Windows 10: Random keys on keyboard not working - tried 4 wireless, 2 wired, all USB, all have...

Discus and support Random keys on keyboard not working - tried 4 wireless, 2 wired, all USB, all have... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; - All keyboards were new except the first - Updated ALL associated drivers - All other USB peripherals work - Problem periodically stops for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CameronRothschild, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Random keys on keyboard not working - tried 4 wireless, 2 wired, all USB, all have...

- All keyboards were new except the first

- Updated ALL associated drivers

- All other USB peripherals work

- Problem periodically stops for a day or two

- Replaced all PC components since it started except RAM, drives 1 HDD, 2 NVMe, and GPU

- PCIe USB card didn't help

- Did full antivirus scan via ESET NOD32

- Tried clean install of windows before and after replacement of parts

- Wiped all drives, even free space via CCleaner prior to clean installs and also reformatted all drives during windows installation

- Keyboard issues present EVEN AT BIOS LEVEL both on old and new motherboards, which can be seen by trying to set a bios level administrator password

I am using Windows 10 Home Edition 64 bit. My configuration is as follows:

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon

CPU: Ryzen 3600

GPU: Red Devil Powercolor 8GB RX580

NVMe 1: 256GB, Samsung EVO 970 This is my boot drive

NVMe 2: 256GB, Samsung EVO 960

HDD: 2.75TB Seagate Pipeline

RAM: 32GB 2x16GB G.Skill 2667MHz Ripjaws V DDR4

PSU: 750W Thermaltake Toughpower Modular Power Supply

Case: Thermaltake View 37

Sound Card: Sound Blaster Z

Does anyone have a solution I haven't already tried? All parts other than RAM, GPU, and drives are under 3 months old and I replaced them mainly in an effort to fix the keyboard problem. It didn't work. That was after trying all the things I previously mentioned. I'll try anything at this point.

:)

CameronRothschild, Aug 3, 2020
  2. SRNonStop Win User

Mouse problem - No mice work, wireless or wired

On Windows 10, after previously working just fine, a reboot has rendered any and all mouse devices non-responsive. Only the touchpad works. I have tried numerous steps already...

1) Tried the mouse on another computer. Both wired and wireless work on other PCs, but not on the PC in question.

2) Tried a different USB port, none work despite recognizing the USB device and installing drivers.

3) Safe mode is no different. I have uninstalled the 3 Human Interface devices and allowed Windows to re-install them.

4) I have a wireless keyboard that shares the wireless mouse USB port, the keyboard works but the mouse does not.

5) I have checked for Windows updates, none are available.

6) I have rebooted, restarted and tried again numerous times.

7) Neither wired nor wireless work, on any or all USB ports. Other devices work in these same USB ports.

How can I restore mouse functionality that previously worked?

SRNonStop, Aug 3, 2020
  3. OrbitzXT Win User
    random keyboard keys stop working?

i went out today and everything was fine, i come home and three random keys stopped working, maybe more i havent noticed yet. the three key on the left side of the keyboard not working, the left shift stopped working, and the enter key stopped working, but the one on the numpad works fine. no one was home to use it, nothing spilled on it, i tried it on another computer and same deal. im gonna go buy a new one tomorrow but it makes me sad cause i loved this keyboard lol, microsoft ergonomic 4000. ill probably buy the same exact one if its in stock tomorrow, this one lasted or 4 years about. im just confused why three random keys spread out stopped working at the same time...seems very weird

OrbitzXT, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Random keys on keyboard not working - tried 4 wireless, 2 wired, all USB, all have...

Need a new wireless keyboard - suggestions?

This is a for work - not gaming!

My work keyboard is a wireless logitech, lasted some 6 years and now has a case of sticking keys, so I need a new one. I really liked it, thought the key action isn't the greatest. It has been through millions of keystrokes.

I have a G5 gaming mouse (both work and home), I want to keep that.

So I'm looking for:

• Wireless and responsive
    • (USB and PS2 capable)
    • Assignable hot keys
    • Dedicated volume and playback buttons
    • Great feel (for lots of typing)
    • Intergrated wrist-wrest
    • Black (nice not to see gunk that builds up)
    • Under $100
    Anyone have any "passionate" suggestions? I plan to stop at staples to try some out. I am partial to Logitech.

Sasqui, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Random keys on keyboard not working - tried 4 wireless, 2 wired, all USB, all have...

1. Random keys on keyboard not working - tried 4 wireless, 2 wired, all USB, all have... - Similar Threads - Random keys keyboard

2. All wireless devices randomly stop working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All wireless devices randomly stop working: I have had this issue going on for almost a year now, where once or twice every month all my wireless devices Bluetooth and wireless mouse, but wi-fi will usually work will randomly stop working until I restart my pc. Another issue that seems to be related is that whenever...
  3. All wireless devices randomly stop working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All wireless devices randomly stop working: I have had this issue going on for almost a year now, where once or twice every month all my wireless devices Bluetooth and wireless mouse, but wi-fi will usually work will randomly stop working until I restart my pc. Another issue that seems to be related is that whenever...
  4. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.: All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no problem on that drive. I have tried all power mgmt and driver un/installs but nothing is changed. So I suspect something in...
  5. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.: All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no problem on that drive. I have tried all power mgmt and driver un/installs but nothing is changed. So I suspect something in...
  6. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. USB wired keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly

USB wired keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly: The USB device icon appears on the status bar, and the keyboard disconnects and reconnects, while the devices stays connected meanwhile num lock light on, first I thought it to be a device hardware issue, bought a new keyboard, changed the USB port, front, back both...
  8. USB wired keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly

USB wired keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly: The USB device icon appears on the status bar, and the keyboard disconnects and reconnects, while the devices stays connected meanwhile num lock light on, first I thought it to be a device hardware issue, bought a new keyboard, changed the USB port, front, back both...
  9. Wired USB mouse and wireless keyboard not working in a specific USB port

Wired USB mouse and wireless keyboard not working in a specific USB port: I've been having this problem now where a USB port doesn't work with my wireless keyboard and wired mouse, I can't do anything with computer hardware, so don't tell me to replace it or something, this USB port is on the right of the laptop, and the 'alternative' one I'm using...
  10. Comma Key on All Keyboards not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Comma Key on All Keyboards not Working: Hello guys, so my comma key doesn’t work on any of my keyboards on my main PC. I tried both on my laptop and they both work there. I’m not sure when the comma key stopped working but it’s been a few months for sure. The ‘Less-Than’ key doesn’t work either. However, they both...