Windows 10: Random game flickers and crashes

Discus and support Random game flickers and crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So when play any gamethis is Driver San Francisco, over time these things happen, it like flickers, and sometimes it just freezes. And when I play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bomzhara1, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Bomzhara1 Win User

Random game flickers and crashes

So when play any gamethis is Driver San Francisco, over time these things happen, it like flickers, and sometimes it just freezes. And when I play Minecraft it also does that and crashes. Random game flickers and crashes 88b3baa7-6b44-400c-90eb-0f814cb70376?upload=true.jpg

:)

Bomzhara1, Oct 23, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Gaming and Random Crashes.

Hi,

After some research and failing to find any solution i`ve decided to find help, have a gaming laptop (don`t judge me) and it used to work pretty well, until the latest Witcher expansion, i would be gettting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION everytime i tried to start the game, some driver updates later and now i`m randomly getting the same BSOD so far i've tried.

• Updating GPU Driver.
    • DDU the Drivers and do a clean install.
    • running sfc/scannow

Unfortunately my internet time is limited and i couldn`t find any more steps.

Any help would be appreciatted, and sorry for the bad english.

BeardedBrazilia, Oct 23, 2020
  4. AlanR246 Win User

Screen flicker and hangup on desktop screen

The short term fix for me was to roll back to Windows 7. I did not have the time to work through the issues but will try again in a week or so. I had a call in to the Microsoft Answer Desk and got a call back after I rolled back. Pasted below are the suggestions
    to attempt find the problem. In my case, I suspect Norton was the culprit since that was the common product on both my desktops and I was not seeing a flicker in Task Manager window.

From the Microsoft Answer Desk:

Here are the Steps for the Flickering issue.

If we see the screen flickering after sign-in there are two possible causes - apps causing Explorer to crash, or display driver issues.

To start, press this key combination: CTRL+SHIFT+ESC

If this opens Task Manager and that window is NOT flickering:The likely cause is Software Compatibility issue causing Explorer.exe to crash repeatedly.

• Use the File, Run option in Task Manager to open additional tools as-needed. Be sure to check the box to run tools as Administrator. These could include:

appwiz.cpl: Opens Programs and Features

compmgmt.msc: Opens Computer Management

cmd.exe
    • You can search for crash events in the Event Logs and find if any third party DLLs are the faulting module in the Explorer,.exe crashes Or uninstall software that is likely to include shell extensions.
    • If removing software does not resolve the issue, use these commands to repair Windows:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow
    We have reports that removing these apps help resolve the issue:

• Norton Antivirus
    • Other AV solutions
    • iCloud
    • IDT Audio (faulting module IDTNC64.cpl)
    If Task Manager is flickering, or it didn't open, proceed with display driver troubleshooting:
    The likely cause is a display driver or display hardware issue.

• Boot to Safe Mode with Networking.
    • Use the same steps here as for Black Screen issues - if dual chipset, disable built-in graphics, if still flickers, try with only the other chipset enabled.
    • If this does not work, or there is only a single chipset, uninstall the device and remove the driver software.
    • Then boot into Windows and update the drivers to the latest from the manufacturer.
    Here are the Steps for the Flickering issue.

If we see the screen flickering after sign-in there are two possible causes - apps causing Explorer to crash, or display driver issues.

AlanR246, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Random game flickers and crashes - Similar Threads - Random game flickers

2. All games crashing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All games crashing randomly: My PC is crashing whenever I play any games. When I play MW3 it freezes and sometimes I can tab out to prevent BSOD, and sometimes I can't. Sometimes it gives me an error message, and other times it doesn't. Mini dumps here: PC CrashWhen I play EAFC 24 every time I play the...
  3. Random crashing during gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashing during gaming: Hello everyone!I have recently bought a new laptop a week ago and strangely whenever I start playing any game in random intervals the game will suddenly crash. The screen freezes and the audio become very choppy. I have no control over the computer and cannot even access task...
  4. Random crashing during gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random crashing during gaming: Hello everyone!I have recently bought a new laptop a week ago and strangely whenever I start playing any game in random intervals the game will suddenly crash. The screen freezes and the audio become very choppy. I have no control over the computer and cannot even access task...
  5. Pc games crash randomly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc games crash randomly.: Problem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 139Parameter 1: 3Parameter 2: ffffd48bb7f9f710Parameter 3: ffffd48bb7f9f668Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_19045Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version: 10.0.19045.2.0.0.768.101Locale ID: 1033I have a minidump but I could not find a spot...
  6. Random BSOD and games crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD and games crashing: Hi! I've been having issues with my PC. Games are frequently crashing and I randomly get BSOD either while playing or just browsing chrome. I've change my motherboard and did a fresh install on a new drive and still getting issues.My PC specs;- ryzen 5 3600- 16gb gskill...
  7. Random Game crashes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Game crashes: I am having random crashes of games on my laptop while playing on chargingIt usually crashes within 10-15 minutes.The game runs on my integrated intel graphics cardWhen I disabled amd driver in device manager and played but not on my radeon graphics card. I have reinstalled...
  8. Game randomly closing/crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Game randomly closing/crashing: Hello so recently i built my gaming PC and I've been experiencing that the game I'm playing randomly closes/crashes and what i mean by 'closes' is that it just closes as if i would click the red cross or i would go to the Task Manager and ended the game task, i got a few blue...
  9. Games and Spotify Crashing Randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games and Spotify Crashing Randomly: I'm trying to troubleshoot why both games that I'm playing, and Spotify are crashing recently. I've experienced this crash before, but the solution I tried this time didn't fix it. The crash is seemingly random (although possibly related to graphics/audio drivers?), the...
  10. Gaming and Random Crashes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Gaming and Random Crashes.: Hi, After some research and failing to find any solution i`ve decided to find help, have a gaming laptop (don`t judge me) and it used to work pretty well, until the latest Witcher expansion, i would be gettting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION everytime i tried to start the game,...