Windows 10: Random NTFS.sys crashes on boot

Discus and support Random NTFS.sys crashes on boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello,my PC randomly won't finish booting, stating the NTFS.sys as reason.Boot driveM.2 Samsung 960 Evo 1TB GPT table for UEFI Bios2nd driveM.2 Patriot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Daskard, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Daskard Win User

Random NTFS.sys crashes on boot

Hello,my PC randomly won't finish booting, stating the NTFS.sys as reason.Boot driveM.2 Samsung 960 Evo 1TB GPT table for UEFI Bios2nd driveM.2 Patriot Viper VP4100 2TB3rd driveSATA Samsung 870 Evo 4TBRamG.Skill F4-3600C16Q-32GTZKK XMP profileCPU5800XMainboardGigabyte X570 Aorus Pro BIOS F34 - current oneThe memory is confirmed by Gigabyte to be compatible.These are the minidumps I have in C:\WIndows\Minidumphttps://www.magentacloud.de/lnk/UaCFiLX2#fileSince my CPU and GPU are in one custom watercooling loop with 2x 360 radiators, I put the CPU on Eco mode in AMD Ryzen Master - until I f

:)

Daskard, Jul 31, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 31, 2021
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. vinsterX Win User

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

1. Random NTFS.sys crashes on boot - Similar Threads - Random NTFS sys

2. Computer randomly crashed and refused to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly crashed and refused to boot: My comp was booting and I opened chrome with 35 tabs open and a video started playing, only for my comp to freeze and a loud noise started coming from the tower. I hit alt+f4 to close chrome, but it caused it to force restart itself. It brought me to the bios and said failure...
  3. Computer randomly crashed and refused to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer randomly crashed and refused to boot: My comp was booting and I opened chrome with 35 tabs open and a video started playing, only for my comp to freeze and a loud noise started coming from the tower. I hit alt+f4 to close chrome, but it caused it to force restart itself. It brought me to the bios and said failure...
  4. Computer randomly crashed and refused to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. NTFS Win10 booting SSD became RAW after crash

NTFS Win10 booting SSD became RAW after crash: I was switching tabs on Firefox when everything froze. I got the BSoD and it restarted. BIOS popped up asking if I what settings to use enter setup or use previous. After use previous didn't work, I went into Bios and set to the correct settings. But when it would boot, the...
  6. Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure: Split from this thread. hi, i just started having this issue yesterday after i got a new modem on tuesday and put in the new password for modem/ router... ATaT device... followed the stems on the forum gladly the blue screen has the error indicated... any way i seem to...
  7. Ntfs file sys error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ntfs file sys error: I got a ntfs file sys error i tried every method online and nothing fixes it i cant even boot into safe mode can someone help me pls submitted by /u/gurso21 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ef60jw/ntfs_file_sys_error/
  8. Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure: My ASUS laptop downloaded and installed the latest Windows 10 updates (on August 31) after which my laptop crashes within 5-10 minutes of use. The stop code error message I get is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. What failed: Netwtw06.sys. I collected my system information and...
  9. Crash/Freeze Seems Random after adding a second USB external NTFS HDD

Crash/Freeze Seems Random after adding a second USB external NTFS HDD: I recently added a USB WD MyBook external HDD. Also have a USB My Passport HDD. A few days after adding the MyBook, and every few days after that I am getting system freeze, where the mouse and keyboard (also USB wireless) stop responding. Only way is to power off/on to get...
  10. Random BSODs caused by cm11264.sys.

Random BSODs caused by cm11264.sys.: Hi, i recently started having issues with my computer crashing. I will provide the dump files. I've looked up what cm11264.sys was connected to and it was my pair of Sennheiser 363d. I have since then tried multiple driver versions, and now have switched to a different port....