Windows 10: Random function as used by Desktop personalisation

Discus and support Random function as used by Desktop personalisation in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Amongst the personalisation settings the desktop background can be set to Slideshow, a folder of images selected, and an interval for change set. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sigurd, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Sigurd Win User

Random function as used by Desktop personalisation

Amongst the personalisation settings the desktop background can be set to Slideshow, a folder of images selected, and an interval for change set. It can also be set to Shuffle on/off. I assume this is to set whether the display image is selected at random (shuffle on) or sequentially from list of images (shuffle off).

I have it set to select an image from a folder of images and to change it every minute. It have tried shuffle in both positions.

The problem is that more often than not it selects the same image.

I had the same issue with a screen saver. Again the random setting didn't work particularly well wit a distinct bias to one or two images.

It seems Windows random function is not reliable. I have found a better app for the slide show (GPhoto) but can't solve the desktop issue.

Using Windows 10 , latest update, using two VDUs.

:)

Sigurd, Oct 11, 2020

2. Delete personalised photo on desktop

How do I delete the personalised photos from the desktop created in settings/accounts/your info? I created it but I cannot find anywhere that deletes these personalised photos.

Thank you

Barbara

BarbaraKelly1, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 11, 2020
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

1. Random function as used by Desktop personalisation - Similar Threads - Random function used

2. Personalisation - maybe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personalisation - maybe?: My background colours have become messed up in apps such as Mail, Calculator & File explorer, to name but 3. All I want is white background and black lettering. I've tried various fixes but they don't work for me. TIA...
  3. surprise personalisation

in Windows 10 Customization
    surprise personalisation: I'm used to Windows 10 starting the day with one of Microsoft's library of over-dramatic landscapes, which I then click on to get the login screen. For some reason it has suddenly decided to substitute a photo from my own library. Don't know how it happened but it's a nice...
  4. Personalised settings changing randomly

Personalised settings changing randomly: Hi,As per other users out there in the community I have my Personalised settings are changing from what I had set.In specific I have changed the background image to a slide show and setup a folder with pictures. I have also set colour format to Dark.The changes are: - the...
  5. personalisation

personalisation: I want to enable dark mode permantley, how would i do this please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalisation/bed1b332-6a0a-4948-b072-28a081faa862
  6. Personalisation Problem

Personalisation Problem: I have lost my personalised desktop display and cannot restore it as Personalisation in Settings is frozen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalisation-problem/07fdf4fe-94c8-44b7-9a0a-f7c9e003c818
  7. Desktop personalisation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop personalisation: [ATTACH] Hi, Can someone help me find the search and time widgets shown in the pic? I looked around but couldn't find the exact widgets. Thanks, https://preview.redd.it/wwnojmldjr461.png?width=2000&format=png&auto=webp&s=563ece69e514ee75509e8061b5f665420f0874ce...
  8. Random function as used by Desktop personalisation

Random function as used by Desktop personalisation: Amongst the personalisation settings the desktop background can be set to Slideshow, a folder of images selected, and an interval for change set. It can also be set to Shuffle on/off. I assume this is to set whether the display image is selected at random (shuffle on) or...
  9. windows 10 personalise theme crashes to desktop

windows 10 personalise theme crashes to desktop: windows 10 pro, 1903 so everytime i click on the theme (personalise ---> theme) it crashes, close the setting and back to desktop same as reddit member post at https://www.reddit.com/r/softwaregore/comments/bld6il/help_can_any_one_help_me_when_ever_i_try_to/ any idea how...
  10. Windows 10 Desktop personalisation not opening

Windows 10 Desktop personalisation not opening: A few hours ago I changed my desktop default background to a slideshow which has worked perfectly. However whenever I try to re-enter the personalisation section in the settings, it does the clicking animation and then stops, I can hover over other settings tabs but cannot...