Windows 10: Random keys start pressing infinetly...

Discus and support Random keys start pressing infinetly... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! I have a weird problem that started recently. My Asus Claymore keyboard starts pressing a random key infinetly. But registers my key presses... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ssmuu, Dec 2, 2019.

1. /u/ssmuu Win User

Random keys start pressing infinetly...

Hello! I have a weird problem that started recently. My Asus Claymore keyboard starts pressing a random key infinetly. But registers my key presses while pressing that random key. I uninstalled and re installed drivers but problem still exists. Recently I turned off the sticky keys for gaming. After restart keyboard works fine. Just randomly have this problem. Another weird thing is at the device manager Asus keyboard defined as a mouse and my Razer Naga mouse as a keyboard. I cant fix it please help :'(

submitted by /u/ssmuu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ssmuu, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Random applications opening when pressing any key on the keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that pressing keys in the keyboard opens random application, we will look into this for you. Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you tried using an external keyboard?

In the meantime, you can try the methods mentioned below:

Disable Sticky and Filter keys:

You can also try to disable the Sticky keys and Filter keys and see if that helps in resolving the issue. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. Type control and click on
      OK
      . This will open Control Panel.
    3. Click on View by and select
      Large icons
    4. Click on Ease of Access Center.
    5. Click on Make the keyboard easier to use.
    6. Uncheck the checkbox for Turn on Sticky Keys and Turn on Filter Keys.
    7. Click on Apply and OK.

Disable WindowsInkWorkspace:

To disable WindowsInkWorkspace, please follow the steps mentioned below:

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly.
    Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take backup of registry.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. Type regedit and click on
      OK
    3. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsInkWorkspace
    4. If you don’t find WindowsInkWorkspace key then, right click on
      Microsoft key, click on New and click Key.
    5. Rename the new key as WindowsInkWorkspace.
    6. On the right hand pane, right click select
      New
      , and click on DWORD (32-bit) Value.
    7. Rename the key as AllowWindowsInkWorkspace.
    8. Double click on the value and set the value as
    9. Restart the computer.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to use an external keyboard and check if you are facing the same issue.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 2, 2019
  3. manofthem Win User
    Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Aksh_47 Win User

PC starts by pressing any key!

Okay guys ive got a weird prob, my PC starts if i press ANY key on the keyboard!
    I observed this started happening after i recently installed windows 8 PRO.. and yes, i do shut it down and not put it to sleep. Everything else works fine, ive got no other prob at all with Win 8. And yes, it doesn't start with mouse clicks.

Its quite irritating at times, when im study or doin some other thing on my desk and i accidentally hit a key, and there, it starts up!

Although its good that i dont have to reach to the power button everything, i dont like this, any solution to fix it?

Aksh_47, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Random keys start pressing infinetly... - Similar Threads - Random keys start

2. Getting protection info infinetely.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting protection info infinetely.: Virus and threat protection never loads in, stuck in the infinite getting protection info.People generally get recommended to put in a couple of commands to fix the issue, but it doesn't work for me.Malware scans don't show anything either. And security troubleshooter doesn't...
  3. Getting protection info infinetely.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting protection info infinetely.: Virus and threat protection never loads in, stuck in the infinite getting protection info.People generally get recommended to put in a couple of commands to fix the issue, but it doesn't work for me.Malware scans don't show anything either. And security troubleshooter doesn't...
  4. Alt key randomly pressing without touching keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt key randomly pressing without touching keyboard: This started yesterday, while typing in searches, random tabs would open. It appears that these tabs are Alt Key shortcuts.I opened Notepad and can actually see Alt being activated and deactivated without touching the keyboard.Thinking it was a keyboard issue, I cleaned,...
  5. Alt key randomly pressing without touching keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt key randomly pressing without touching keyboard: This started yesterday, while typing in searches, random tabs would open. It appears that these tabs are Alt Key shortcuts.I opened Notepad and can actually see Alt being activated and deactivated without touching the keyboard.Thinking it was a keyboard issue, I cleaned,...
  6. Tyiping keys keep selecting apps starting with the pressed key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tyiping keys keep selecting apps starting with the pressed key: I'm in my home-screen, but if i press the f it will select the app Firefox or O and selects obs, how can i stop this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tyiping-keys-keep-selecting-apps-starting-with-the/67b355a5-abec-47f3-ade9-b4089d29bad1
  7. Tyiping keys keep selecting apps starting with the pressed key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tyiping keys keep selecting apps starting with the pressed key: I'm in my home-screen, but if i press the f it will select the app Firefox or O and selects obs, how can i stop this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tyiping-keys-keep-selecting-apps-starting-with-the/67b355a5-abec-47f3-ade9-b4089d29bad1
  8. Tyiping keys keep selecting apps starting with the pressed key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Random stuff opens when pressing keys.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random stuff opens when pressing keys.: Sometimes, When I am doing my work (playing games, etc.) and i press w, some windows ink panel pops up and it is very irritating as the game closes and when i enter the game again and press w, same thing happens. The only fix i know right now is to restart the computer but it...
  10. Press any key to start

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Press any key to start: This is as far as I get. Still photo of a plane taking off and music. "Press any key to start" appears. Click it and music continues but the screen goes black. A "wheel" spins in the lower right corner for second each time you click "PAKTS" but goes no further. Just want to...