Windows 10: Random Internet Outage Diagnosis Help Needed

Discus and support Random Internet Outage Diagnosis Help Needed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello All, Here is my problem, and I hope someone can help. I will gladly supply any necessary information needed to help me solve this. Long story... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by frankma, Jan 22, 2020.

1. frankma Win User

Random Internet Outage Diagnosis Help Needed

Hello All,

Here is my problem, and I hope someone can help. I will gladly supply any necessary information needed to help me solve this.

Long story short:

For about the last 6 weeks I lose internet randomly, for a couple of minutes at a time. It happens several times a day (I work from home a lot), and can happen at any time, but again, only lasts for a few minutes and comes back on as mysteriously as it went out.

I have two PC's (a laptop and a desktop) plugged into a SB6580 and both PC's will exhibit the problem when it occurs. Of course, any devices connected to WIFI will exhibit the same issue. Running Windows 10, and I update it regularly.

What I find very curious, however, is if I am on a VOIP call when it occurs, or playing online poker (don't ask) these two activities are seemingly not interrupted. The problem seems only confined to web browsing.

I had Optimum come out, and they replaced the cable from the pole to the house, they said squirrels had chewed it all up. I was hoping that was the issue, but it wasn't as it's still happening. It is driving me bananas I have no idea what the problem could be.

I even tried swapping the modem out, and that didn't do anything.

Any suggestions, anyone? Thank you in advance. Optimum tech support is, well, Optimum tech support.

Sincerely,

Frank

:)

frankma, Jan 22, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Ztruker Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Random Internet Outage Diagnosis Help Needed

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Random Internet Outage Diagnosis Help Needed

1. Random Internet Outage Diagnosis Help Needed - Similar Threads - Random Internet Outage

2. BSOD Diagnosis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Diagnosis: Good afternoon,I have been experiencing repeated BSOD, seemingly at random. Frequency is generally once every hour or so, but inconsistent.I have uploaded Dump Files, Analysis and System Info here. Hope you can access itBSOD DataAnnoyingly, the error seems to be different...
  3. BSOD diagnosis need help reading minidump files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD diagnosis need help reading minidump files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhzUzM2ypm6Hj1er23XICgb_FnGH?e=P5RQHkhere are the most recent dump files and the sys info. Pretty sure its driver related but cant figure out which one is causing BSOD....
  4. BSOD diagnosis need help reading minidump files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD diagnosis need help reading minidump files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhzUzM2ypm6Hj1er23XICgb_FnGH?e=P5RQHkhere are the most recent dump files and the sys info. Pretty sure its driver related but cant figure out which one is causing BSOD....
  5. BSOD diagnosis need help reading minidump files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. PC loses internet randomly - help needed to troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC loses internet randomly - help needed to troubleshoot: I have this setup at home: ISP Modem/Router (in bridge mode) - Asus RT-AX86U (router) - Ethernet Cable (approx 3m/10ft) - Desktop PC (Win10) During the last couple of weeks my PC has started to lose internet connection. The problem disappears after a reboot. It has happened...
  7. BSOD diagnosis

BSOD diagnosis: I have been suffering from BSOds for a few months now. I have one every time I try to turn my laptop on, it happens once, with a stopcode of Memory Management or Reference by pointer. I have run memtest86 in the last three months and found no errors, as I was suspecting that...
  8. System crash need diagnosis

System crash need diagnosis: Here is my log files. Mouse freezes and crashes my computer with kernel 141 error. Diagnosis? https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar9_uFnJSes6iz1XTd1NFY6i9cif?e=nSPJTe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-crash-need-diagnosis/c0e600a0-5e0a-4521-95e5-c64dc843f2af
  9. BSOD error and mem86 diagnosis help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD error and mem86 diagnosis help: Hi All, Lately I have been getting a bluescreen errors on my PC - Unexpected kernel mode trap. It mostly happens while gaming (FFXIV, League of legends, overwatch, etc) I've tried different games and still get the same issue. My PC specs are I7-3770k, 1070 graphics card, 16...
  10. Driver Failure Bug Check, need help with diagnosis

Driver Failure Bug Check, need help with diagnosis: I am getting fairly frequent Bug Checks (0.09f) but have no way of reading the dump file. What I see in the system log seems to tell me that there is a power problem (?) with one of my installed drivers. No idea which one. I have uploaded the mini dump and system info to...