Windows 10: Random Lag Spikes during Online Meetings and Gaming

Discus and support Random Lag Spikes during Online Meetings and Gaming in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have been facing an issue for the past month or so where random lag spikes come out of no where. When gaming, I notice my ping randomly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ryan Adams1, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Random Lag Spikes during Online Meetings and Gaming

Hello, I have been facing an issue for the past month or so where random lag spikes come out of no where. When gaming, I notice my ping randomly shooting up to 80+ frequently and then settling back down to 10-20. When in meetings for a longer period of time, my voice will cut out, I will sound like a robot, and sometimes I will crash out of the meeting. It's starting to affect my work. My ISP is Xfinity and they didn't find any issues with my connection. My Specs: Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Cores, 12 Logical Processors OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro

:)

Ryan Adams1, Dec 5, 2023
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Dec 5, 2023
  3. Lag Spikes

So, I have had this computer for a month now and every game I have played I will get random lag spikes which in any game will often cause me to lose in the games I play. I play on a wireless internet and I can't have used ethernet and it has helped a bit
    but I cant always use it. I have good internet too as I use the same internet on my phone and switch and hardly ever experience lag spikes.

itsWolfy ., Dec 5, 2023
  4. Jul_D Win User

Random Lag Spikes during Online Meetings and Gaming

Random Mouse Lag Spikes - Windows 10

So recently I have upgraded to Windows 10 and I immediately noticed random/periodic lag spikes in my mouse, especially while playing games. Are there any fixes to this problem or is a fix going to be released in a near update?

Jul_D, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

Random Lag Spikes during Online Meetings and Gaming

1. Random Lag Spikes during Online Meetings and Gaming - Similar Threads - Random Lag Spikes

2. Sound Problem During Online Meeting and Video Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Problem During Online Meeting and Video Games: Hello,I have a problem that have been recurring since yesterday. During a meeting either on Zoom or Google Meet, I could not hear anything, just a tiny bit of scrunches or little noise and never any proper voice from my colleagues even though before I joined, the songs I...
  3. Sound Problem During Online Meeting and Video Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Problem During Online Meeting and Video Games: Hello,I have a problem that have been recurring since yesterday. During a meeting either on Zoom or Google Meet, I could not hear anything, just a tiny bit of scrunches or little noise and never any proper voice from my colleagues even though before I joined, the songs I...
  4. Random Lag Spikes during Online Meetings and Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Lag Spikes during Online Meetings and Gaming: Hello, I have been facing an issue for the past month or so where random lag spikes come out of no where. When gaming, I notice my ping randomly shooting up to 80+ frequently and then settling back down to 10-20. When in meetings for a longer period of time, my voice will cut...
  5. Weird "lag spikes" in game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird "lag spikes" in game: Hello, i have a problem, and sometimes in programs. The problem is when i am playing a game and about 5-10min i am getting wierd lag spikes that last 2-9sec and that continues for every game. With heavy games every 2sec and with low end games that can run on low end specs...
  6. High ping spikes / lag while online gaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    High ping spikes / lag while online gaming: Hello, I'm experiencing lag while online gaming. This happens across multiple games not just once. Everything was running fine before I updated my drivers. I should have sufficient internet with download at 200mb and upload at 12.5mb as it was running fine before. I restarted...
  7. Windows random lag spike

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows random lag spike: So I can normally play Minecraft fine but now it is very laggy. When starting up anything on my computer usually now it takes a while. It says not responding then the not responding goes away and comes back but it eventually loads. Everything is much slower now. Does anyone...
  8. random lag spikes Lenovo IdeaPad L340 Gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    random lag spikes Lenovo IdeaPad L340 Gaming: so I've had my laptop for just over a year now and I primarily use it for school, with the occasional GTA 5 or Among Us in between. I started noticing these lag spikes around August or maybe a bit later. It doesn't happen just in games, but also when I'm just doing nothing,...
  9. Lag spikes while playing online games

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lag spikes while playing online games: Over the last year or so I have been getting periodic spikes of lag where I am unable to move or control my character in game. I have run multiple ping tests and hardware usage tests and there is no correlation between a high ping and these spikes, or high hardware usage and...
  10. Lag spikes in online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag spikes in online games: Hi all, As the title says im experiencing lag spikes when im playing online games which include (Left 4 Dead 2,Tomb Raider Etc).My ping hovers around 70-90 but after about 20 seconds it jumps up to 180-300.This constantly happens.Now bear in mind that the current (Gaming) pc...