Windows 10: Random notifications and other sounds while in sleep mode?

Discus and support Random notifications and other sounds while in sleep mode? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I woke up today to my computer making a notification sound, but not from my headphones (which were plugged in). the sound came from the actual speakers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Squiddytick, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Random notifications and other sounds while in sleep mode?

I woke up today to my computer making a notification sound, but not from my headphones (which were plugged in). the sound came from the actual speakers of the PC itself. I awaken it from sleep mode and i hear a sound that sounded familiar but i haven't heard before, almost like a disconnect/lost connection sound? This also came from my PC itself. Once my PC tuned on, i checked my notifications to see i had none, so i don't know where the notification sound came from. I scanned my computer with Malwarebytes but it found nothing. I've always been a little paranoid about hackers/viruses that have access to my computer while it's asleep, but maybe that's just anxiety. Either way, I don't know why that happened (It's never happened before). All I really need is an explanation. All help is greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/Squiddytick
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Squiddytick, Jun 25, 2020

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Jun 25, 2020
  3. troutusa Win User
    Turning off sound notifications when PC is in sleep mode

My desktop is in sleep mode but I keep hearing audio sounds that typically accompany notifications when the PC is active. I can not find a setting to silence the PC while it is sleeping. Clearly something that I should be able to control.

troutusa, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Random notifications and other sounds while in sleep mode?

Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Random notifications and other sounds while in sleep mode?

1. Random notifications and other sounds while in sleep mode? - Similar Threads - Random notifications sounds

2. Random Beeps while in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Beeps while in sleep mode: Dell InspirionWindows 11When my PC goes into sleep mode it begins to sound alerts at varying intervals. Sounds like hardware remove and add sounds.I have tried all the fixes I could find on the internet to no avail. My only work around is to mute my PC before I know I won't...
  3. Random Beeps while in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Beeps while in sleep mode: Dell InspirionWindows 11When my PC goes into sleep mode it begins to sound alerts at varying intervals. Sounds like hardware remove and add sounds.I have tried all the fixes I could find on the internet to no avail. My only work around is to mute my PC before I know I won't...
  4. Random Notification Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Notification Sound: I've been getting this random notification sound from yesterday. Did some research found out it was due to some devices but in my case it is not. Someone told me to mute windows notifications, I did but still, get to hear this sound in my headset or speakers in different time...
  5. Random Notification Sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Notification Sound: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GoldMarksman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jn7wys/random_notification_sound/
  6. Windows notification noise while PC is in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows notification noise while PC is in sleep mode: Within a few minutes of entering sleep mode, my PC begins making audible sounds used my windows for various notifications. It sounds like hardware is being added and removed over and over the entire time the PC is in sleep mode. The sounds are not continuous, as there are...
  7. Turning off sound notifications when PC is in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turning off sound notifications when PC is in sleep mode: My desktop is in sleep mode but I keep hearing audio sounds that typically accompany notifications when the PC is active. I can not find a setting to silence the PC while it is sleeping. Clearly something that I should be able to control....
  8. Laptop randomly plays sound while shut and in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop randomly plays sound while shut and in sleep mode: This has been bugging me for a while. Sometimes my Toshiba portege laptop just plays sound while it's shut and in sleep mode. It's like the laptop starts up and logs on while in sleep mode, even my Bluetooth headset connected to the pc although it was supposed to be in sleep...
  9. Notifications sounds heard although PC is in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications sounds heard although PC is in sleep mode: My new Windows 10 laptop keeps making notification sounds even after I have put it in sleep mode. How can that be? I don't want Windows wake me up in the middle of the night....
  10. Laptop randomly hangs while in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop randomly hangs while in sleep mode: I leave my laptop on (plugged in) all the time. Periodically I will come into my office in the morning and the laptop will be hung. Not responsive to anything, have to hold the power button to kill it. This has happened randomly, maybe once every week or two, basically since...