Windows 10: Random Lag & Delay

Discus and support Random Lag & Delay in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Yesterday, my laptop was working fine and running with quick speed, until I slapped my desk. When I hit my desk, my laptop's screen cut to black. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kodaxr, Apr 11, 2021.

1. kodaxr Win User

Random Lag & Delay

Yesterday, my laptop was working fine and running with quick speed, until I slapped my desk. When I hit my desk, my laptop's screen cut to black. I checked the cables and nothing was unplugged, I then decided to try power my laptop up, and it worked, but there was a problem. It was extremely slow. It took about 45 seconds to a minute to log me into my desktop and my applications take about 30 seconds to a minute to load. This isn't normal for a laptop like mine. This happened yesterday, and I'm completely unsure why this sudden lag/delay is present.

:)

kodaxr, Apr 11, 2021
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    mouse delays

Hi Peter,

It is possible that you're experiencing mouse lag after update due to corrupted/outdated drivers or compatibility issue.

To troubleshoot your issue, I suggest that you follow these options:

Option 1: I suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot your mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows.

Option 2: Enable / Disable Scroll Inactive Windows:

• Navigate to Settings > Devices > Mouse & Touchpad.
    • Now locate the Scroll Inactive Windows option and disable / enable it.
    • Try disabling and enabling this option a few times and check if the issue is resolved.

Option 3: Change Palm Check Threshold:

• Go to Mouse & Touchpad settings.
    • Click Additional Mouse Options.
    • Next choose TouchPad Tab.
    • Click on Settings and go to Advanced Tab.
    • Locate the Palm Check Threshold and move it all the way to the left.

Option 4: Set the touchpad to No Delay

To do this navigate to Mouse & Touchpad settings like we explained in the previous steps. Now find the
    Touchpad section and set the delay before clicks to No delay (always on).

Option 5: Change your mouse frequency

Sometimes mouse lag problems can be related to its frequency. This issue usually affects wireless mice, and if your mouse is lagging, you might be able to solve the problem by adjusting its frequency.

To do that, open your mouse configuration software and change its frequency from 500 to 250Hz. After doing that, your mouse will start working normally.

Option 6: Disable Fast Startup:

• Press Windows Key + S and enter control panel. Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • When Control Panel opens, select Power Options.
    • Now click on Choose what the power button does.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended) and click on
      Save changes
    • After disabling Fast Startup, the issue should be resolved and your mouse will start working again.

Option 7: Change your Clickpad settings:

• Navigate to Mouse section in Control Panel.
    • Go to Clickpad settings. Navigate to Advanced > Smart Sense and set
      Filter to 0.

Option 8: Roll back your drivers:

• Open Win + X menu by pressing Windows Key + X. Now select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • When Device Manager opens, locate your mouse or Realtek audio driver and double click it.
    • Go to Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver button if available. If
      Roll Back Driver button is grayed out, this solution doesn’t apply to you.

Option 9: Change Power management options:

• Go to Device Manager and double click USB Hub device to open its properties.
    • When Properties window opens, go to Power Management tab and uncheck
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Click
      OK
      to save changes.
    • Keep in mind that you need to repeat these steps for all USB Hub devices on your PC. After making the necessary changes, the issues with your mouse will be resolved.

Option 10: I suggest that you follow the steps shared by Jackson Chris on this
    thread.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Apr 11, 2021
  4. Random Lag & Delay

Start menu lag/delay.

Start menu lag/delay.

Hello! My start menu from windows 10 doesn't work properly,it takes to load 1 second sometimes.I tried to disable the animations and its the same.

Alex B. (A.B.), Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Random Lag & Delay

1. Random Lag & Delay - Similar Threads - Random Lag Delay

2. Keyboard Delay/Lag not fixing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Delay/Lag not fixing: I have tried multiple methods to get this to stop but nothing works and its driving me crazy. please someone help with this problem.my keyboard is a Razer Blackwidow Elite and im running on Windows 11....
  3. Keyboard Delay/Lag not fixing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Delay/Lag not fixing: I have tried multiple methods to get this to stop but nothing works and its driving me crazy. please someone help with this problem.my keyboard is a Razer Blackwidow Elite and im running on Windows 11....
  4. Touchpad unresponsivenss Lag or delayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad unresponsivenss Lag or delayed: Hi, I have an HP 15 Notebook 15-dy1079ms when I first bought the laptop, I noticed the touchpad responsiveness was a bit delayed but after the updates, it worked normally, now the laptop has about over a year and it has been almost 2 months since this issue started again. I...
  5. Touchpad unresponsivenss Lag or delayed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad unresponsivenss Lag or delayed: Hi, I have an HP 15 Notebook 15-dy1079ms when I first bought the laptop, I noticed the touchpad responsiveness was a bit delayed but after the updates, it worked normally, now the laptop has about over a year and it has been almost 2 months since this issue started again. I...
  6. Touchpad unresponsivenss Lag or delayed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 10 lag/delay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 lag/delay: Hello I have had this Acer Aspire V5 122p-0864 laptop for some time, but recently I have just updated to windows 10 and have been experiencing bad cursor lag and keyboard delay. I was wondering if there is any thing I could do to fix the problem while remaining on windows...
  8. Delayed Audio Randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delayed Audio Randomly: I have restarted everything re downloaded drivers and tried everything i can find or think of... any help appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delayed-audio-randomly/eaa9c4b7-fd44-44f2-acfe-49a353fca306
  9. cursor delay lag

in Windows 10 Customization
    cursor delay lag: while using a brush on any software i notice a delay between the mouse and a brush, the mouse creates a distance when i start moving and the brush falls behind but come back to wheres the cursor when i stop moving example pic& gif it happens on any software...
  10. Random Lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Lag: 2 days ago, my computer just started running like 10x slower than before. Games run horrible, things open very slowly, bringing up taskbar is stuttery. this has never happened to me before and I have always been able to run games fast until now. Need help. Specs: GTX 1070...