Windows 10: Random logons cause PC to freeze

Discus and support Random logons cause PC to freeze in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey everyone, My PC has been suffering from a lot of freezing lately. Every ~2 minutes the pc freezes for ~20 seconds, and as you can tell, it's VERy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LeonardoGualandris, May 3, 2019.

1. Random logons cause PC to freeze

Hey everyone,

My PC has been suffering from a lot of freezing lately. Every ~2 minutes the pc freezes for ~20 seconds, and as you can tell, it's VERy annoying to say the least. During a movie it can freeze up to 10 times (when playing games and watching stuff the PC doesn't have many problems, but when using software's i.e. Chrome and MS Word the worst happens).

I'm certain the cause of this are logon events, in the event viewer they are event 5379 (user account management), 4672 (special logon) and 4624 (logon).

Event 5379 is the absolute worst. It happens every ~30 minutes, but when it occurs other 70 of them follow in the next two seconds, causing a long and massive freeze. The other two happen at the same time.

Is there any way to solve this? I've always had freeze issues on this PC, but now they are worse than ever.

I don't really know what to do. During the writing of this question the PC froze 5 times.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: sfc/ scannow doesn't return any error.

:)

LeonardoGualandris, May 3, 2019

2. My PC freezes at random.

Hi. I've tried these troubleshooting steps aswell as many others I've found online. However I think my problem is caused by the Windows Update. Ever since the update from the 13th of November (which my PC refuses to install) I've been having these random
    freezes. If I can get my PC to update I'm sure my problem will be fixed but I have no clue on how to. I've tried alot of things to get my PC to update but none of them have worked. Any tips? Thanks in advance.

SixtenCellton, May 3, 2019
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Windows 10 random freeze

Hi,

Did you make any changes recently to the computer which may have led to random freeze?

Random hangs are often due to damage to the Windows configuration, faulty hardware, or malware. However, because this behavior is random, it can be especially difficult to identify the proper cause.

Random hangs can also be caused by other faulty hardware. Consult with your PC manufacturer to run available hardware diagnostics. This could include:

• PC diagnostics that test the integrity of the core PC devices, such as the processor fans and cooling system
    • Video and display diagnostics
    • Additional hard drive diagnostics

I would request you to perform SFC scan(if you have not tried it) and then check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to
    scan for corruptions in Windows system files
    and restore corrupted files.

To know about SFC and to perform a SFC Scan, please refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Please revert if you still face the random hang.

Thank you.

Jessen P, May 3, 2019
  4. TIGR Win User

Random logons cause PC to freeze

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

TIGR, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Random logons cause PC to freeze

1. Random logons cause PC to freeze - Similar Threads - Random logons cause

2. Pc freezes randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc freezes randomly: My PC freezes randomly. Keyboard mouse everything becomes irresponsive. I've checked all of my hardware, seems they're working perfectly fine. So I'm thinking about a bios update. As my current bios is 3 years old and the manufacturer is recommending a bios update in the...
  3. PC freezing randomly

PC freezing randomly: Ever since i got a new hard drive, my pc has been freezing randomly. It doesn't freeze when I'm gaming, but rather when I'm browsing the internet, or if i leave the pc idle for some time, and later come back. In that case it will freeze when i move the mouse. The freeze makes...
  4. PC freezing randomly!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing randomly!!: My monitor is freezing randomly and I'm forced to close it by holding the power button, I have changed ram and reinstalled windows.. IT'S STILL HAPPENING AND I DON'T KNOW WHY?? Does anyone know what's going on?I checked Event Viewer are these were the error...
  5. Pc BSOD or random freeze/rebooting with no real cause.

Pc BSOD or random freeze/rebooting with no real cause.: Hello there, I hope that someone can help me with this. It's been almost a year of random BSODs and random pc freezes and reboots. Sometimes I did not get any for a month and then I get multiple BSODs in one day as it has been doing lately. Before you ask I've tried...
  6. Pc BSOD or random freeze/rebooting with no real cause.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc BSOD or random freeze/rebooting with no real cause.: Hello there, I hope that someone can help me with this. It's been almost a year of random BSODs and random pc freezes and reboots. Sometimes I did not get any for a month and then I get multiple BSODs in one day as it has been doing lately. Before you ask I've tried...
  7. Pc BSOD or random freeze/rebooting with no real cause.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. PC randomly 'freezing'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC randomly 'freezing': audio will all of a sudden stop, the desktop freezes, i can use the start button but taskbar unresponsive, but i can't turn off using the shut down button bc it doesnt respond, it randomly happens and i dont know whats causing it, any suggestions? submitted by...
  9. PC freezes randomly.

PC freezes randomly.: PC freezes and have to hard restart. No BSOD. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-freezes-randomly/f9081dd4-e242-4bbe-90f6-8f82ca84b117
  10. PC Randomly Freezing

PC Randomly Freezing: Hello, here. I've posted on this forum before (a year ago or so?), when I seemed to be having a freeze/BSOD issue which at the time "we" fixed with updating the vBIOS of my GPU. My PC worked for about a year since that fix and I thought it was happily fixed, until my...