Windows 10: random ip in my host file

Discus and support random ip in my host file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; so my virus total and other virus check sites were not workingso i checked my host fileand there were 50 random ip and web address and it was written... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AyushmanGupta1, Jun 24, 2021.

1. random ip in my host file

so my virus total and other virus check sites were not workingso i checked my host fileand there were 50 random ip and web address and it was written 127.0203 www.virustotal.com idk if this is exact words as i have deleted it now and there were many sites like norton .com etc and when i edited the host and deleted all the web address virus total started working!so idk what it is it . is it a virus ? pls tell imma scared my computer has virus

:)

AyushmanGupta1, Jun 24, 2021

2. Hosts file

so i dont need to config my localhost and my no ip on my hosts file?

binsky3333, Jun 24, 2021
  3. Hosts file

Can i use the hosts file(found in windows/system32/drivers/etc) to link localhost to an ip address.

binsky3333, Jun 24, 2021
  4. random ip in my host file

Hosts file editing

I have to jump in and say I use, and have used the host file for years. It's an easy way to take stress off of old name servers. I don't add everything, but major shares I do add to the host file. I've used the host file for some tunneling as well. I try to optimize my network as much as possible and I have a solid network. But Easy Rhino is right as well, you'll want to have everything he suggested as well. *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

random ip in my host file

1. random ip in my host file - Similar Threads - random host file

2. Random IPs in Resource monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random IPs in Resource monitor: I’ve seen a number of random IPs show up in the TCP connections tab of Resource Monitor. For example here’s one 104.18.20.226 I look up these connections on google or via a ip look-up tool and find either no information about it, or that it’s a potentially dangerous address....
  3. Random IPs in Resource monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random IPs in Resource monitor: I’ve seen a number of random IPs show up in the TCP connections tab of Resource Monitor. For example here’s one 104.18.20.226 I look up these connections on google or via a ip look-up tool and find either no information about it, or that it’s a potentially dangerous address....
  4. Random IPs in Resource monitor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Device Host Name and IP Resolution Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Host Name and IP Resolution Issues: One of my 3 Win11 computers host name is not showing up correctly on the network.Let's call the problem machine "Bob".On the 2 good PCs, "Bob" is shown in the Network section of File Explorer, but when I try to access it, I get the error "Windows cannot access \\Bob" - "Error...
  6. Device Host Name and IP Resolution Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Host Name and IP Resolution Issues: One of my 3 Win11 computers host name is not showing up correctly on the network.Let's call the problem machine "Bob".On the 2 good PCs, "Bob" is shown in the Network section of File Explorer, but when I try to access it, I get the error "Windows cannot access \\Bob" - "Error...
  7. My Hosts file is a system file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Hosts file is a system file: My hosts file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc is a system folder and when i edit it it not like what is being show to other users on Youtube and here in Microsoft Community and i'm worry about edit it so i need a solution for this. PS : I'm using Windows 10 Pro 1809...
  8. Vanilla hosts file ( hosts file not working )

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Vanilla hosts file ( hosts file not working ): Hi I keep getting this symptom from time to time , it fixes with windows updates but then occasionally come back . I have a list of advertising and malware websites that I filter through hosts file that are often used by a chat client as per the chat client community...
  9. Hosts file

in Windows 10 Support
    Hosts file: should the Hosts file be made read only ? 51243
  10. Hosts file

in Windows 10 Support
    Hosts file: I am embarrassed that I forgot on change from Windows 7 to 10 I forgot until now to remember that only the sample Hosts file was installed. Now I cannot recall where the more comprehensive version came from or how to install it. Please advise me. 97081