Windows 10: random mouse button clicks

Discus and support random mouse button clicks in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; random mouse button clicks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ebwolfie, Sep 14, 2018.

1. ebwolfie Win User

random mouse button clicks

:)

ebwolfie, Sep 14, 2018

2. Mouse right click is intermittent; what should I check?

Hi everyone,

I've been having a problem with my Razer Copperhead mouse. Holding down the right mouse button no longer sends a constant hold-click to my PC; instead it repeats an endless cycle of click and release, like the "turbo" buttons on old console controllers. Still, the mouse makes only one audible click, initially, when holding down the button. This problem manifests itself in shooter games (where holding right click usually looks down the scope) as the gun constantly zooming in and out. This only occurs with the right mouse button, not the left. I'm right handed, so it's weird that the left mouse button gets more wear than the right but it still works fine.

I initially thought this was an issue with the mouse being dirty, so I disassembled the mouse and cleaned everything inside and out, and this didn't fix the issue. I would like suggestions on how I can fix the mouse or if replacing it is the only option.

Thanks in advance.

The Von Matrices, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Click Twice to open links, hit buttons, close tabs

Hi Mary,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing single click option after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know if this issue confined only with the accessing website on browsers (Which browser)?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

This problem may occur for the following reasons:

• You are inadvertently double-clicking instead of single-clicking.
    • The mouse settings have been modified, either manually or by another program, to send a multiple-click command when you perform a single physical click.
    • The mouse drivers are corrupted.
    • The mouse hardware is defective.

Step 1: I suggest you to restore the mouse buttons to default and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Click Start, point to Settings, and then click
      Control Panel.
    • Double-click Mouse.
    • On the Buttons tab, click Restore Defaults. If the problem impacts only a specific program, click the
      Settings button, choose that program, and then click Restore Defaults.

Note: If Restore Defaults is not available, all your button assignments are already set to default mode.
    • Click OK.

If you are using external mouse, try the below.

Step 2: Test the mouse on another computer or test a different mouse on the computer To determine whether the mouse or the computer is defective, follow these steps:

• Test the mouse in question on a system that you know is working. If the problem appears to follow the mouse, you may have to return or replace the mouse.
    • Test a mouse that you know is working on the computer in question. If the problem appears to remain on the computer, then the problem is most likely software-related.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Sean8 Win User

Whats up with all these buttons on a mouse?

What do they do, what happened to the left click, right click, and scroll option? If someone could explain would be nice because I'm looking for a new mouse any suggestions

Sean8, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

1. random mouse button clicks - Similar Threads - random mouse button

2. Mouse click randomly acts like a Back button - EVERY mouse, EVERY browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse click randomly acts like a Back button - EVERY mouse, EVERY browser: Hi,I've searched for answers to this -- it seems like A LOT of people have experienced this over the course of 10+ years, but I haven't seen a fix beyond basic recommendations that do not work.Sometimes -- and frustratingly frequently -- when I click the left mouse button in...
  3. Mouse click randomly acts like a Back button - EVERY mouse, EVERY browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse click randomly acts like a Back button - EVERY mouse, EVERY browser: Hi,I've searched for answers to this -- it seems like A LOT of people have experienced this over the course of 10+ years, but I haven't seen a fix beyond basic recommendations that do not work.Sometimes -- and frustratingly frequently -- when I click the left mouse button in...
  4. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Middle mouse button click not working: Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same...
  5. Middle mouse button click not working

Middle mouse button click not working: Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same...
  6. Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.: Hi ,My mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying. I have changed mice still happens, so not a hardware issue.I have followed online tutorials about folder view, select double click option - system config stuff and reinstalling drivers but none of it has helped. I...
  7. Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.

Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.: Hi ,My mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying. I have changed mice still happens, so not a hardware issue.I have followed online tutorials about folder view, select double click option - system config stuff and reinstalling drivers but none of it has helped. I...
  8. Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Mouse clicks randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse clicks randomly: Last night and currently, my wireless mouse has been randomly clicking. It only really happens in Chrome. Tested with edge and a few games as well as desktop. Nothing seems to happen. But when I use chrome it just clicks randomly. I tried checking for viruses using defender...
  10. Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click: Hi there. I have a generic logitech mouse and since I moved to Windows 10, it's been behaving really weirdly. I am not sure if its the issue with the mouse or is it due to something on Windows 10. When I click on an icon on the desktop with a single click, it sometimes...