Windows 10: Random keys gets inputted when I pressed one key

Discus and support Random keys gets inputted when I pressed one key in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have to type this with the on screen keyboard BUT every time I press one key on my actual keyboard it types multiple dexaqm;plode 52kisw 52frkight... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KaidenNL, Apr 7, 2021.

1. KaidenNL Win User

Random keys gets inputted when I pressed one key

I have to type this with the on screen keyboard BUT every time I press one key on my actual keyboard it types multiple dexaqm;plode 52kisw 52frkight 52nlosw 5KI 52aqm 52tyloking 52thkisw 52swkith 52my 52aqctjuaqlo 5kideybloaqfrs*8de - example I use a laptop

:)

KaidenNL, Apr 7, 2021
  2. manofthem Win User

Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Apr 7, 2021
  3. ctrain Win User
    Zippy! Automatic Button Pressing program.

Are you only using the hook to catch the key to use for sending input?

I can think of a couple ways to grab input without the hook. Maybe you can run through the virtual key list with GetAsyncKeyState() and flag what's pressed. From there you can just build your list of keys to mash and fire them off with SendInput(). Some food for thought, probably get you out of AV flag territory.

ctrain, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Random applications opening when pressing any key on the keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that pressing keys in the keyboard opens random application, we will look into this for you. Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you tried using an external keyboard?

In the meantime, you can try the methods mentioned below:

Disable Sticky and Filter keys:

You can also try to disable the Sticky keys and Filter keys and see if that helps in resolving the issue. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. Type control and click on
      OK
      . This will open Control Panel.
    3. Click on View by and select
      Large icons
    4. Click on Ease of Access Center.
    5. Click on Make the keyboard easier to use.
    6. Uncheck the checkbox for Turn on Sticky Keys and Turn on Filter Keys.
    7. Click on Apply and OK.

Disable WindowsInkWorkspace:

To disable WindowsInkWorkspace, please follow the steps mentioned below:

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly.
    Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take backup of registry.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. Type regedit and click on
      OK
    3. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsInkWorkspace
    4. If you don’t find WindowsInkWorkspace key then, right click on
      Microsoft key, click on New and click Key.
    5. Rename the new key as WindowsInkWorkspace.
    6. On the right hand pane, right click select
      New
      , and click on DWORD (32-bit) Value.
    7. Rename the key as AllowWindowsInkWorkspace.
    8. Double click on the value and set the value as
    9. Restart the computer.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to use an external keyboard and check if you are facing the same issue.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Random keys gets inputted when I pressed one key - Similar Threads - Random keys gets

2. f4 key is getting pressed when im pressing other keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    f4 key is getting pressed when im pressing other keys.: When I am pressing keys like G, H, backspace, escape, F7, F11, *, ', numpad 8.... F4 key is getting pressed. Which is causing lot of issues while typing and using file explorer. Whenever i press the mentioned keys address bar of file explorer or any browser is opening itself...
  3. f4 key is getting pressed when im pressing other keys.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    f4 key is getting pressed when im pressing other keys.: When I am pressing keys like G, H, backspace, escape, F7, F11, *, ', numpad 8.... F4 key is getting pressed. Which is causing lot of issues while typing and using file explorer. Whenever i press the mentioned keys address bar of file explorer or any browser is opening itself...
  4. Computer is not inputting the keys I press

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is not inputting the keys I press: For the past two days, certain keys on my computer don't respond to what keys I press. At first, when I would type a random key [M key for example], my keyboard would input a weird combination of letters [like "MN6" in this case]. I tried to search for a solution but I...
  5. Computer is not inputting the keys I press

Computer is not inputting the keys I press: For the past two days, certain keys on my computer don't respond to what keys I press. At first, when I would type a random key [M key for example], my keyboard would input a weird combination of letters [like "MN6" in this case]. I tried to search for a solution but I...
  6. When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...: When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it makes the function of “windows” key. What can I do?...
  7. When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...

When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...: When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it makes the function of “windows” key. What can I do?...
  8. Whenever I press one key it types in a random key please help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Whenever I press one key it types in a random key please help: Whenever I press any key on my keyboard it types something random like when I try to delete a word it places a new word I think it’s a virus and when I restart it it says someone is in my pc PLEASE HELP...
  9. Random stuff opens when pressing keys.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random stuff opens when pressing keys.: Sometimes, When I am doing my work (playing games, etc.) and i press w, some windows ink panel pops up and it is very irritating as the game closes and when i enter the game again and press w, same thing happens. The only fix i know right now is to restart the computer but it...
  10. My Surface keyboard started typing random letters when I input one key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Surface keyboard started typing random letters when I input one key: Since this morning, my surface keyboard is not working right. For example, when I type the letter a, what appears is apb When I type the number 1, what appears is x1 When I type the number 3, what appears is v3 When I type the letter p, what appears is pb When I type...