Windows 10: Random hidden outline in middle of screen, can't drag files in, can't right click.

Discus and support Random hidden outline in middle of screen, can't drag files in, can't right click. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just got a new laptop, security is up to date and everything works smoothly. However recently I've noticed there's thisodd rectangular outline in the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Anonymous_239, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Random hidden outline in middle of screen, can't drag files in, can't right click.

I just got a new laptop, security is up to date and everything works smoothly. However recently I've noticed there's thisodd rectangular outline in the middle of the screen. I can't drag anything into it,can't right click on it, and when I click outside of it, itdisappears though is hidden very subtly where you can still see it very slightly. I tried clearing up any random storage thinking it might help but nothing exactly worked and I'm confused as to what's going on.

It's bothering me a lot and I have no idea what it is. This laptop which is a windows 10 model is brand new and works fine but this random outline just wont go away.

Any help I can get with this?

:)

Anonymous_239, Sep 18, 2020

2. Windows 7 Snipping Tool / (Screen Shots-Capture)

1. In the Control Panel > Folder Options > View Tab first check ( tick ) the Show hidden files, folders and Drives and then Apply.
    2. Now navigate to C:\ Program Data \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Start Menu \ Program.
    3. Inside this Program folder , you will find the 'Accessories' folder.
    4. Drag and drop the Accessories Folder on your Start Menu or All programs.
    Did this work ?

If all works again i suggest to go back to Step 1 and re-select Don`t show hidden files. folders and Drives then Apply. so you don`t accidentally delete some of these.

Frank N St31n, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Black outlines of floating windows

Hi Nathan,

The issue might occur due to corrupted display drivers or incompatible drivers.

I suggest you to update display drivers from device manager and check if it helps.

To update the drivers, follow the steps below.

• Type “Device Manager” in search box and press Enter.

• Right click on the drivers for Display and Touchscreen and select Update.

• Follow the on-screen prompts to update.
    Please get back to us with the results in regards with black outline
    dragged windows around on the desktop after and any other questions you might have regarding Windows operating systems. We are happy to assist.

Regards,
    Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 18, 2020
  4. damtachoa Win User

Random hidden outline in middle of screen, can't drag files in, can't right click.

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Random hidden outline in middle of screen, can't drag files in, can't right click.

1. Random hidden outline in middle of screen, can't drag files in, can't right click. - Similar Threads - Random hidden outline

2. my screen is shifted to the right I can't bring it to the middle.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my screen is shifted to the right I can't bring it to the middle.: my screen is shifted to the right side. I can't bring it the middle. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-is-shifted-to-the-right-i-cant-bring-it/78d150dc-a685-458d-9ad3-ac848b6f2018
  3. my screen is shifted to the right I can't bring it to the middle.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my screen is shifted to the right I can't bring it to the middle.: my screen is shifted to the right side. I can't bring it the middle. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-is-shifted-to-the-right-i-cant-bring-it/78d150dc-a685-458d-9ad3-ac848b6f2018
  4. Can't click the right side of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click the right side of the screen: After the last update for windows 11, I struggle with the problem that I can't interact with 1/4 of my screen from top to bottom. I can't click on anything on the right side. If I want to close a window, I have to drag it to the left first just so I can click on the x.Is...
  5. Can't click the right side of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click the right side of the screen: After the last update for windows 11, I struggle with the problem that I can't interact with 1/4 of my screen from top to bottom. I can't click on anything on the right side. If I want to close a window, I have to drag it to the left first just so I can click on the x.Is...
  6. Odd click behavior - Can't click and drag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Odd click behavior - Can't click and drag: Hello, everyone. For the past few weeks, I've been having a very strange click behavior in my Windows 10 laptop. I lost the ability to click and drag tabs from Chrome into a separate window, and now I've noticed I can't do that either with the icons in my taskbar. First I...
  7. Can't Click in Top Right Portion of Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Click in Top Right Portion of Screen: Aside from the very top right of the screen typically where the exit button is on web pages, I am unable to right or left click. Things in web browsers such as the minimize window button are unavailable to click on. This happens in every program, whether it is a game, web...
  8. Can't click the right side of my screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't click the right side of my screen: !/4 of my screen on the right side is un-clickable except for an area at the bottom of the un-clickable area. I was wondering if someone could support me with fixing this problem submitted by /u/ENKitty [link] [comments]...
  9. Can't right click and drag or copy files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't right click and drag or copy files: I recently lost the ability to right click and copy files to a separate folder or the desktop. I have tried several of the fixes posted online but with no luck....
  10. Can't click and drag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't click and drag: I purchased my Dell laptop in October 2017. I can no longer click and drag or click and scroll. I don't know how to fix this. Is there an easy fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/cant-click-and-drag/3ac385fe-eee5-4981-9f27-672faa566f96