Windows 10: Random lag, then unresponsiveness(and theres a curse-y vibe about it)

Discus and support Random lag, then unresponsiveness(and theres a curse-y vibe about it) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Let me start off by saying that I don't know what i'm doing. I have been trying to pinpoint whats wrong with my Asus Q550lf laptop PC for about 8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jack12345, Feb 23, 2019.

1. jack12345 Win User

Random lag, then unresponsiveness(and theres a curse-y vibe about it)

Let me start off by saying that I don't know what i'm doing. I have been trying to pinpoint whats wrong with my Asus Q550lf laptop PC for about 8 hours, and the only conclusion I've come to is that it has a broken foot, a cold, and marital issues and somehow one single thing is causing all of the above. I think I pissed off a pagan god or got bandersnatched or the computer is now self aware and trying to end itself. So I'll list symptoms and hopefully someone can help me.

1. While the PC is on, it will have seemingly random lag spikes and after 15 minutes (sometimes 30, sometimes 5, sometimes 60, actually i think its quite random) or usually after starting a process (it doesnt discriminate---dialogue box, taskbar application, loading screen, restart screen---50/50 success rate) it will become unresponsive and I'll have to force shutdown.
    2. Windows module installer worker is constantly running and using CPU
    3. "2019-02 cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1803 for x64 based systems (KB4487017)" is stuck initializing
    4. I thought the updater was the problem---I tried this https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/reset-windows-update-in-windows-10.9160/---it didnt work "Windows Updater could not be stopped" or some other ominous message
    5.I troubleshooted "Blue Screen" "Hardware and Devices" and maybe one other (I cant check which, the taskbar just became unresponsive). No issues found for all 3.
    6. I troubleshooted "update" and it got stuck at the first part and it kept checking something indefinitely, had to cancel, tried again, same thing, then it became unresponsive. So I couldnt complete an 'update' troubleshoot, Ill try again after im done typing.

Sidnotes: In the last week, I uninstalled mcafee, soluto, and realplayer. I deleted soluto from the program files, but then I restored it from the recycle bin and uninstalled it properly.

Is it hardware, how do I check, I ran a perfmon but I dont know what to look for, I looked in the Event viewer and I dont know which errors/warnings were important?

If I do a 'Fresh start' from windows defender, is there any chance that the computer freezing up will have irreparable consequences?

:)

jack12345, Feb 23, 2019
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Lenovo Vibe XP not connecting with Windows10

Hi Suresh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check.

Method 1:
    Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

a) Press the Start key on the keyboard.

b) Type Troubleshooter in the
    Search box and then press Enter.

c) Select Troubleshooting. Click on
    View All and select Hardware and Devices.

d) Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

You can download the device drive from the device manufacturer's website (if available). Install the device driver (modem) using the compatibility mode and check if that helps in fixing the issue.

Now, to install in compatibility mode, follow these steps:

a. Locate the executable file (.exe file) for the driver installation program.

b. Right-click the file, and then click Properties.

c. In the Package Name Properties dialog box, click the Compatibility tab.

d. Click to select the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box, click Windows 8
    (or any compatible OS version) with which it is compatible with in the Run this program in compatibility mode for list, and then click OK.

e. Double-click the executable file to start the installation program.

Refer the below support link and check.

phones :: vibe series :: vibe x2 Lenovo Mobile Support - FR

Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Akheel Ahmed, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

Windows 10 random lag spikes (Creators Update)

Hi Bradley,

Your concern with the performance of your device can be due to the configuration of your device. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you're referring to a brief unresponsiveness when you experience your concern.
    • If you've installed programs after you've updated your device to version 1703.

In the meantime, we'd recommend performing a clean boot in Windows to isolate software conflicts on your device. To do this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link
    . In the clean boot environment, check if you'll experience lags or the same behavior that you've noticed. The link will provide steps to isolate the cause of your concern. Once you're done troubleshooting, check the How to reset the computer to start
    normally after clean boot troubleshooting section of the link to revert your device to normal boot.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Random lag, then unresponsiveness(and theres a curse-y vibe about it) - Similar Threads - Random lag unresponsiveness

2. lagging unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lagging unresponsive: My laptop is unresponsive lagging with keyboard input etc. I wonder, why at high load the processor goes to a fraction of the available speed. Powersettings are set to speedstep and maximum cpu but this here is what actually is happening ***** moved from german to english...
  3. lagging unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lagging unresponsive: My laptop is unresponsive lagging with keyboard input etc. I wonder, why at high load the processor goes to a fraction of the available speed. Powersettings are set to speedstep and maximum cpu but this here is what actually is happening ***** moved from german to english...
  4. Random black screen and unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random black screen and unresponsive: AMD Ryzen 3 3100G Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2 8GB HyperX Ram 500w Thermaltake PSU 1TB Seagate HDD 240GB PNY SSD Not the first PC I have built but definitely the first time I have run into this issue and I would really appreciate some help! It's for my nephew for Christmas so I...
  5. Keyboard lag/unresponsive, mouse is erratic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard lag/unresponsive, mouse is erratic: Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Microsoft comfort keyboard and mouse 5050 Sabrent ds-rica universal docking station most current driver Acer connected to dock via vga to dvi converterand benqconnected to dock with hdmimonitors. Graphics driver no better drivers available...
  6. Random Crashing/unresponsive problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Crashing/unresponsive problems: Hi, Im getting a random unresponsive problem where my PC will not respond (mouse and Keyboard) do nothing when typing or moving them. Ive installed the latest drivers for my mouse and keyboard as well as my graphics card and the Bios. Any help would be great. 157522
  7. Random Lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Lag: 2 days ago, my computer just started running like 10x slower than before. Games run horrible, things open very slowly, bringing up taskbar is stuttery. this has never happened to me before and I have always been able to run games fast until now. Need help. Specs: GTX 1070...
  8. Random lag, then unresponsiveness(and theres a curse-y vibe about it)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random lag, then unresponsiveness(and theres a curse-y vibe about it): Let me start off by saying that I don't know what i'm doing. I have been trying to pinpoint whats wrong with my Asus Q550lf laptop PC for about 8 hours, and the only conclusion I've come to is that it has a broken foot, a cold, and marital issues and somehow one single thing...
  9. The Cursed Buzzing Noise

in Windows 10 Support
    The Cursed Buzzing Noise: I have just recently have done the new windows update to OS 16299.125 and now once again when streaming audio/video no matter what browser every so often close to 1-5 minutes there is a short buzz sound and continues playing. it is extremely annoying! The same issue happened...
  10. Random screen unresponsiveness, cursor lags and no audio issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Random screen unresponsiveness, cursor lags and no audio issue: Hello I am facing three different issues(not sure if related): 1) I recently started seeing these random freezes where screen becomes unresponsive to mouse clicks. But I am able to navigate via keyboard. No problem with the mouse itself. Happens with trackpad as well....