Windows 10: random lock screen after turning on windows 10 home

Discus and support random lock screen after turning on windows 10 home in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This happens every day when I turn on my windows 10 home edition, I log in but after a few seconds I get a lock screen and have to enter my pin but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mr2meows, Nov 18, 2018.

1. mr2meows Win User

random lock screen after turning on windows 10 home

This happens every day when I turn on my windows 10 home edition, I log in but after a few seconds I get a lock screen and have to enter my pin but it is not really a big problem. It is just annoying.

:)

mr2meows, Nov 18, 2018

2. Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

Hi Edward,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if lock screen feature is enabled on the computer.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• What is the edition of Windows 10 installed on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable the lock screen and check if it helps.

How to disable Lock screen on Windows 10 group policy:

If wanted to turn off lock screen pictures, then I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off lock screen pictures through group policy editor.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "gpedit.msc" without the quotes in the run box and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Then follow the path below:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization

4. Now on the right side, Double click that
    Do not display the lock screen
    option.

5. Set the option as Enabled.

6. Click on Apply and then click on
    Ok.

7. Close Group policy editor and restart your computer.

Note: The above steps is applicable to Windows 10 pro version.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with disabling lock screen on the computer, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 18, 2018
  4. random lock screen after turning on windows 10 home

No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "rolling slideshow ", what exactly are you referring to?
    • When you say that "I can't activate it again.", are you referring that you are not able to Activate Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

random lock screen after turning on windows 10 home

1. random lock screen after turning on windows 10 home - Similar Threads - random lock screen

2. Show lock screen information on home screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show lock screen information on home screen: I use two computers running Windows 10, a desktop computer and a laptop. On my desktop, the lock screen information also appears on the home screen, e.g., the "Like what you see?" question for the Spotlight picture and my calendar app entries. On my laptop, though, the home...
  3. Windows 10 Home. Missing Lock or Logon screen

Windows 10 Home. Missing Lock or Logon screen: I no longer have a logon on screen or a Lock option anywhere. I'm pretty sure this changed after the latest update. June 12, 2018—KB4284835 (OS Build 17134.112) When I start the computer I get logged in immediately, and I have no way of lock the computer. When me...
  4. Random Lock Screen Image

Random Lock Screen Image: Hello, I'm wondering if anyone knows of anyone who has made this program yet? Say I have 10 images that I really like, and every time I go to the Lock Screen in Windows 10, a random one of those ten images will be loaded as my Lock Screen image. I already have a...
  5. Windows 10 Home lock screen lack of notifcations

Windows 10 Home lock screen lack of notifcations: Its a Dell Venue Pro 8" version and the upgrade seems to have worked ok from Win8.1. Now in Windows 10 I am getting the new image on the lock screen BUT none of my apps appear as a notification. Whilst running Win8.1 it used to show my calendar, alarm setting and the number...
  6. Windows 10 random Black Screen after sign in

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 random Black Screen after sign in: Hello everyone. I have search though a few websites and I cannot find any solution to my problem. Anyway, what I think is that maybe my motherboard or hardware have problems. Before doing anything to the hardware, any advice or solutions that I can try? My black screen...
  7. My computer will randomly go to the lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer will randomly go to the lock screen: When I am using my computer, the screen will go black and then go to the lock screen, just like if I had locked it using the start menu. It happens even If I'm actively using my computer. All my power settings are set so that when my laptop is on the "hp recommended" power...
  8. Black Screen After Locking, Also With Random Explorer.exe Crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen After Locking, Also With Random Explorer.exe Crashes: Hi guys, I've searched for many months for solutions to my problems, but I find SIMILAR complaints, though none the same. So with the Fall Creator's Update (was it in October?), my explorer.exe would crash randomly. It would then not reopen. No keyboard shortcuts would...
  9. Turn On or Off Lock Screen Notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Lock Screen Notifications in Windows 10: Weird, I got a notification on the lock screen with this turned off. 31116
  10. Windows 10 locks up after it randomly zooms

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 locks up after it randomly zooms: My computer locks at random times (usually daily) soon after the icons on the desktop zoom approximately 200%. A hard restart is required as Windows 10 becomes totally unresponsive. The restart seems to resolve things (at least for a few more hours of use. This has been...