Windows 10: Random High Ping Spikes

Discus and support Random High Ping Spikes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Internet, This is my first post ever, so no judge haha. Anyways, I've been having quite large ping spikes from 100-999+. It makes all online games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Halokiller2413, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Random High Ping Spikes

Internet,

This is my first post ever, so no judge haha. Anyways, I've been having quite large ping spikes from 100-999+. It makes all online games pretty much unplayable, I'm not quite sure what the issue is after looking at 10+ different website, nothing seems to work. I've tried switching wireless cards, editing some settings, turning apps off and on, and more, but nothing works. I'm not fully sure what information I need to provide, so if you all need more information, just tell me. I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1903, my wireless card is a Realtek 8812AE Wireless LAN 802.11ac. Hopefully that's all the information you need, but tell me if there is more required to solve this issue. I pinged my router using the "ping -n 30 -l 1000 [routerip]" command, and these were the results:
    Random High Ping Spikes 957ea825-9fac-4d02-8a5a-8f77a1235a10?upload=true.png

:)

Halokiller2413, Aug 7, 2019
  2. holy crow Win User

Random Ping Spikes

As of two days ago, I have been getting random ping spikes. I have done speed tests, and get normal speeds, but when I ping my router or other sites, such as Google.com, Ill have random spikes of up to 400ms. It will be a stable 1ms when I ping my router, but will randomly spike to ~400ms at random intervals. Any help is appreciated. I can supply any screenshots if necessary.

holy crow, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Really annoyed with random ping spikes.

[/quote] Click to expand... I have been doing a little bit of testing with that code in CMD. So far I opened up 4 CMD windows, all pinging to 4 different servers to check results while playing APB Reloaded.

I am pinging my router, my modem, APB server, ISP default gateway. Over the course of 30 minutes, my router pinged <1ms, modem <1ms, APB 20-25ms, ISP 8-14ms. I didn't have a case of ping spike during that time, but when I do get a ping spike, hopefully I'll get my answer. If the APB server spikes, along with the ISP server, but the router/modem stay at 1ms, does that mean an ISP issue? Faulty cable perhaps? In other words, if the router/modem stay at 1ms during the ping spike, does that mean that they are both working correctly?

I tried downloading a game while at the same time see how it affected my ping in APB. When the download started, my ISP ping spiked obviously, and the APB ping spiked as well, since the bandwidth is being sucked up by the download, the router and modem both stayed at 1ms. I'm hoping to catch a screenshot of when APB ping spikes to see if the ISP ping spikes also. If the ISP ping spikes, it would almost have to be an issue with them. Keep in mind I currently play 3 different games, and in all 3 games, I have seen high ping spikes over the past 3 weeks. It can't be coincidence that the game servers are lagging. Something must be causing them to ping up so often. Gotta keep an eye on that ISP default gateway ping and see how it reacts....

I can only check on my computer out of the 4. It is the only one good enough to play any kind of game on lol.

lwgnlseven, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Random High Ping Spikes

Really annoyed with random ping spikes.

Hey guys I'm getting really frustrated with random ping spikes on my network. I've got 10mb download and 1mb upload internet connection. I've got 3 computers hooked up to a DLink DIR-655, all hard wired, 1 laptop using wireless, and 2 IPod touch on wireless as well.

This started happening maybe 2-3 weeks ago. Basically the problem is simple. I'm getting completely random ping spikes, most noticeably in games. In BF3 I'll have my ping at 37 and then randomly it will jump to 360 for a few seconds, causing the game connection to stutter, and then go back to 37. I also play APB Reloaded and my latency will go from 29 up to 350, then back to 29. Again, causing the game to stutter tremendously. Ping on ventrilo will spike from 39 up to 300.

The router was purchased in July of 2012 so is not even 1 year old yet. I have unplugged both the router, and modem for 30 seconds and reset them both. I have the latest firmware for the router. A tech guy from my ISP came out today and gave me a brand new modem, still didn't fix the issues. I tried gaming directly to the old modem a few days ago, and it was still spiking. It spikes on both the router, and the modem, what else could be the problem? Faulty cable? ISP said everything looks good on their end.

I have used pingtest.net and have 0 packet loss, with a 40 ping, and jitter of 0-3 roughly. I ping myself with CMD and have a <1ms. Ping to google.com 20ms. Ping to yahoo.com gives me crazy results. I don't know what else to do/try. I will post below my pinging activity.

Normal pingtest

Random High Ping Spikes [​IMG]

Abnormal pintest

Pingtest 2 minutes after the above test show back to normal.

Random High Ping Spikes Ping.jpg

All 3 tests were done right after each other, yahoo.com gives the most random pings, and they're all high ones at that. I would expect this kind of problem on a wireless connection, but on a wired one? What else can I do here? I can't enjoy gaming at all anymore when my pings are going through the roof....

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. *Smile Random High Ping Spikes :)

lwgnlseven, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Random High Ping Spikes

1. Random High Ping Spikes - Similar Threads - Random High Ping

2. High ping spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High ping spikes: So when i try to play roblox i always get a very high ping that lasts about 3 seconds where everyone is stuck and after that time everything goes back to normal for about 20 seconds and the same thing happends again over and over. I have watched so many videos but none of...
  3. High ping spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High ping spikes: So when i try to play roblox i always get a very high ping that lasts about 3 seconds where everyone is stuck and after that time everything goes back to normal for about 20 seconds and the same thing happends again over and over. I have watched so many videos but none of...
  4. High ping spikes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. High ping/latency spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High ping/latency spikes: So around a week ago my internet/wifi connection has gotten worse, I have already called my provider optimum in which they said that it is a either a router issue or an issue with my laptop they reset the modem on their end and I have reset the wifi and modem on my end which...
  6. Internet will frequently randomly spike to a really high ping

Internet will frequently randomly spike to a really high ping: I have noticed that for a few weeks now that anywhere from tow to five times a day my internet will just randomly get really really slow, This seems to happen randomly, when I'm on discord the ping counter will jump to 5000ping but it won't disconnect me these typically last...
  7. high latency / ping spikes

high latency / ping spikes: For around 3 months now I've been encountering high latency and ping spikes online, I've looked at so many questions like this and not a single person has had the same exact problem, there's always been a way to resolve it, I have literally gone to lengths as far as...
  8. Random Ping spikes

Random Ping spikes: [ATTACH] In my console i typed ping www.google.com -t Now i run this to see when i get ping spikes and to show what is actually happening. At random moments my Discord stops completely like for enough time where i cant hear anyone anymore but not enough to disconnect me...
  9. random ping spikes

random ping spikes: i get lots of random ping spikes. they dont happen all the time but maybe once evry 2 days and last hours. when i type ping my ip -t in cmd it says "request timed out" every time i spike. none of my other devices seem to experience this issue and i even got a new antenna and...
  10. Windows 10 high ping spikes randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 high ping spikes randomly: As the tittle says i get high ping spikes in games and discord randomly 1000+ ms (while my brother is on the same discord server with , me he has around 60-70ms) when i go to task manager network usage it says 0% usage or 1 % but the i see some services at the top and the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pinging server shows no ping spikes but getting large ping spikes in all programs

2. random pings

3. high ping spikes windows 10

4. random high ping in game,
  5. how to fix random ping spikes,
  6. random ping spikes,
  7. win 10 1903 made ping spike in lol