Windows 10: Random internet unanvaliable (not loss of connection) since updating windows

Discus and support Random internet unanvaliable (not loss of connection) since updating windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Sometimes, randomally the internet becomes unavaiable, IT IS NOT the internet connection. The windows internet in the tool bar vanishes / gets replaces... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cuddlyn, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Random internet unanvaliable (not loss of connection) since updating windows

Sometimes, randomally the internet becomes unavaiable, IT IS NOT the internet connection. The windows internet in the tool bar vanishes / gets replaces by a globe with a cross in it, and all neighbours aare not avaliable. It looks very simular to when you update drivers and stuff and the internet stops working untill you restart it .It started happening once i updated my windows recently, before then it worked fine.

Can someone help me out

submitted by /u/cuddlyn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cuddlyn, Feb 4, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

loss of internet connection

Hi Lawrence,

Since you are still experiening internet connection issue, what we can suggest is for you to try and have the Internet Connections troubleshooter. Kindly try the steps below:

• Right click the
      Start
      menu and select Control Panel.

• Change the
      View by: Categoryinto
      Large icons.

• Select and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Click
      Network and Internet.

• Click
      Internet Connections.

• Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.

• After troubleshooting is completed, check the status of the troubleshooter shown on the window.
    Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Loss of Internet connection due to Flight mode on desktop with no WiFi

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested workarounds on this article
    to resolve network connection issues on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Random internet unanvaliable (not loss of connection) since updating windows

Internet connection stops working at random times

Hi Pkjlee,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing. We are glad to help you.

Try the below methods and check if it helps with your issue.

Method 1:Internet Troubleshoot

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Method 2: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer
    website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.

• Select Network Adapter and expand the driver icon.

• Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Random internet unanvaliable (not loss of connection) since updating windows

1. Random internet unanvaliable (not loss of connection) since updating windows - Similar Threads - Random internet unanvaliable

2. Loss of Internet and/or WiFi Connectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of Internet and/or WiFi Connectivity: I am running Windows 11 Home 64 bit with all the latest updates installed on two HP laptops.I have a TP-Link Deco mesh network with 5 Decos as follows:Location Model IP Address Build ReleaseMain Living Room X60 2.0 192.168.68.1 20210204 50164Apartment X60 1.0 192.168.68.51...
  3. Loss of Internet and/or WiFi Connectivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loss of Internet and/or WiFi Connectivity: I am running Windows 11 Home 64 bit with all the latest updates installed on two HP laptops.I have a TP-Link Deco mesh network with 5 Decos as follows:Location Model IP Address Build ReleaseMain Living Room X60 2.0 192.168.68.1 20210204 50164Apartment X60 1.0 192.168.68.51...
  4. Loss of internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loss of internet connection: Have an intermittent problem whereby PC loses internet connectivity. Normally it thinks the connection is still up but no browser tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge nor Outlook can connect. Normally I can only resolve by disabling the adapter and then, after short pause of...
  5. Periodic but seemingly random loss of internet connectivity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Periodic but seemingly random loss of internet connectivity: My desktop PC runs Windows 10 2004 build, but this is a long-standing issue that predates the current build and its predecessor. I mainly use Firefox but revert to Edge and Chrome from time to time. The symptoms are that Firefox "freezes": no website can load, the address...
  6. Frequent loss of internet connectivity

Frequent loss of internet connectivity: Hi When starting my laptop fom "sleep" mode i frequently find i have lost internet connectivity. The only way to solve this is to "restart" my machine and wait for everything to load up again. Could anyone help please?...
  7. Packet loss and random internet drops

Packet loss and random internet drops: [img] [img] I am having these weird internet drops where it happens 1 - 2 times a day. I also have packet loss in game (I always see the icon of packet loss popping up in all the games I play) I run my computer wired so it's not connected wireless. Not sure if any of...
  8. Can not connect to internet since windows update

Can not connect to internet since windows update: Ever since the last windows update on the 15th, I haven't been able to connect to the internet. It has nothing to do with my router since it works on other devices. I've tried checking my network adapter for updates and even uninstalling it and restarting. I've also tried...
  9. Loss of internet connection

Loss of internet connection: Lenovo M 700 desktop computer; Windows 10 64 bit; NetGear N300 WiFi Router, Firefox 54.0.1 On my desktop computer, the network keeps disconnecting from the internet during periods when my browser is closed. Also, frequently when it comes out of sleep. I've had no troubles...
  10. Loss of internet connectivity

Loss of internet connectivity: I am posting this in what may be a brief window of connectivity. Last night I was unable to restore either Ethernet or Wireless connectivity in any of the ways that usually work, including a network reset. My ISP (BT, UK) told me they had a fault but later changed their mind;...