Windows 10: Random Locking of Laptop Unresolved

Discus and support Random Locking of Laptop Unresolved in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Support, My Windows 10 laptop keeps entering Sleep mode randomly. I found an article on your community forum, initiated by Elisa... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BrendanGibbs, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Random Locking of Laptop Unresolved

Dear Microsoft Support,

My Windows 10 laptop keeps entering Sleep mode randomly. I found an article on your community forum, initiated by Elisa Siofele-Ropati, who complained that her machine kept locking randomly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...randomly/0671b0d1-22d8-4ffd-b5ee-21a7137f269c.

I have attempted to follow the steps and methods of this article i.e. setting lock and sleep to "Never", performing a clean boot to troubleshoot programs, and checking the display adapters. The troubleshooting using a clean boot yielded no clues as to what program keeps putting my machine to sleep. As for checking the updates on my display adapters, there was an irregularity. May this be the underlying problem? Please could I ask for your assistance?

The first adapter, "IntelR HD Graphics", is working normally and has been updated. The second listed, "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter", has this status: "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. Code 31

The driver trying to start is not the same as the driver for the POSTed display adapter."

The Events of this adapter are as follow must've been a past user's doing: Device install requested > Device configured display.inf > Device installed display.inf_amd64_ec86a3713fa47689 > Device not started BasicDisplay

When I try to update its driver, it simply says: "The best drivers for your device are already installed."

Am I looking in the wrong place for the root of the problem? Please may I ask for your help, since it's very disruptive! :

Sincere thanks for your consideration.

Warm regards,

Brendan

:)

BrendanGibbs, Mar 20, 2020

2. Random laptop crashes in games.

thats alright bro, If it does turn out to be an overheating issue, I'll let you take all the credit for suggesting it

FreedomEclipse, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Random lock up, in DESPERATE need of help.

Lock ups can be caused by overheating, or sound failure.

Make sure you update your chipset drivers for audio. Also tell me step by step of how you install your heatsink.

Hybrid_theory, Mar 20, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

Random Locking of Laptop Unresolved

n-ster, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Random Locking of Laptop Unresolved

1. Random Locking of Laptop Unresolved - Similar Threads - Random Locking Laptop

2. Laptop randomly said locked and now not turning on?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop randomly said locked and now not turning on?: So i was just on my laptop when randomly the blue windows screen popped saying “locked” and then the screen went black. Now i cant turn on my laptop at all its unresponsive. There is a little lightbulb icon on the side of my laptop that lights up blue when i press the power...
  3. Laptop randomly said locked and now not turning on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop randomly said locked and now not turning on?: So i was just on my laptop when randomly the blue windows screen popped saying “locked” and then the screen went black. Now i cant turn on my laptop at all its unresponsive. There is a little lightbulb icon on the side of my laptop that lights up blue when i press the power...
  4. Help with an unresolved issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Help with an unresolved issue: I have previously made a post asking for help with an issue but it didn't fix my issue and responses stopped. The post is here, any more help would be greatly appreciated....
  5. Driver Issue unresolved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Issue unresolved: Connected yday with support. Case # 1039071376. Driver Issue unresolved. Tried multiple times power off. From Device Manager, deleted Driver as instructed. My task bar today notes that "AMD Driver Version and Software Do not match" ??How to resolve, please - Thank you...
  6. Driver Issue unresolved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver Issue unresolved: Connected yday with support. Case # 1039071376. Driver Issue unresolved. Tried multiple times power off. From Device Manager, deleted Driver as instructed. My task bar today notes that "AMD Driver Version and Software Do not match" ??How to resolve, please - Thank you...
  7. why my laptop is randomly locking

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    why my laptop is randomly locking: I did everything, i did a lot of settings to battery to everything, drivers are up to date, anything i dont know what to do, i just want to break my pc pls help...
  8. Unresolved persistent questions.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unresolved persistent questions.: I have 3 questions... 1 I am receiving persistent security notices that "unauthorized changes blocked,controlled folder access blocked, EEvent Manager.exe from making changes...how can I fix the problem? 2 I use an archiving program Scan Snap that uses the ABBYY PDF...
  9. Laptop locking randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop locking randomly: When I am using my computer, the screen will go blue with the word lock ... and then black just like if I had locked or sent it to sleep by using the start menu. It happens even If I'm actively using my computer. Als I have noticed my battery does recharge even tho it is...
  10. My laptop with a problem unresolved

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop with a problem unresolved: My laptop is runnig with a problem and is unresloved till date. Earlier i rasied a complaint with Service Request #: 1471666040, and i got some three differenet people online coming in to attened to the problem, when the issue was not resolved and i repeated kept on saying...