Hi My pc randomly locks up screen, mouse and all I had to reboot it 4 times this morning, I ran the troubleshooter on it diagnostic says all is ok with power, couldn't find hardware or software diagnostic tool to run trouble shooter on,, did a windows 10 update , all drivers...
  8. PC Randomly locks up and freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Randomly locks up and freezes: Hey guys, first off I hope you all had a great Xmas and New Year... So since the update for windows that's recently dropped, I keep having random crashes, well more of a freeze, I can still see everything on the screen but nothing will respond I have to power my system...
  9. Random Freeze / Lock Up then reboots itself.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Freeze / Lock Up then reboots itself.: Just got a new laptop from Xtoic PC, The Model is a MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G-219, I received a defective adapter , it died in 1 day of use, so I had to purchase new one from AMAZON the brand of the adapter was HP and has the same watts and amps, I used it on the laptop,...
  10. Random hang/lock/freezing (sort of)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random hang/lock/freezing (sort of): I have read a thread or five via a Google search about random freezing with Windows 10, but none of their symptoms match mine, so I thought I'd post a new thread. I'm getting random system freezes or hangs which prevent me from opening apps or programs and clicking on the...