Windows 10: Random Lockouts

Discus and support Random Lockouts in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My daughters laptop keeps locking her out. It is using her Windows Live account and frequently decides the password is no longer valid. It is running... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MrsJWWJ, Nov 19, 2018.

1. MrsJWWJ Win User

Random Lockouts

My daughters laptop keeps locking her out. It is using her Windows Live account and frequently decides the password is no longer valid. It is running Windows 10. It is a standalone machine, not on any networks (except home Wifi). I have now reset it numerous times, changed it back to the original password but same happens again. The laptop is almost unusable because of this issue and the reset taking 20 minutes each time. The laptop is only 14 months old. Any help / guidance welcomed.

:)

MrsJWWJ, Nov 19, 2018
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Aleksey Win User

Random Lockouts

Account Lockout Policy is not working

Hello guys,

I have Windows 10 Enterprise build 10240 on my Dell Tablet (32 bit) and Oracle VM (32 bit). On both system, I tried to setup Account Lockout Policy in Local Security Policy. I have Account Lockout Threshold = 5, Lockout Duration and Reset Lockout Account Counter = 30 min. However, after locking my account or signing off, my account is not locked after 5 and more failed logon attempts. This feature worked correct on my Windows 8.1 system with the same account lockout settings.
    Does anyone experienced the same behavior? Any explanation or fix?

Thank you very much,

Aleksey, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Random Lockouts

1. Random Lockouts - Similar Threads - Random Lockouts

2. Crash dump debugger report - random restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crash dump debugger report - random restarts: Hello, I have recently been experiencing random restarts with no BSOD and no error codes, the problem is also associated with failed shutdown where the monitors would switch off but the computer itself remains on - RGB lights, case fans and GPU fans and would only switch off...
  3. Crash dump debugger report - random restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crash dump debugger report - random restarts: Hello, I have recently been experiencing random restarts with no BSOD and no error codes, the problem is also associated with failed shutdown where the monitors would switch off but the computer itself remains on - RGB lights, case fans and GPU fans and would only switch off...
  4. Laptop randomly restarts when left unnoticed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly restarts when left unnoticed: I'm facing an issue that is more than frustrating. When I leave my laptop unnoticed sometimes it just restarts randomly either plugged or unplugged to the charger. I just leave it on, the screen goes black as if it goes to rest mode and if I want to wake it up it doesn't...
  5. Laptop randomly restarts when left unnoticed

Laptop randomly restarts when left unnoticed: I'm facing an issue that is more than frustrating. When I leave my laptop unnoticed sometimes it just restarts randomly either plugged or unplugged to the charger. I just leave it on, the screen goes black as if it goes to rest mode and if I want to wake it up it doesn't...
  6. How to turn off caps lock popup windows 11 it randomly came

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off caps lock popup windows 11 it randomly came: I keep getting a caps lock popup windows 11 please help me turn off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-caps-lock-popup-windows-11-it/681fbeda-fbdd-427f-9aa7-0aa6471a2600
  7. How to turn off caps lock popup windows 11 it randomly came

How to turn off caps lock popup windows 11 it randomly came: I keep getting a caps lock popup windows 11 please help me turn off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-caps-lock-popup-windows-11-it/681fbeda-fbdd-427f-9aa7-0aa6471a2600
  8. Critical Error - random restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Error - random restarts: My NUC PC NUC12WSKv5 randomly restarts .All windows and drivers are updated.Event Viewer shows Criitical errors.My minidump files and error details can be found here:minidumpPlease can you help identify the culprit....
  9. Critical Error - random restarts

Critical Error - random restarts: My NUC PC NUC12WSKv5 randomly restarts .All windows and drivers are updated.Event Viewer shows Criitical errors.My minidump files and error details can be found here:minidumpPlease can you help identify the culprit....
  10. FIX: Random Freezes and Lockouts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    FIX: Random Freezes and Lockouts: Hello,My computer had been giving me a hard time with randomly freezing so that I had to almost always reboot the machine to get it going again only to freeze up yet again. I tried many recipes from all over the net, but to no avail whatsoever. In the beginning it was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. random windows 10 account lockouts