Windows 10: Random IPs in Resource monitor

Discus and support Random IPs in Resource monitor in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I’ve seen a number of random IPs show up in the TCP connections tab of Resource Monitor. For example here’s one 104.18.20.226 I look up these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TTobio, May 28, 2023.

1. TTobio Win User

Random IPs in Resource monitor

I’ve seen a number of random IPs show up in the TCP connections tab of Resource Monitor. For example here’s one 104.18.20.226 I look up these connections on google or via a ip look-up tool and find either no information about it, or that it’s a potentially dangerous address. Anyone know why these randomly show up? I’m not going out of my way to click on suspicious websites. And to my knowledge nothing I use uses “cloudflare” which is what the ip above directs me to. I’m a novice computer user and not an expert in cyber security, can anyone please help me

:)

TTobio, May 28, 2023
  2. NinjaNife Win User

IP Address Bandwidth Monitor

I am looking for a bandwidth monitor that tells me how much bandwidth each IP connected to my server is sending/receiving (preferably listed in Mbits). I currently have Netlimiter 2 Pro, but that only does bandwidth monitoring by process (it lists IPs but doesn't tell how much bandwidth each one is using). It would need to run on Windows Server 2003 and not have any web-based requirements (it is not a webserver so can't support a webpage-type monitor). Does anyone know how to do this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brendan "NinjaNife" West

NinjaNife, May 28, 2023
  3. Is Resource Monitor a Trojan Horse?

Resource Monitor has no history of this. From what you described it sounded more like a Norton issue to me. I've had enough experience over ten years daily in forums to know that Norton is always the first suspect when it's mentioned and therefore it was
    the first suggestion I made here based on your entire description.

A shotgun approach tries a bunch of things hoping something will work. This is targeted at Norton which is always the prime suspect, and not shotgun at all. If it doesn't help then I'll have other steps but one step does not a shotgun make.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, May 28, 2023
  4. Jstn7477 Win User

Mitsubishi Intros A Pair of New DiamondCrysta Wide Series Monitors

Looks like they are IPS, but is it true that they are fully 120Hz compliant? I see they seem to list Dual Link DVI connections but I'm confused by the diagram that suggests the monitor internally generates the extra frames. *Confused Random IPs in Resource monitor :confused:

Jstn7477, May 28, 2023
Thema:

1. Random IPs in Resource monitor - Similar Threads - Random IPs Resource

2. iP questions for resource monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iP questions for resource monitor: Hello, I was looking through resource monitors network activity and found this IP: https-69-164-42-0.pdk.llnw.net . Is this legit or malicious? Anyone know what it is?...
  3. iP questions for resource monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iP questions for resource monitor: Hello, I was looking through resource monitors network activity and found this IP: https-69-164-42-0.pdk.llnw.net . Is this legit or malicious? Anyone know what it is?...
  4. iP questions for resource monitor

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Random IPs in Resource monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random IPs in Resource monitor: I’ve seen a number of random IPs show up in the TCP connections tab of Resource Monitor. For example here’s one 104.18.20.226 I look up these connections on google or via a ip look-up tool and find either no information about it, or that it’s a potentially dangerous address....
  6. Random IPs in Resource monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random IPs in Resource monitor: I’ve seen a number of random IPs show up in the TCP connections tab of Resource Monitor. For example here’s one 104.18.20.226 I look up these connections on google or via a ip look-up tool and find either no information about it, or that it’s a potentially dangerous address....
  7. Resource Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resource Monitor: Why is this happening? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resource-monitor/5742dd19-f885-4765-b836-072463e98a3a
  8. Resource Monitor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Resource Monitor: I got a quick question for resource monitor. Under CPU I have CPU Total, then service CPU Usage and then CPU 0 through to CPU 7. Why so many CPU under Resource Monitor? 168991
  9. Resource & Performance Monitor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Resource & Performance Monitor: I have had this open for 10 minutes but has done nothing. - [img] 167609
  10. Resource Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Resource Monitor: My new system has 4 NVMe drives: a 1TB - C:\ drive, 2-1TB drives in a striped set - D:\ drive, and a 1TB - E:\ drive. It also has a RamDisk A:\ drive and a HDD, F-Drive. My Disk Resource Manager monitors all drives except my D-Drive, can it not see striped sets? The stripe...