Windows 10: Random Number and Letter Files

Discus and support Random Number and Letter Files in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, in my Windows 10 PC keeps appearing random files. I delete them then they reappear, I downloaded some anti-virus programs and hard drive... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SD_Shadi_, Jun 13, 2021.

1. SD_Shadi_ Win User

Random Number and Letter Files

Hello, in my Windows 10 PC keeps appearing random files. I delete them then they reappear, I downloaded some anti-virus programs and hard drive cleaning software, but it doesn't work, I need help. These are the files :Most of are empty and have appeared recently.Thank you, from Shadi,

:)

SD_Shadi_, Jun 13, 2021

2. can not backup long files named with random numbers and letters

why does my backup exclude the long files made up of random numbers and letters? What are they?

I did not create them.

ARLENE JOHNSTON, Jun 13, 2021
  3. mccoady Win User
    Outlook Email Random Letters & Numbers

I put Office 365 on my mother's computer under my 365 Home license. She's using outlook.com as her email and Outlook as her email client on her computer. Outlook wasn't syncing her email I think due to Microsoft switching to Exchange and deleting the account and starting over was supposed to be the fix.

Anyway I deleted her account but didn't pay attention to the warning I needed to back something up... maybe not smart. I created a new profile entering her name Pat C and email I'll call L: [email protected].

Her new profile syncs plus sends and receives email just fine... but something's weird going on. Inside of Outlook it lists her email address as gobbledygook it's something like outlook.37ej39.07d.outlook.com instead of L: [email protected]. I've already deleted the profile but I believe the profile itself listed it as L: [email protected] but if you looked at the Properties of the account it listed it as outlook.37ej39.07d.outlook.com. The gobbledygook numbers & letters aren't exactly as they were listed but you get the picture.

I tried creating new Profiles plus doing an Office Repair but I always get the same random number & letters for her email. Nor do I ever see this gobbledygook during the setup process... only after it's finished.

Anyway to fix her email when using Outlook... her email is fine outside of Outlook?

mccoady, Jun 13, 2021
  4. moskal91 Win User

NumLock Turns Letters Into Numbers on Desktop Computer

I had the same problem, it seems that it happens only with several keyboards.
    Finally I solved it this way (sorry, but I've got Polish language set):

Now find something like "Standard keyboard device" on the drivers list, install it (click Yes in the compatibility warning window) and check if keyboard is still working.

If so - reboot Your computer and enjoy fixed keyboard without letters turning into numbers.

If not - revert driver back and try another one.

moskal91, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Random Number and Letter Files - Similar Threads - Random Number Letter

2. Files with random strings of letters and numbers.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files with random strings of letters and numbers.: I don't know what Data Base Files do, but I just want confirmation on whether or not these files are safe. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-with-random-strings-of-letters-and-numbers/3f456c01-dfa6-4e67-bddf-6e3fd21df0ca
  3. Keyboard typing random letters and numbers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard typing random letters and numbers: Accidentally pressed something on my keyboard and now it types random letters and numbers whenever you press certain keys.Also on my lock screen so I can’t get to device manager from my keyboard Because I can’t type in my password. Please help...
  4. My computer keys type random numbers and letters.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer keys type random numbers and letters.: This has been happening for a while. when I type the p key it types qerw- and clicks enter, when I type the 0key it types 0613428 when I type *it types *3zcv, shift and question mark pressed at the same time scrolls my page all the way down without shift it types...
  5. Random numbered and lettered files appearing in my D drive programfiles (86x) folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random numbered and lettered files appearing in my D drive programfiles (86x) folder: (look at photos provided) I have randomly been getting these as far back as 2020 never been able to figure out what it is just thought it was part of windows. I checked back recently and I find that its been making these files non stop almost every 10 mins of the day and now...
  6. Random letters than the desired number.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random letters than the desired number.: awhile ago I opened up the laptop to play some games and browse something. I realized something went wrong the moment I start pressing the keys at my keyboard, instead of numbers it responded with letters some even had 3 letters per one number. I tried all of the possible...
  7. can not backup long files named with random numbers and letters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can not backup long files named with random numbers and letters: why does my backup exclude the long files made up of random numbers and letters? What are they? I did not create them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-backup-long-files-named-with-random/14fc2dfa-76b4-46b4-bc65-837bd1d5a79a
  8. Duplicate services with random numbers and letters appended to them.

Duplicate services with random numbers and letters appended to them.: Hey guys could use some help here. Ive been recently going through services and noticed that there two or three of the same except theres random number appended to to one of them. Like this.... LxssManagerUser LxssManagerUser_11472rd LxssManagerUser_efahej AarcSvc...
  9. Folder names in programs folder changed to random letters and numbers

Folder names in programs folder changed to random letters and numbers: Some program folders and shortcuts for various apps have been renamed. The original file names for the .exe files are all intact. I can still use windows search to look up "Microsoft Word," for example, but then the result "$R4EBKO7" comes up with the Microsoft Word icon...
  10. Outlook Email Random Letters & Numbers

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Email Random Letters & Numbers: I put Office 365 on my mother's computer under my 365 Home license. She's using outlook.com as her email and Outlook as her email client on her computer. Outlook wasn't syncing her email I think due to Microsoft switching to Exchange and deleting the account and starting over...