Windows 10: Random Freezing, Rebooting, Missing Cursor or Unresponsive Touchpad

Discus and support Random Freezing, Rebooting, Missing Cursor or Unresponsive Touchpad in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been experiencing random freezing and rebooting since Nov. 24th. I spent the day working and using the laptop like normal before this happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gracy V, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Gracy V Win User

Random Freezing, Rebooting, Missing Cursor or Unresponsive Touchpad

I have been experiencing random freezing and rebooting since Nov. 24th. I spent the day working and using the laptop like normal before this happened when I stepped away to eat. I called Asus today to try and find a fix to this. After explaining they asked me to check on the system updates. I had two that hadn't gone though and so I started them, which led to the support personnel to end the call. I have checked the update history and saw one of the two had failed.

2018-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4467682) (4)

Last failed install attempt on ‎11/‎27/‎2018 - 0x80073712

2018-09 Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-basted Systems (KB4100347)

Successfully installed on 11/27/2018

I honestly do not know what to do now between the freeze/reboot issue and a touchpad that wont respond.

:)

Gracy V, Nov 27, 2018
  2. Joan Pin Win User

Lost touchpad cursor after Windows Update

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why you're getting this concern is due to system conflicts such as outdated drivers. To better assist you with the touchpad query, we'd like to ask a few questions:

We also suggest that you revive the unresponsive touchpad. To do this, you may check the steps below:

• Open Settings and click Devices.
    • Select Mouse and touchpad option and click Additional mouse options.
    • The Mouse Properties window will open. Select the tab that names your laptop's touchpad, usually named after the brand and the touchpad model.
    • If you don’t see such a tab, go to the tab labeled Device Settings or
      ELAN where you can find your touchpad listed under Devices.
    • Click on the touchpad to select and press the Enable button.

Please post back with the status of the issue, we'll be glad to assist you further.

Joan Pin, Nov 27, 2018
  3. vinsterX Win User
    Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Random Freezing, Rebooting, Missing Cursor or Unresponsive Touchpad

Hanging cursor

Hi,

There are several reasons why the cursor doesn't respond. One of which is due to a faulty pointing device. To isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Does the whole system freeze or just the cursor?
    • Are you using the laptop's touchpad or an external pointing device?
    • Were there any changes made to your laptop prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Random Freezing, Rebooting, Missing Cursor or Unresponsive Touchpad

1. Random Freezing, Rebooting, Missing Cursor or Unresponsive Touchpad - Similar Threads - Random Freezing Rebooting

2. Touchpad Cursor keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Cursor keeps freezing: For a while, my touchpad cursor has been not working, or just freezing every now and then for a while. When I use a wireless mouse it works just fine but I like to use my touchpad for other specific things. I'm not sure if this is a visual problem, something wrong with my...
  3. Touchpad Cursor keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad Cursor keeps freezing: For a while, my touchpad cursor has been not working, or just freezing every now and then for a while. When I use a wireless mouse it works just fine but I like to use my touchpad for other specific things. I'm not sure if this is a visual problem, something wrong with my...
  4. Taskbar Freezes, Unresponsive, Seemingly Random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Freezes, Unresponsive, Seemingly Random: Basically what the title says. The taskbar becomes unresponsive at random times. Can't click anything. The temporary solution I know of is going into Task Manager and restarting Windows Explorer. It doesn't solve the problem, however. I've only had this computer Lenovo Legion...
  5. laptop touchpad cursor missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop touchpad cursor missing: so I got back from school and I turned my laptop on and my cursor was gone. my little brother was playing on it so I don't know if he did som3ething to it but a solution would be nice. I have got a mouse and that works however the touchpad is unresponsive. if anyone has a fix...
  6. laptop touchpad cursor missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop touchpad cursor missing: so I got back from school and I turned my laptop on and my cursor was gone. my little brother was playing on it so I don't know if he did som3ething to it but a solution would be nice. I have got a mouse and that works however the touchpad is unresponsive. if anyone has a fix...
  7. laptop touchpad cursor missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. freezing and random reboots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    freezing and random reboots: hi I have had a problem since the creators update. the computer started random reboot for awhile then stopped . I had had bought a new game rome 2 and it was crashing and now I know it is not just the game but my computer is freezing just watching yutube videos or gaming....
  9. Freeze Reboot - Randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freeze Reboot - Randomly: My computer randomly reboot and I can't figure out why. It's running Windows 10. Can anybody check my loads to see what going on are if I have a bad driver? I upgrade all the drivers and still can't think of any problems. 62475
  10. Random freeze and reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Random freeze and reboot: Hi , hope someone can help. Had a PC for a while, upgraded parts as and when necessary. Recently replaced my hard drives with an ssd and hard drive. Now when I install windows 10 it installs fine onto the ssd. Then I installed the gfx card drivers (nvidia 355). Seemed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touchpad randomly unresponsive

2. pointer touchpad randomly becomeing unresponive

3. touchpad randomly unresponsive gl502vy

4. random reboots without cursor