Windows 10: random mouse lag/keyboard lag and other issues.

Discus and support random mouse lag/keyboard lag and other issues. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So just very recently i've began to notice a few things that are annoying me that hadnt been an issue before. My mouse sometimes stops/lags for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by w10newbie, Dec 2, 2020.

1. w10newbie Win User

random mouse lag/keyboard lag and other issues.

So just very recently i've began to notice a few things that are annoying me that hadnt been an issue before.

My mouse sometimes stops/lags for a slight second almost like there is a bad spot on my mousepad that the infrared gets disrupted but this is not the case i get the same issue on all surfaces along with this my keyboard sometimes gets a delay when i start typing.

When using my browser and scrolling same thing happens it will lag/stutter when scrolling for random moments.

To add to this My wireless jabra headphones that connect to their own USB dongle are occasionaly cutting out/crackling randomly for a few seconds.

All these things happen very randomly and only last a few seconds before resuming like normal... this issue wasnt present until recently unfortunately i cant remember specifically when it began to happen to think back if anything has changed.

From what i can remember at some point in the last few weeks i had downloaded Driverbooster and it recommended a few drivers needed updated which i did and when all my drivers were updated i uninstalled the program as I hate keeping application on my system I have no intentions of using anytime in the future.

But now it would have been handy to keep installed to view previously installed updates and roll back incase it was the updates that caused the issue but with the uninstall there is no way to remember or access this information.

Lastly my Computer has zero restore points to roll back to as i noticed system restore was disabled so i cant even just roll back to a month or so ago to see if this could fix the issue.

Any idea how i could go about finding the culprit or if anything sticks out about the above behaviours.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

forgot to mention can rule out any virus/malware/rootkits etc... did scans for all using PAnda antivirus/malware bytes/ malware bytes rootkit scanner and other second opinion programs.

:)

w10newbie, Dec 2, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Dec 2, 2020
  3. tonyg0902 Win User
    mouse lag gone but keyboard lag remains

I recently upgraded to an Acer Spin 7 from an Asus T100TA (Windows 10). The whole reason I decided to upgrade was the mouse and keyboard lag I was getting on the Asus. I figured it was b/c of its age (2 gb ram & 49gb hard drive near full capacity). But now I have a brand new laptop with 8gb ram and I'm experiencing similar issues. I have the Logitech K330 wireless keyboard and had been using a Logitech M510 (it just took me about 74 seconds to type 510). I tried the recommended solutions but none helped. Until I tried a new mouse, the Logitech M215, which came with the keyboard. So the mouse lag is gone, but the keyboard lag is worse. I've updated the Logitech drivers as well. I am also connected to a Startech.com USB hub to connect multiple monitors and the Logitech usb unifying receiver for the mouse/keyboard. I registered to follow the thread.

tonyg0902, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Srox Win User

Keyboard and mouse lag issues

Ive just recently bought a new Acer PC with Windows 10 to replace a really slow Apple iMac.

Worked fine for first few weeks and now i have severe keyboard and mouse lag. I have replaced the mouse 3 times and the keyboard twice and the issue remains to the point that the PC is unusable and i am back to using the now faster Mac.

I have looked at the forums and have tried a number of the suggestions but it is almost impossible to do this when the mouse and keyboard will only intermittently work.

Could anyone please offer any further advice?

Thanks in advance

Srox, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

1. random mouse lag/keyboard lag and other issues. - Similar Threads - random mouse lag

2. Lagging mouse and keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lagging mouse and keyboard.: Hello I have an Intel NUC-7i5NBH pc and I am using logitech MK235 Wireless Mouse and Keyboard combo on its USB port. But I am facing lagg in both mouse and keyboard. Example :- If I play any game , my keyboard's keystrokes are recieved after a delay or if I am typing it just...
  3. Lagging mouse and keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lagging mouse and keyboard.: Hello I have an Intel NUC-7i5NBH pc and I am using logitech MK235 Wireless Mouse and Keyboard combo on its USB port. But I am facing lagg in both mouse and keyboard. Example :- If I play any game , my keyboard's keystrokes are recieved after a delay or if I am typing it just...
  4. Lagging mouse and keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard and mouse lag issues

Keyboard and mouse lag issues: Ive just recently bought a new Acer PC with Windows 10 to replace a really slow Apple iMac. Worked fine for first few weeks and now i have severe keyboard and mouse lag. I have replaced the mouse 3 times and the keyboard twice and the issue remains to the point that the PC...
  6. Keyboard and mouse lags

Keyboard and mouse lags: This is not a new problem. Searching finds plenty of posts about it but most that I have found relate to earlier versions of Windows. I am using the latest version of Windows 10 on a high powered machine form Chillblast. Problem - Mouse movements inconsistent - can be...
  7. Keyboard and mouse lags

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keyboard and mouse lags: This is not a new problem. Searching finds plenty of posts about it but most that I have found relate to earlier versions of Windows. I am using the latest version of Windows 10 on a high powered machine form Chillblast. Problem - Mouse movements inconsistent - can be...
  8. Keyboard and mouse lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and mouse lag: Went thru hardware updates, clean boot, etc MS states all drivers are up to date. Brand new Logitech mouse and keyboard with brand new batteries. And yet MS will blame everyone and everything else prior to admitting it might be windows 10 underperforming....
  9. Mouse/Keyboard lag

Mouse/Keyboard lag: Hi all, I am new to the forums so please cut me some slack if this questions does not belong in this thread... Anyway, I have been having some really bad lag on my mouse and keyboard. When I try to move the mouse, it's almost like there is some intense loading or...
  10. lagging of mouse and other issues

in Windows 10 Support
    lagging of mouse and other issues: since my win 10 upgrade I have been plagued with problems ,one of which is that my mouse pointer ,especially when I am typing something will turn into the (working) spinning circle and multi gesture stops working until I move the mouse and it reverts back to normal. secondly...