Windows 10: Random high ping / lag spikes / packet loss rate in games/from games

Discus and support Random high ping / lag spikes / packet loss rate in games/from games in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For the past 2 weeks+ since I updated to Windows 10 I have been experiencing absurd lag spikes whenever i play an online game, for example my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Aneurin Partridge, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Random high ping / lag spikes / packet loss rate in games/from games

For the past 2 weeks+ since I updated to Windows 10 I have been experiencing absurd lag spikes whenever i play an online game, for example my connection is 6.66mbps down and 7.47 up when on a slump at the moment. Today I was playing Valorant and Rainbow Six Siege and the connection was fine up until around 3 hours into the session of Valorant my internet dies completely, i can't move, can't communicate in discord at all...Until I tab out of Valorant and my connection goes from 3000+ms and packet loss of 70~ to 20ms and 0 packet loss. I have tried to figure out whether this is just my network adapter by switching adapters and it's not the adapter. I first experienced this in Escape from tarkov however I believe it's to do with some sort of setting due to the fact that it's only when tabbed into games does my internet connection dieI can hear people in Discord but not speak back to them.

CPU:Intel i-4790

GPU:Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB

:)

Aneurin Partridge, Feb 17, 2021

2. Lag spikes while playing online games

Over the last year or so I have been getting periodic spikes of lag where I am unable to move or control my character in game. I have run multiple ping tests and hardware usage tests and there is no correlation between a high ping and these spikes, or
    high hardware usage and these spikes. I receive in game feed back that I have a momentary loss of connection. During these lag spikes I also remain at stable temperatures and other features, such as discord and Spotify, remain connected. If anyone could figure
    out my issue or has any tips on how to potentially fix this issue, all help would be appreciated.

RohlfJewell, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Random ping spikes while gaming.

I recently (about 2 weeks ago) started having random lag spikes while playing games. I only

really notice it while playing online video games with friends, and i can tell that it is a ping issue not a frame rate issue. My Discord is also affected.

My friends recommended that i reinstall my NVIDIA drivers, but to no effect. I am out of ideas my internet isn't the best but this is my first time with this issue.

System:

Intel i5-3570k

16 GB DDR3

7200 RPM HDD

Upload: 11 Mbps

Download: 60 Mbps

JediForceD1, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Random high ping / lag spikes / packet loss rate in games/from games

Random ping spikes in games

System:

Mobo: Gigabtye GA-A320M-S2H

RAM: 2xDDR4 8GB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X

Storage: 1 HDD and 1 SSD (Windows is on SSD)

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070

Problem

While playing online games, my ping will randomly
    spike up
    . In this time, my computer is effectively offline as I can't do anything online (use websites, discord calls etc). In games with built-in ping counters, it commonly reads 10,000 or more ping. After about 10 seconds, the ping will return to normal.
    The ping spikes get less common the longer my computer is on to the point they barely happen. They only start if I play an online game. I have been unable to find a fix that works for the current version of Windows 10.

derpybookshelf, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Random high ping / lag spikes / packet loss rate in games/from games

1. Random high ping / lag spikes / packet loss rate in games/from games - Similar Threads - Random high ping

2. super high ping, lag, and packet loss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    super high ping, lag, and packet loss: When playing my favourite games like valorant, apex, or even running a discord, my ping usually spikes up to 3000ms. This happens lately and I have nothing change beforehand. What should I do?...
  3. super high ping, lag, and packet loss

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    super high ping, lag, and packet loss: When playing my favourite games like valorant, apex, or even running a discord, my ping usually spikes up to 3000ms. This happens lately and I have nothing change beforehand. What should I do?...
  4. super high ping, lag, and packet loss

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Super High Ping and Packet loss

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Super High Ping and Packet loss: While playing games such as valorant, apex legends or minecraft, or using discord, my ping has very frequently spikes from its usual 30 ping to about 3000. I have had some rare ping spikes that were really bad before, but never have they been so frequent as it has been for...
  6. Network Packet Loss and Ping Spikes Until I Play a Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Packet Loss and Ping Spikes Until I Play a Game: Hi. My internet is having issues with packet loss and ping spike. I'm using ethernet and have tried other connections but still have the same issue. Other devices on my network have the same issue but they don't usually lose packets or ping spike in sync with other devices....
  7. Network Packet Loss and Ping Spikes Until I Play a Game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Packet Loss and Ping Spikes Until I Play a Game: Hi. My internet is having issues with packet loss and ping spike. I'm using ethernet and have tried other connections but still have the same issue. Other devices on my network have the same issue but they don't usually lose packets or ping spike in sync with other devices....
  8. Network Packet Loss and Ping Spikes Until I Play a Game

9. High ping spikes / lag while online gaming

High ping spikes / lag while online gaming: Hello, I'm experiencing lag while online gaming. This happens across multiple games not just once. Everything was running fine before I updated my drivers. I should have sufficient internet with download at 200mb and upload at 12.5mb as it was running fine before. I restarted...
  10. Ping spikes / Potential packet loss

Ping spikes / Potential packet loss: Good evening, Recently I have switched over to Verizon Fios as my ISP. I have a dual band USB adapter in my PC which allows me to connect to WiFi. After having Fios for 2 weeks, I have noticed that I am getting consistent Ping spikes when playing games or even browsing the...