Windows 10: Random freezing Windows 10

Discus and support Random freezing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, my Windows 10 has been freezing randomly with no blue screen and no event log. I haven't found any discernible pattern in the crashes, whether I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Attack2077, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Random freezing Windows 10

Hello, my Windows 10 has been freezing randomly with no blue screen and no event log. I haven't found any discernible pattern in the crashes, whether I am gaming, drawing, or browsing the web, and I have tried updating drivers.

For some reason it isn't allowing me to activate Windows, could this be part of the issue?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Attack2077, Jan 19, 2016
  2. CVA1616 Win User

Windows 10 random freeze

Has Microsoft acknowledged random freeze in windows 10 ? Any fix for the same other than generic trouble shooting tips ?

CVA1616, Jan 19, 2016
  3. CVA1616 Win User
    Windows 10 random freeze

Has Microsoft acknowledged random freeze in windows 10 ? Any fix for the same other than generic trouble shooting tips ?

CVA1616, Jan 19, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Random freezing Windows 10

Yes. Probably the huge reason why.
    Questions :
    1. How long ago since you have this "not activated" Windows 10 ?
    2. Which Windows 10 version do you have. Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 Home ?
    3. Before this, what Windows operating system was the computing running ?
    Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 ? Was it activated back then ?

davidhk, Jan 19, 2016
  5. Well, I have always had this not activated Windows 10 since I upgraded back in October of last year.
    I'm running Windows 10 Pro and upgraded from Windows 7.

Attack2077, Jan 19, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    I am surprised you are still able to use a Win 10 system which has not been activated since October last year.

What Windows 7 version you had. Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate ?

davidhk, Jan 19, 2016
  7. I had Windows 7 Ultimate. Before my hard drive crashed in October and I had to go to Windows 10.

Attack2077, Jan 19, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Did you replace with a new hard drive after the old one crashed ?
    Was motherboard replaced as well ?

davidhk, Jan 19, 2016
  9. I replaced the hard drive, but didn't replace the motherboard until a week ago when I upgraded most of my hardware.

Attack2077, Jan 19, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    Why couldn't you activate Windows 10 Pro ?

You do have Win 7 Ultimate product key, do you ?

davidhk, Jan 19, 2016
  11. I really do not know. I tried the key I had but it didn't work, I tried calling support but they wouldn't help me after I explained my situation. I even tried to become a insider to get an insider build but that didn't help activate it either.

Attack2077, Jan 19, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    Is that same Win 7 Ultimate key in use on another computer ?

davidhk, Jan 19, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

I apologize for continuously asking questions without offering a solution.
    But I can't help unless I understand the situation completely.

davidhk, Jan 20, 2016
  14. Not that I know of.

And it's fine, I don't mind.

Attack2077, Jan 20, 2016
  15. davidhk Win User
    OK. See if this will work.
    You are going to a clean install of Windows 10 Pro.

Use one of the 2 links below and download the ISO file.

Media Creation Tool (MCT)
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

Tech Bench
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

Once the iso is downloaded, burn it to a bootable DVD or USB.
    Us your F key ( likely F12 key ) to set the boot order to DVD or USB, depending on which bootable media you are using > insert the bootable media > restart computer.
    Installation will be gin.
    You will be asked for product key. Use your Win 7 Ultimate key.
    If it is accepted, installation should continue without problem.
    Activation will be automatic.

Good luck.

davidhk, Jan 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Random freezing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Random freezing

2. BSOD and random Freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and random Freezes: Hello,I'm getting random crashes and BSOD. when my pc idle or using chrome/not having any apps active my screen will freeze and I can't do anything other than restart. If i leave pc on idle long enough i'll come back to BSOD and DPC Watchdog Violation Error. I attached the...
  3. BSOD and random Freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD and random Freezes: Hello,I'm getting random crashes and BSOD. when my pc idle or using chrome/not having any apps active my screen will freeze and I can't do anything other than restart. If i leave pc on idle long enough i'll come back to BSOD and DPC Watchdog Violation Error. I attached the...
  4. Non-Bluescreen Hard Freezing of Computer and Random Debug restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non-Bluescreen Hard Freezing of Computer and Random Debug restarts: Hello Microsoft community! Ive ran into what I would deem my opinion as a software issue. I noticed my pc that whenever iI am watching a video, playing a Game, or just standing idle on my desk that the pc would restart randomly, albeit 30% of the time would get stuck in a...
  5. Non-Bluescreen Hard Freezing of Computer and Random Debug restarts

Non-Bluescreen Hard Freezing of Computer and Random Debug restarts: Hello Microsoft community! Ive ran into what I would deem my opinion as a software issue. I noticed my pc that whenever iI am watching a video, playing a Game, or just standing idle on my desk that the pc would restart randomly, albeit 30% of the time would get stuck in a...
  6. Random lag spikes on pc lagging and freezing every few seconds ran a ram test and stopped...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random lag spikes on pc lagging and freezing every few seconds ran a ram test and stopped...: ran a ram test and stopped startup apps + used restore point but i still have an issue where my pc will randomly lag every few seconds and freezing for few as well...
  7. Random lag spikes on pc lagging and freezing every few seconds ran a ram test and stopped...

Random lag spikes on pc lagging and freezing every few seconds ran a ram test and stopped...: ran a ram test and stopped startup apps + used restore point but i still have an issue where my pc will randomly lag every few seconds and freezing for few as well...
  8. Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly: Hi all,I am having an issue where my mouse cursor freezes randomly. Sometimes it's for a few seconds, sometimes it appears permanently frozen. While it's frozen everything else works perfectly fine - I can CLICK things with the cursor, and I can use the keyboard to navigate...
  9. Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly

Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly: Hi all,I am having an issue where my mouse cursor freezes randomly. Sometimes it's for a few seconds, sometimes it appears permanently frozen. While it's frozen everything else works perfectly fine - I can CLICK things with the cursor, and I can use the keyboard to navigate...
  10. Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware