Windows 10: Random new user

Discus and support Random new user in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I started my pc and all of a sudden there is a new user on my pc I did not create... Also, this user is logged in and his/her name is "New User"...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gameplayforlife, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Random new user

So I started my pc and all of a sudden there is a new user on my pc I did not create... Also, this user is logged in and his/her name is "New User"... I don't understand how it came here, o yeah you have to be on an account to make a new user...

submitted by /u/Gameplayforlife
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Gameplayforlife, Sep 25, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Random new user

New Account/User Issues

Hi,

When you create a new user account, Windows uses the Default user profile as a template to construct the files for the newly created user account. You might be experiencing issues creating new accounts due to a corrupt Default profile. To
    resolve the issue, we suggest reinstating the Default folder in the
    Users directory by following these steps:

• Open the C:\Users folder using Windows Explorer.
    • Rename the Default user profile folder to Default.OLD.
    • Download a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem.
    • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users.
    • Try logging in to the new user account and check if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Random new user

1. Random new user - Similar Threads - Random user

2. Help! I i randomized my C:\User folders names, how to revert?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help! I i randomized my C:\User folders names, how to revert?: So i had to randomize some files names in one specific folder using Power Shell, but i did it on my user directory by accident, so my Downloads, Documents, Videos etc. user folders are some random letters now, and i can't access them using Explorer's shortcuts on left...
  3. Help! I i randomized my C:\User folders names, how to revert?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! I i randomized my C:\User folders names, how to revert?: So i had to randomize some files names in one specific folder using Power Shell, but i did it on my user directory by accident, so my Downloads, Documents, Videos etc. user folders are some random letters now, and i can't access them using Explorer's shortcuts on left...
  4. Help! I i randomized my C:\User folders names, how to revert?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. three random user profiles showed up on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    three random user profiles showed up on my desktop: Title. All of them were named DESKTOP/string of numbers and had nothing in them besides the base stuff like when you first make a profile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/three-random-user-profiles-showed-up-on-my-desktop/1ec0d92d-f651-4692-aebd-c0dced4bf2a3
  6. three random user profiles showed up on my desktop

three random user profiles showed up on my desktop: Title. All of them were named DESKTOP/string of numbers and had nothing in them besides the base stuff like when you first make a profile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/three-random-user-profiles-showed-up-on-my-desktop/1ec0d92d-f651-4692-aebd-c0dced4bf2a3
  7. Found random characters in 3 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Found random characters in 3 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...: I am confused why these 3 accounts are here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/found-random-characters-in-3-unknown-users-account/43111b5c-0c0e-48d0-aca6-5890d8eae30a
  8. Found random characters in 3 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...

Found random characters in 3 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...: I am confused why these 3 accounts are here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/found-random-characters-in-3-unknown-users-account/43111b5c-0c0e-48d0-aca6-5890d8eae30a
  9. Found random characters in 2 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Found random characters in 2 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...: I am confused why these accounts are here and what the foreign language is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/found-random-characters-in-2-unknown-users-account/43111b5c-0c0e-48d0-aca6-5890d8eae30a
  10. Found random characters in 2 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...

Found random characters in 2 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...: I am confused why these accounts are here and what the foreign language is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/found-random-characters-in-2-unknown-users-account/43111b5c-0c0e-48d0-aca6-5890d8eae30a