Windows 10: Random noise happening periodically on school distributed computer

Discus and support Random noise happening periodically on school distributed computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If this were my personal computer, I wouldn't have asked about this but I'm using a computer distributed by the school, and I'm worried I may have done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by little timmy, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Random noise happening periodically on school distributed computer

If this were my personal computer, I wouldn't have asked about this but I'm using a computer distributed by the school, and I'm worried I may have done something to the computer. Randomly during the day, a noise will happen that sounds like when you try to use an Alt command in like Zoom and some other programs, but with a slightly different pitch and length (I believe, it would be very hard to compare them side by side though since I can never tell when it's about to happen). Also, it is definitely a digital sound and is coming through the speakers; I know this because I wear headphones and can still hear it very clearly if it happens while my headphones are on. I probably wasn't very descriptive, so definitely ask questions if I wasn't very clear and also please be clear yourself as I am a newbie to computers and probably won't know anything you're talking about if you talk about it in smart people terms.

:)

little timmy, Nov 18, 2020
  2. oKaelynn Win User

Random Noise

My computer has been making a random noise since I first got it (yesterday). I found the noise and turned it off, but it is still making the noise. It's really annoying when I'm trying to do things that require my focus. How can I fix this?

oKaelynn, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Computer makes noises

I'm a Windows 10 user. Today I just turned on my computer and when I turned it on, it starts making noises. It wont turn on as I said, just will just make random noises. Anyone have a solution to this? Please and thank you.

--------------------EDIT--------------------

I realized that it fixes all by itself, but it takes too long and it happens each time I turn on my computer.

Guidelines, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Random noise happening periodically on school distributed computer

Software to separate noise from the human voice or song

For audio, you could try Audacity. You can select a sample period where there is just the noise you want to remove, then filter that from the audio.

Noise Reduction - Audacity Manual

Thema:

Random noise happening periodically on school distributed computer

1. Random noise happening periodically on school distributed computer - Similar Threads - Random noise happening

2. Periodic random micro freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Periodic random micro freezes: Hi, I've been having a problem for a while now with my computer where it hangs for about a second at random intervals-- about once every two or three minutes. Everything displayed on the monitor freezes and any audio that's playing grinds horribly for the duration of the...
  3. School computers shut down

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    School computers shut down: Our school lost their IT department employee and the separation was not friendly. We have no way of retrieving the Administrator password set on over 100 computers on campus. Unfortunately they are windows 10. With Win 7 I could simply use a method to access cmd prompt and...
  4. Mouse randomly cutting out periodically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse randomly cutting out periodically: I have been having an issue with all my mice recently that started at the same time about a week ago. They all keep freezing randomly and jumping to where the cursor should have been before it froze. It seems to happen randomly every 1-3 minutes but when it does start...
  5. This keeps happening on my computer seemingly randomly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This keeps happening on my computer seemingly randomly.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/WingedSeven [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h132fd/this_keeps_happening_on_my_computer_seemingly/
  6. Computer randomly restarts, no indication when it's about to happen

Computer randomly restarts, no indication when it's about to happen: My computer randomly restarts when playing games with no indication that its about to happen. There's no lag, no notifications, no blue screens, it literally just turns off the turns back on. It recently started doing this about a month ago and I am not completely sure what...
  7. Computer making random 8 bit noises.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer making random 8 bit noises.: So my Windows 10 computer is making very random noises and sounds. They sound like a bunch of 8 bit video game samples and they keep going off randomly. Some days they don't go off at all, today they go off every few seconds. Have no idea what may be causing this. Anyone else...
  8. Multiple BSOD's happening randomly on new computer AMDRyzenMasterDriv

Multiple BSOD's happening randomly on new computer AMDRyzenMasterDriv: Hello, Since I've built my PC 7 months ago I've been getting crashes and BSOD's every 4-5 days while browsing or playing games. Codes include IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL , DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL , SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED , CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION ,...
  9. Computer randomly freezing with loud buzzing noise

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer randomly freezing with loud buzzing noise: First post here, and hoping to get some help. For about a month or so now, my computer would randomly freeze with a loud buzzing noise coming from my speakers. It seems like it usually happens when I have Chrome up and watching either Twitch or YouTube. The only other thing...
  10. Computer is hard locking distributed COM issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer is hard locking distributed COM issues: I am running Windows 10 64bit PRO I installed a softphone and skype and it keeps hardlocking my PC, I did everything from update drivers to even reformat fresh install and it still hardlocks , here is the info I get out of the event viewer I am including the friendly and xml...