Windows 10: Random freezing of windows while charging due to SSD

Discus and support Random freezing of windows while charging due to SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I got Acer Predator Helios 300 with windows 10 home,i5-core 8th gen,8 GB RAM,128 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD with 4 GB Graphics Recently i got stuck with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Syed_08, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Syed_08 Win User

Random freezing of windows while charging due to SSD

I got Acer Predator Helios 300 with windows 10 home,i5-core 8th gen,8 GB RAM,128 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD

with 4 GB Graphics

Recently i got stuck with my windows 10 and i have to install new windows copy from the Microsoft official website.

I got the new windows through a USB flash drive , from there onwards my PC got freezing randomly .I tried to update all the drivers but there was no use ,recently i updated the AHCI_Link_Power_Management-HIPM registry with ssdfix registry and changed my AHCI_Link_Power_Management-HIPM settings to active due to which i thought i got rid of random freezing but when i use my laptop while charging it again freezes randomly . I tried to change my AHCI_Link_Power_Management-HIPM on charging settings to active but there was no use the freeze continued

Help me out !!!

Any help is appreciated .

:)

Syed_08, Feb 11, 2020
  2. GTS
    gts Win User

SSD random freezing

my old ssd team 32gb sata random freezing, and have long instalation and extracing time for all installer....
    drive ssd still 30% from 32gb

3. SSD random freezing

Check that your SSD doesn't need a firmware update.

tompatrick, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Random freezing of windows while charging due to SSD

SSD stops and freezes laptop

Couple of updates:

1. I created a Linux boot USB key, and monitored my SSD under Linux, so this is evidently not a Windows issue, and
    2. I loaded new firmware for the SSD, and my system seems to be functioning normally now. What a pleasure using a PC that doesn't consistently freeze up.

Thanks to all y'all for your suggestions!

Regards,

Dave

DavidMiller36415, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Random freezing of windows while charging due to SSD

1. Random freezing of windows while charging due to SSD - Similar Threads - Random freezing while

2. Windows randomly freezes while typing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows randomly freezes while typing.: I have a problem where programs freeze on my computer while writing. When this occurs, I can still move the mouse, but I cannot click anywhere within the window of that particular program and I cannot write anything to that program. But I can click and type anywhere else as...
  3. PC freezes while charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC freezes while charging: My PC recently started whit this problem. It only freeezes when ti goes in sleep mode but stil on charger, after that I can't do anything it's not responding, only my kaybaord is stil on but nothing else. To make it responde I have to use turn on/off button and have to press...
  4. Random Freezes & Lockups. SSD Issue??

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Freezes & Lockups. SSD Issue??: Hi folks In February this year, I bought a new 250GB SSD and a copy of Win 10 Pro. This was installed on the new drive. Version 2004 Build 19037.630 Since then I've had random freezes and lockups - usually (almost exclusively I must say) whilst surfing the web using Google...
  5. Laptop Randomly Freezes while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Randomly Freezes while gaming: Hi Everyone can you please help me with my problem? While gaming my keyboard and trackpad is the first one that's freezes then the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-randomly-freezes-while-gaming/9036dbad-e065-4dd5-b812-16c75679ae3b
  6. pc crashes while gaming (due to ssd?)

in Windows 10 Support
    pc crashes while gaming (due to ssd?): os number: 19041.450 hello everyone, my problem: my pc randomly freezes (usually while gaming) and then restarts itself. my idea would be that it has to do with my ssd. usually when i use cc cleaner and trim my ssd my pc doesnt crash. however, my ssd doesnt trim...
  7. PC randomly freezes while gaming

PC randomly freezes while gaming: Hello all, my PC started to randomly freeze while I am playing games,without showing a BSOD,but there are minidumps from those freezings/crashings. Here is the Vlog collector : DESKTOP-A00HG2C-(2020-07-13_11-45-17).zip My OS is Win 10 x64 Version 1909 (OS Build...
  8. Random freeze while playing wow.

Random freeze while playing wow.: Game went Brrrrr while playing and had to restart.Have been playing wow for 7 days before this issue happened. Wierd thing is I've had the same issue happen to me on another game 4 months ago and I've been playing every day till then without issues but it happend today again...
  9. Laptop freezing when idle - while charging

Laptop freezing when idle - while charging: I have had an Acer Aspire ES1 - 533 specs: processor - intel pentium R; CPU N4200 @ 1.10ghz RAM - 8.00GB Windows 10 OS 64bit Graphics type - Intel HD 4000 Hard disc space - 1TB since June 2017 I've recently ran into a problem when charging the laptop, it seems to...
  10. Random freeze of OS - SSD ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Random freeze of OS - SSD ?: Hello, I've recently build a new PC, but I'm having some issues. All components are new besides my SSD/HDD/GPU/DVD. I've updated all drivers + BIOS. My PC randomly freezes for like a minute, and then continues. I've stress-tested my RAM, SSD etc.. but nothing appears...