Windows 10: Random 'Ghost Printers' Keep appearing

Discus and support Random 'Ghost Printers' Keep appearing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've had this computer for about a year and a bit now, and in the past 2 months whenever I've tried to print something, my printer and it's built in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TwinPeaksPhoto, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Random 'Ghost Printers' Keep appearing

I've had this computer for about a year and a bit now, and in the past 2 months whenever I've tried to print something, my printer and it's built in fax machine have been duplicating themselves occasionally with different suffixes. I tried looking on devices and printers and it said there were indeed 2 printers even though printing software said there was 3. I deleted the duplicate but both it and the third ghost printer that wasn't in devices and printers were still there when I'd go to print something.

:)

TwinPeaksPhoto, Nov 24, 2021

2. Removing Ghost Printer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

This might have occurred due to hardware conflicts.

Try the methods.

Method 1:

Uninstall the Printer Drivers.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall the Printer drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

• Search for Printer Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the Printer driver and select
      Uninstall.
    Method 2:

Note: Ghost devices are the previously installed devices which are not connected but the drivers for that device is still present in the computer and sometimes shows in the
    devices list.

To get rid of unwanted drivers, devices, or services, use the following steps:

• Open the Start menu.

• Swipe to the upper right corner to bring charm bar.

• Type cmd in search box.

• Select cmd from the displayed list, right click and
      Open as administrator.

• At the command prompt, type in
      set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 and press Enter.
    (Note that nothing seems to happen. This is expected. You are actually setting an environment variable which is going to help you to see hidden devices.)

• On the next command prompt line, type
      devmgmt.msc and press Enter. This will launch the Windows Device Manager Console.

• In the Device Manager Console, from the
      View menu, select Show Hidden Devices.
    As you expand the different drivers and devices in the device manager, you will see not only the items that Windows currently detects as installed on your PC; but you will also see drivers, devices, and services which have
    been loaded in the past but were not uninstalled or are not currently started. You can find your offending device, right-click, and choose
    uninstall to remove it from the system completely.

Note that ghost devices, drivers, and services are “grayed” out, but that does not necessarily mean that you should delete all of them. Only remove items you know you do not need. Be careful that you do not change too many
    devices.

Once you have removed the ghost drivers completely from the system, try to reinstall the drivers for the Webcam and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Nov 24, 2021
  3. Sniper Ghost Warrior

Hi Gary,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you face the issue only with Sniper Ghost Warrior?
    We would suggest you to update the graphics drivers and check.

Ravinath P, Nov 24, 2021
  4. Random 'Ghost Printers' Keep appearing

Removing Ghost Printer

I have exactly the same problem. I think it is just the entry in the list box that is the ghost item. But how to remove it?

Willem.deboer, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

Random 'Ghost Printers' Keep appearing

1. Random 'Ghost Printers' Keep appearing - Similar Threads - Random 'Ghost Printers'

2. Program Finding "Ghost" Printers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Finding "Ghost" Printers: Our in-house computer program Epicor Eagle is finding printers that claim to be on windows middle window pictured below. As you can see Windows doesn't have any record of these printers. These printers were previously installed locally or from a network device on the computer...
  3. Program Finding "Ghost" Printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Finding "Ghost" Printers: Our in-house computer program Epicor Eagle is finding printers that claim to be on windows middle window pictured below. As you can see Windows doesn't have any record of these printers. These printers were previously installed locally or from a network device on the computer...
  4. Program Finding "Ghost" Printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Random 'Ghost Printers' Keep appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random 'Ghost Printers' Keep appearing: I've had this computer for about a year and a bit now, and in the past 2 months whenever I've tried to print something, my printer and it's built in fax machine have been duplicating themselves occasionally with different suffixes. I tried looking on devices and printers and...
  6. Random 'Ghost Printers' Keep appearing

Random 'Ghost Printers' Keep appearing: I've had this computer for about a year and a bit now, and in the past 2 months whenever I've tried to print something, my printer and it's built in fax machine have been duplicating themselves occasionally with different suffixes. I tried looking on devices and printers and...
  7. Ghost bubbles appears on Lenovo 80R3

Ghost bubbles appears on Lenovo 80R3: When I enable the touch screen on my laptop, I get ghost bubbles on the screen. Even when I go to the device manager and uncheck the "power management" option by right-clicking on HID-compliant device, the problem persists. I do not want to disable my laptop screen to solve...
  8. network ghost printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network ghost printer: i have a ghost printer on my wireless network and it does not belong to me. never had this printer installed on my computer and can't figure out how to block it. the ip does not show up. any ideas?...
  9. Many ghost routers in Devices and Printers

Many ghost routers in Devices and Printers: It seems that every restart of my router adds to Devices and Printers new router ghost. How to avoid this? [img] 81892
  10. Ghost icons appearing on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost icons appearing on desktop: Very recently, I have gotten over 40 ghost like icons on the desktop, intermingled with the normal icons. I have moved the regular icons to one side of my monitor with the new ones on the left side. I call them ghosts because they are somewhat blurry and the notations are...