Windows 10: Random & infrequent BSOD

Discus and support Random & infrequent BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Our small church has a PowerSpec computer that we use to audio record our services. The pastor got a good deal from his son-in-law for the PC. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PCGuy53, May 24, 2020.

1. PCGuy53 Win User

Random & infrequent BSOD

Our small church has a PowerSpec computer that we use to audio record our services. The pastor got a good deal from his son-in-law for the PC.
    The computer is usually left on, with only the screen blanking out after a while. It may go for weeks without problems, then BSOD or completely freeze multiple times.

Windows 10 ver 1909
    I have attached the V2 log collector file.
    I've been fighting this for quite a while. I formatted & reinstalled Windows in the past, but it didn't help.
    I have run Windows updates. Tried to find driver updates, but may have missed some.
    Used KCSoftwares SUMO to show what programs need updating, then updated manually.

Here are some of the things I have tried recently:
    1. Only have keyboard, mouse, monitor, and network cable connected.
    2. Link State Power Management – was already off
    3. Turned Off Fast Startup
    4. sfc /scannow – Didn’t find any problems
    5. Reset the Winsock Catalog
    6. Replaced HDD SATA cable
    7. Removed CPU heat sink. Blew out dust & put on new heat sink compound.
    8. BSOD again
    9. Ran Seagate Sea Tools for Windows long generic test in Safe Mode with networking. Test ok.
    10. Ran the following:
    1. Dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth - No component store corruption detected.
    2. Dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth - No component store corruption detected.
    3. Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth - The restore operation completed successfully.
    11. MS Disk Cleanup
    12. MS chkdsk /r. Found & fixed some problems, but had a BSOD overnight after that.

Thanks for any help you can give,
    Ken

:)

PCGuy53, May 24, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Ztruker Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, May 24, 2020
  4. Random & infrequent BSOD

BSOD, infrequent and inconsistent

Been dealing with infrequent BSOD for 6+ months with minimal luck on a solution. Finally happened during an inconvenient time so its time to sort it out. Additional information can be provided if requested.

Speccy: https://i.imgur.com/z5yb0gq.png

DMP: 011619-5968-01.dmp

MSinfo: MSinfo.nfo

nathansager, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Random & infrequent BSOD

1. Random & infrequent BSOD - Similar Threads - Random infrequent BSOD

2. BSOD Appears infrequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Appears infrequently: Hi,Got a brand new system this winter and had some problems with my first pair of DDR5 ram sticks, after i got those replaced the system has seemingly been working fine until today. While i was playing a game the system went into a clock watchdog timeout BSOD. I have no clue...
  3. BSOD Appears infrequently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Appears infrequently: Hi,Got a brand new system this winter and had some problems with my first pair of DDR5 ram sticks, after i got those replaced the system has seemingly been working fine until today. While i was playing a game the system went into a clock watchdog timeout BSOD. I have no clue...
  4. BSOD Appears infrequently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Infrequent BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infrequent BSODs: Over the past year I've been getting infrequent BSOD crashes, about one a day. It happens both when my PC is under load and when it's idle. I've seen 10+ different BSOD messages, and the task "causing" the crash is never the same, so I can't really find a pattern. Sometimes...
  6. Infrequent BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Infrequent BSODs: Over the past year I've been getting infrequent BSOD crashes, about one a day. It happens both when my PC is under load and when it's idle. I've seen 10+ different BSOD messages, and the task "causing" the crash is never the same, so I can't really find a pattern. Sometimes...
  7. Infrequent BSODs

8. BSOD - Clock Watchdog Timeout. Random & infrequent

BSOD - Clock Watchdog Timeout. Random & infrequent: Hello, hope you are all well! The past few days I've been getting the BSOD with Stop code: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT about 2-3 times a day. I have tried a few fixes - including turning overclock down and then off, re seating RAM, rolling back windows update but nothing has...
  9. PC randomly, infrequently crashes.

PC randomly, infrequently crashes.: I used to have crashing problems a while ago, but i seemed to have fixed them up until recently. Every now and then, very infrequently happens maybe once a month with everyday use my PC will lock up and freeze. There will be a small blue rectangle in the top left corner of...
  10. BSOD, infrequent and inconsistent

BSOD, infrequent and inconsistent: Been dealing with infrequent BSOD for 6+ months with minimal luck on a solution. Finally happened during an inconvenient time so its time to sort it out. Additional information can be provided if requested. Speccy: https://i.imgur.com/z5yb0gq.png DMP:...