Windows 10: Random intermittent black screen with error sound

Discus and support Random intermittent black screen with error sound in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Specs: Aorus Z390 Master I9-9900k Aorus RTX 2080TI 11gb WB 16gb G.skill Trident ram Samsung evo 970 500gb m.2 ssd Corsair sf750w PSU.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Emare07, May 17, 2020.

1. Emare07 Win User

Random intermittent black screen with error sound

Specs:

Aorus Z390 Master

I9-9900k

Aorus RTX 2080TI 11gb WB

16gb G.skill Trident ram

Samsung evo 970 500gb m.2 ssd

Corsair sf750w PSU.

Recently encountered black screen problems randomly. Would have a days without a black screen incident and on the contrary, would also have a time where I would encounter error every x3-4days. same scenarios would happen every time where monitor would turn off, buzzing sound and couple second of background sound is still heard until a buzzing sound comes from speakers then a sudden familiar windows error sound code. Noticed this happens a lot during game time. No over heating issue observed. CPU and GPU temp stays below 60c. I have also not been overclocking any of the systems.

Solutions found online but was unsuccessful,

1. Tried Windows logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B, or Ctrl + Alt+ del. Would hear the beep only. Only solution is to hard reboot the PC by holding the power button down.

2. Tried clean booting OS, Reinstalling GPU in safe mode.

3. Ran System File Checker SFC.exe and Deployment Image Servicing & Management DISM.exe to find and fix missing or corrupted system files.

4. Switch DP to HDMI and vice versa.

5. All hardware connection are intact.

6. All drivers are upto date.

Hoping for any suggestions.

:)

Emare07, May 17, 2020

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 17, 2020
  3. Intermittent black screen problem in Windows 10

Hi Warren,

There are several reasons why you are facing an intermittent black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• On which scenarios did the black screen issue happen again?
    • Have you recently installed any updates?
    • Have you made any particular changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Are there any 3rd party programs or software installed on your computer?
    • To make sure we have not missed on anything, may we know the list of steps that you have done to resolve the issue?

Your response is greatly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 17, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Random intermittent black screen with error sound - Similar Threads - Random intermittent black

2. Intermittent black screen with no inputs accepted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermittent black screen with no inputs accepted: Lately I have been getting intermittent black screens and rejected mouse/keyboard inputs with the system recovering after about 30 seconds UNLESS I am playing certain games - in which case the system remains unresponsive and requires rebooting. Although I am not sure, I...
  3. Random, intermittent Black screen on Windows

Random, intermittent Black screen on Windows: About 2-3 times a week, Windows goes completely black will not respond to Ctrl-Alt-Delete. The computer itself is definitely on, as I can ping the computer when it is in this state. Most often, 1 or 2 restarts will fix the problem. Afterwards, when checking event log for an...
  4. Random black screen with error sound

Random black screen with error sound: Specs: Aorus Z390 Master I9-9900k Aorus RTX 2080TI 11gb WB 16gb G.skill Trident ram Samsung evo 970 500gb m.2 ssd Corsair sf750w PSU. Recently encountered black screen problems randomly. Would have a days without a black screen incident and on the contrary, would...
  5. Black Screen with sounds

Black Screen with sounds: Hello everyone Three days ago I started having some issues, my laptop will turn on but, after posting, nothing will appear in my screen. Just the black screen with white light in the background indicating that the screen is on. what i have done to remedy this issue is:...
  6. Computer Black Screens randomly but sound continues.

Computer Black Screens randomly but sound continues.: Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 193 Parameter 1: 80f Parameter 2: ffffffffc0000017 Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: 0 OS version: 10_0_18363 Service Pack: 0_0 Product:...
  7. Random Black screens and intermittent slow response

Random Black screens and intermittent slow response: In the past month, we have started experiencing several systems, mostly laptops but some desktops with random issues. The problems have been sporatic over the past few months, but in the past month have become chronic. Note that I have seen this with a mix of Windows 10...
  8. Random Black Screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Black Screens: Hello. I currently have a problem with my computer where I would randomly black out while playing games. The game just stops for a couple seconds and it will continue right after. What could be wrong with my computer? Is there any way to test for defective parts? Thank you...
  9. Random black screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random black screens: Hello, For some reason when I am watching a youtube video or playing a game my screen just goes black, then I have to turn my laptop off and back on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-black-screens/666a0cf5-2c99-4de6-a375-537bc24ef6b7
  10. Random black screen, no cursor or sound

Random black screen, no cursor or sound: Hi! I recently installed new hardware; Asus ROG x470-F Gaming, Ryzen 5 2600 and G.Skill Trident Z RGB memory. I have updated to latest Windows 10, I have home edition, latest BIOS, latest driver for my GPU, GTX770. My problem is that at completely random times it all goes...