Windows 10: Random numbers appear in text I have a surface pro cover

Discus and support Random numbers appear in text I have a surface pro cover in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; whe8n dypi8ng When typing the foregoing happens. I have installed keyboard driver update and trouble shoot says functioning ok. I am using the touch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nancycoyne, May 22, 2019.

1. Random numbers appear in text I have a surface pro cover

whe8n dypi8ng When typing the foregoing happens. I have installed keyboard driver update and trouble shoot says functioning ok. I am using the touch keyboard tablet mode, tx

:)

nancycoyne, May 22, 2019

2. surface pro 2 power cover

I also forgot to mention that after the uninstall and reinstall of the drivers that my type 2 cover now appears as an HID keyboard. Before that it was recognized and listed as a Surface Type Cover.

Karina Hess, May 22, 2019
  3. Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Anniversary Update

Holy hell this worked for me! Can't say how may different "fixes" I tried for this and was just short of sending my Surface Pro 4 off for repair but this worked. No Surface Type Covers (With or without fingerprint scanner) worked but now all Touch Covers are working again.

I wasn't quite ready to give up the Pro 4, so now I get to keep it a little while longer.

Thank you!

almighty1977, May 22, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Random numbers appear in text I have a surface pro cover

New Surface Pro 4 Firmware Updates - Sept. 14th 2017

Source: Surface Pro 4 update history - Microsoft Support

Brink, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Random numbers appear in text I have a surface pro cover

1. Random numbers appear in text I have a surface pro cover - Similar Threads - Random numbers appear

2. Surface Pro 8 - Type Cover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 8 - Type Cover: Is the Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11 compatible with the Type Cover I have for my Surface Pro 4? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-8-type-cover/bf683ef6-108f-40bb-b7f6-cdb5901a8500
  3. Surface Pro 8 - Type Cover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 8 - Type Cover: Is the Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11 compatible with the Type Cover I have for my Surface Pro 4? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-8-type-cover/bf683ef6-108f-40bb-b7f6-cdb5901a8500
  4. type cover touch pad for surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    type cover touch pad for surface pro 7: On my type cover touchpad I cannot highlight text or use the scrollbar, but I can do everything else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-cover-touch-pad-for-surface-pro-7/69258629-ddd5-4458-8e9e-e621b2a1ad5f
  5. what surface I have? the number is: 016819351453

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what surface I have? the number is: 016819351453: what surface I have? the number is: 016819351453 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-surface-i-have-the-number-is-016819351453/506251b1-e9cd-43fa-86de-f292e91e9cf4
  6. Surface Pro 3 missing type cover drivers

Surface Pro 3 missing type cover drivers: My surface pro 3 has missing type cover drivers, i tried downloading the surface firmware according to my windows build but to no avail. The type cover works on my friends surface pro 3 but not mine. Ive tried hard resets, soft resets and ive even tried reinstalling windows...
  7. surface pro 2 power cover

surface pro 2 power cover: hi. I am having an issue with my type covers. I have one that is just a type cover and one that is a power cover. when I connect my type cover, it is recognized and I am able to use it. however, I connected my power cover today just so I can charge it together with my surface...
  8. Surface Pro 3 Type Cover issue

Surface Pro 3 Type Cover issue: I wiped the hard drive the typecover keyboard only lights up when I have almost no Ipower in the battery,as soon as I try to recharge the battery it goes black. I cannot remember the password,I have even tried the password for other things.I am beginning to think I am...
  9. Surface 3 Pro Type Cover issue

Surface 3 Pro Type Cover issue: I wiped the hard drive the typecover keyboard only lights up when I have almost no Ipower in the battery,as soon as I try to recharge the battery it goes black. I cannot remember the password,I have even tried the password for other things.I am beginning to think I am...
  10. Surface Pro 4 Type Cover

Surface Pro 4 Type Cover: Recently, I have been trying to use my Surface Pro 4 with the keyboard cover, but the keyboard cover has been unresponsive. I have tried everything on your troubleshoot page for the keyboard cover from the two-button shut down to cleaning it to updating and resetting my...