Windows 10: Random No boot

Discus and support Random No boot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently cloned my os from a hybrid hard drive to an SSD. I used macrium reflect, which I learned was a bad idea as soon after winload.exe failed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gettheclicker, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Random No boot

I recently cloned my os from a hybrid hard drive to an SSD. I used macrium reflect, which I learned was a bad idea as soon after winload.exe failed.

After a night repairing the problem a new one has arose. If I restart or power back on after a night of sleep my rig will power on but the fans seem to have barely enough power to spin. There's no loading screen, not a single thing indicating the pc is on other than the lights inside.

Holding the power off then pressing ON again everything is fine.

MSI 970A-G46
    EVGA1000GQ psu
    Windows 10 pro
    Samsung 860 EVO 500g

:)

gettheclicker, Mar 10, 2019
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Mar 10, 2019
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. 2BearArmy Win User

Random No boot

Random Disappearing/Reappearing SSD on Boot

Config:

ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen 3
    OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G 480GB SSD
    Corsair 850W PSU
    2x HD 6950 GPU's

My desktop has a 480GB SSD main drive (OS and games), and two secondary HDD's for media storage.

I have had no issues with this SSD, until I tried to add a second video card to my system, and subsequently had to remove it. After a couple re-installs and finally getting the Crossfire to work, I am still in this broken state.

Symptom:

If I put my computer to sleep, restart, power down, it is a complete gamble as to whether or not the system will see the boot drive. What is consistent, is that after a seemingly random interval, it will eventually see the drive and boot straight to windows.

Troubleshooting Steps:

• Reset Bios
    • Removed all other options for bootable devices
    • Re-installed Windows
    • Updated all OS drivers
    • Updated firmware for both the MoBo bios and the SSD.
    • Replaced all SATA cables
    • Moved to another SATA controller port
    • Switched power cables
    • SSDLife came back saying the drive is healthy
    I am literally out of ideas at this point, and the issue is extremely annoying. Sometimes my boot times are 30 seconds (if it sees the drive) sometimes it's 20 minutes (constant reboots until it sees the drive).

Anyone have any other ideas, or have seen this before?

2BearArmy, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Random No boot

1. Random No boot - Similar Threads - Random boot

2. Boot error randomly when turning on computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot error randomly when turning on computer: Tried to turn on my computer and it returned 0xc000000f, it had turned off while I was reading up on the error and returned 0xc000000d. Not entirely sure what the next step to take is...
  3. Boot error randomly when turning on computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot error randomly when turning on computer: Tried to turn on my computer and it returned 0xc000000f, it had turned off while I was reading up on the error and returned 0xc000000d. Not entirely sure what the next step to take is...
  4. PC randomly reboot shortly after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly reboot shortly after boot: Hi, I'm having some trouble with my custom-built Windows 11 PC. For the past few months, I've been experiencing random bugs that cause my PC to reboot shortly after booting up. It doesn't happen all the time, but it's quite annoying.Unfortunately, I haven't been able to...
  5. PC randomly reboot shortly after boot

PC randomly reboot shortly after boot: Hi, I'm having some trouble with my custom-built Windows 11 PC. For the past few months, I've been experiencing random bugs that cause my PC to reboot shortly after booting up. It doesn't happen all the time, but it's quite annoying.Unfortunately, I haven't been able to...
  6. My Laptop Randomly restart or blue screen and stuuck on bio because no boot priority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop Randomly restart or blue screen and stuuck on bio because no boot priority: so in my case my laptop randomly blue screen and restar and stuck on bios because no boot priority on it, but the 2 of my ssd storage is detected and fine, but the boot priority gone . i randomly get this issue like 2 month and i fix with spaming Save&ExitF10 when stuck on...
  7. My Laptop Randomly restart or blue screen and stuuck on bio because no boot priority

My Laptop Randomly restart or blue screen and stuuck on bio because no boot priority: so in my case my laptop randomly blue screen and restar and stuck on bios because no boot priority on it, but the 2 of my ssd storage is detected and fine, but the boot priority gone . i randomly get this issue like 2 month and i fix with spaming Save&ExitF10 when stuck on...
  8. Pc fans running at 100 percent and black screen randomly even while booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc fans running at 100 percent and black screen randomly even while booting: My pc keaps on doing this can s ome one help I'm on windows 10 and I got the gtx 1050 ti https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-fans-running-at-100-percent-and-black-screen/381ee31d-5499-4672-9e31-517a7efa3c03
  9. Pc fans running at 100 percent and black screen randomly even while booting

Pc fans running at 100 percent and black screen randomly even while booting: My pc keaps on doing this can s ome one help I'm on windows 10 and I got the gtx 1050 ti https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-fans-running-at-100-percent-and-black-screen/381ee31d-5499-4672-9e31-517a7efa3c03
  10. Pc fans running at 100 percent and black screen randomly even while booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging