Windows 10: random icon popping up on desktop

Discus and support random icon popping up on desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The last several times I have started my computer an icon has popped up on the desk top, it is visible for a few seconds and then disappears. It seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RaeCramer1, Apr 21, 2021.

1. random icon popping up on desktop

The last several times I have started my computer an icon has popped up on the desk top, it is visible for a few seconds and then disappears. It seems to be indicating that something isn't working or turned on as it has a diagonal line through it. It is an outline of a "up" arrow with the letter A inside it. I have tried google image search as well as looking through your forums and can't find any reference to it. random icon popping up on desktop 3faa78e2-7fd6-4b86-bbb9-82daee3df56d?upload=true.jpg

:)

RaeCramer1, Apr 21, 2021

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Donna Men Win User

random icon popping up on desktop

annoying desktop pop ups

Hi Sheena,

Pop ups can be distracting for some, and depending on your reference, you can disable the desktop pop ups by following these steps:

• Click Start or the Windows logo and go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Go to System and choose Notification & actions.
    • Under Notifications, turn off Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows or whatever you want to turn off.
    • Close the window and it will automatically save the changes.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Donna Men, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

random icon popping up on desktop

1. random icon popping up on desktop - Similar Threads - random icon popping

2. Weird random news pop-ups on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird random news pop-ups on desktop: Hello,So I have recently noticed some weird NEWS pop-upsin a grey box with white font that show up randomly on my desktop in random times and random spots. I have tried scanning for malwares/adwares/viruses with different antivirus/antimalware programs, but to no avail. I...
  3. Weird random news pop-ups on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird random news pop-ups on desktop: Hello,So I have recently noticed some weird NEWS pop-upsin a grey box with white font that show up randomly on my desktop in random times and random spots. I have tried scanning for malwares/adwares/viruses with different antivirus/antimalware programs, but to no avail. I...
  4. Random desktop icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random desktop icon: I’ve installed a driver from edup.com, for a USB Wi-Fi adapter. During installation, I noticed a flickering on one of my monitors red square bg with a white x in the middle. It looked a bit weird, but I’ve already met in the past, pop-up windows lasting for milliseconds...
  5. Random text file pops up on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random text file pops up on my desktop: I recently updated my pc to win 11 and this random text file named Ver.txt keeps popping up on my desktop and documents. I tried to scan for any viruses from microsoft defender and did not found any. I'm deleting but it does not stop coming back....
  6. Random text file pops up on my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random text file pops up on my desktop: I recently updated my pc to win 11 and this random text file named Ver.txt keeps popping up on my desktop and documents. I tried to scan for any viruses from microsoft defender and did not found any. I'm deleting but it does not stop coming back....
  7. Random pop-ups

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random pop-ups: Hello everyone!So as usual i cleaned my laptop, and made sure everything is clean, i made sure to clean the keyboard aswell, after i was done i opened the laptop but i noticed something unusual, the notification bar on the left keeps opening and closing and the same thing...
  8. desktop pops up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop pops up: I play American Truck Sim. and other games on Steam and I'm driving down the road when the desktop pops up and the game is put down on the task bar. If I click on the game icon on the task bar most of the time the game will reappear and I can continue to play. But in those...
  9. Desktop Pop Ups

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Pop Ups: How do I remove pop up ads popping up on desktop, now while browsing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/desktop-pop-ups/7e7a4a58-3eab-44da-911e-51040839c9f0
  10. desktop pop-ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    desktop pop-ups: I have read many reviews about desktop pop-ups, with no answers. I had to log in to my Microsoft Account about this problem. What I noticed from the community the answer was always buy this buy that. if Microsoft continues this way of troubleshooting problems like this to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. random shortcit on desktop