Windows 10: Random Lag

Discus and support Random Lag in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; 2 days ago, my computer just started running like 10x slower than before. Games run horrible, things open very slowly, bringing up taskbar is stuttery.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LandonNieuwsma, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Random Lag

2 days ago, my computer just started running like 10x slower than before. Games run horrible, things open very slowly, bringing up taskbar is stuttery. this has never happened to me before and I have always been able to run games fast until now. Need help.

Specs:

GTX 1070

i5 6600k

650 W PSU

Z170 A Motherboard

24 GB of RAM

:)

LandonNieuwsma, Sep 21, 2019
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Sep 21, 2019
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. Random Lag

random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

Random Lag

1. Random Lag - Similar Threads - Random Lag

2. Screen Flickering when CPU gets too high and games lag randomly not always at low cpu usage.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flickering when CPU gets too high and games lag randomly not always at low cpu usage.: It was fine until around December, I've had my PC for 2 years now without the issue. Games that I've usually played without lag started lagging or a SLIGHT framedrop only sometimes, not everytime. Then at high-ish CPU usage like around 50% it starts to flicker a bit, and as...
  3. Screen Flickering when CPU gets too high and games lag randomly not always at low cpu usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering when CPU gets too high and games lag randomly not always at low cpu usage.: It was fine until around December, I've had my PC for 2 years now without the issue. Games that I've usually played without lag started lagging or a SLIGHT framedrop only sometimes, not everytime. Then at high-ish CPU usage like around 50% it starts to flicker a bit, and as...
  4. Screen Flickering when CPU gets too high and games lag randomly not always at low cpu usage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I get lag spikes super randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get lag spikes super randomly: Every so often I've been getting lag spikes at like a consistent 1-5 FPS. They affect everything except for sound for some reason. The time between them varies greatly, from an hour to a couple of days, and they last for around 20 seconds.Specs:TUF Gaming B550-Plus Wi-fi 232...
  6. I get lag spikes super randomly

I get lag spikes super randomly: Every so often I've been getting lag spikes at like a consistent 1-5 FPS. They affect everything except for sound for some reason. The time between them varies greatly, from an hour to a couple of days, and they last for around 20 seconds.Specs:TUF Gaming B550-Plus Wi-fi 232...
  7. PC have random lag spikes and starts automatically after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC have random lag spikes and starts automatically after shutdown: Recently out of nowhere my windows 11 pc starts lagging out of nowhere , after several tries , it doesnt even let me log into windows and crashes and restarts. so I installed windows 10 and This problem seem to have solved but new problem arose , whole system lags randomly...
  8. PC have random lag spikes and starts automatically after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC have random lag spikes and starts automatically after shutdown: Recently out of nowhere my windows 11 pc starts lagging out of nowhere , after several tries , it doesnt even let me log into windows and crashes and restarts. so I installed windows 10 and This problem seem to have solved but new problem arose , whole system lags randomly...
  9. PC have random lag spikes and starts automatically after shutdown

10. Windows 11 random lag spikes slowing down my whole computer randomly.

Windows 11 random lag spikes slowing down my whole computer randomly.: I keep getting random lag spikes, I've diagnosed a few problems and solved them, but I keep getting more problems regarding lag spikes, one was with the Widgets application, so I uninstalled that entirely, and one with Intel's telemetry, so I disabled that service, but I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 random lag

2. windows 10 recent random lag