Windows 10: random lag spikes Lenovo IdeaPad L340 Gaming

Discus and support random lag spikes Lenovo IdeaPad L340 Gaming in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so I've had my laptop for just over a year now and I primarily use it for school, with the occasional GTA 5 or Among Us in between. I started noticing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cooper_GaminG_, Nov 25, 2020.

1. random lag spikes Lenovo IdeaPad L340 Gaming

so I've had my laptop for just over a year now and I primarily use it for school, with the occasional GTA 5 or Among Us in between. I started noticing these lag spikes around August or maybe a bit later. It doesn't happen just in games, but also when I'm just doing nothing, like working in a Word document or writing this post. in GTA I can see the frame drop from a steady ~60 to about 15 or even 10 at times.

What happens is my screen just freezes for like 5 to 10 seconds, but my input is still acknowlegded, just delayed massively. I do have multiple tabs open at times for school, so for example on a normal day I have Teams open, Discord, at least 1 tab Chrome and then Word or Visual studio/code (or both). But it also happens when I'm just using Chrome and nothing else.

Some days it's more than others. I'm learning code for school and it's really frustrating that every minute I have these lag spikes, does anyone here have a clue what I can do?

submitted by /u/Cooper_GaminG_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cooper_GaminG_, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Jowi2525 Win User

How to disable gestures on my Ideapad L340 touchpad

I have a new Ideapad L340. I want to disable gestures on the touchpad (especially tap to click). I followed the instructions at the Lenovo support site (URL listed at the bottom of this post). The instructions get you to Mouse Properties.
    Then the instructions say "click Settings or Advanced Settings."
    Unfortunately, on the Lenovo Ideapad L340 there is no Settings or Advanced Settings to click on in the Mouse Settings Dialog box.
    I have seen lots of suggestions that involve clicking on the tab to the right of the Hardware tab on the Mouse Properties dialog box, but there is no tap to the right of the Hardware tab.
    I am open to registry editing also.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

Touchpad Settings in Windows 10, 8, 7 - IdeaPad - US

Jowi2525, Nov 25, 2020
  3. vmars316 Win User
    How to shut off tapping for lenovo ideapad l340

Hello & Thanks ;

How to shut off tapping for lenovo ideapad l340 ?

Thanks

vmars316, Nov 25, 2020
  4. random lag spikes Lenovo IdeaPad L340 Gaming

Keys on Lenovo Ideapad L340 Laptop swapped

I have a new Lenovo Ideapad L340. The @ sign on the keyboard has swapped with the " sign. How do I fix this?

AlanGlass1, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

random lag spikes Lenovo IdeaPad L340 Gaming

1. random lag spikes Lenovo IdeaPad L340 Gaming - Similar Threads - random lag spikes

2. Random Lag Spikes during Online Meetings and Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Lag Spikes during Online Meetings and Gaming: Hello, I have been facing an issue for the past month or so where random lag spikes come out of no where. When gaming, I notice my ping randomly shooting up to 80+ frequently and then settling back down to 10-20. When in meetings for a longer period of time, my voice will cut...
  3. Random Lag Spikes during Online Meetings and Gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Lag Spikes during Online Meetings and Gaming: Hello, I have been facing an issue for the past month or so where random lag spikes come out of no where. When gaming, I notice my ping randomly shooting up to 80+ frequently and then settling back down to 10-20. When in meetings for a longer period of time, my voice will cut...
  4. lenovo l340 I7 ideapad display distorted over no screen operation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lenovo l340 I7 ideapad display distorted over no screen operation: Screen get distorted after no operation or screen and on idle state Sometimes getting back from sleep mode Try uninstalling and reinstalling display adapter drivers[ATTACH] [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  5. Windows random lag spike

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows random lag spike: So I can normally play Minecraft fine but now it is very laggy. When starting up anything on my computer usually now it takes a while. It says not responding then the not responding goes away and comes back but it eventually loads. Everything is much slower now. Does anyone...
  6. Mic button (f4) not working(Lenovo IdeaPad L340)

Mic button (f4) not working(Lenovo IdeaPad L340): After I updated yesterday now my mic button doesn't work. I'm wondering if I can fix this, as it's very helpful in zoom meetings and in gaming sessions. When I press f4 my mic gets muted/unmuted and I see an icon in the middle of my screen. Anybody know if I can make it back...
  7. How to shut off tapping for lenovo ideapad l340

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to shut off tapping for lenovo ideapad l340: Hello & Thanks ; How to shut off tapping for lenovo ideapad l340 ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-shut-off-tapping-for-lenovo-ideapad-l340/abb96a97-e8e0-456c-a066-d8251bff7786
  8. Precision Touchpad on Lenovo Ideapad L340?

Precision Touchpad on Lenovo Ideapad L340?: Does anyone know if the precision touchpad is available for the Lenovo Ideapad L340? This laptop isn’t the gaming variant, by the way. I’ve tried to download and install the Elan one from various tutorials, but it disables the mouse. The default trackpad is a little laggy and...
  9. Keys on Lenovo Ideapad L340 Laptop swapped

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keys on Lenovo Ideapad L340 Laptop swapped: I have a new Lenovo Ideapad L340. The @ sign on the keyboard has swapped with the " sign. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-on-lenovo-ideapad-l340-laptop-swapped/38681acd-d153-4216-b6dc-8ca138e8dd0b
  10. 110-15ISK Laptop (ideapad) - Type 80UD Intense random lag spikes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    110-15ISK Laptop (ideapad) - Type 80UD Intense random lag spikes.: My Lenovo ideapad is having problems with very intense lag spikes and its just so annoying. I have tried everything, Updating drivers Corruption test Resetting laptop (3 TIMES!!!) maleware scans removing bloatware trying things through BIOS. Lenovo hardware scans....