Windows 10: random on and off

Discus and support random on and off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a pair of hp workstations that randomly turn on when I power on my laptop when everything is connected to the wifi, what is it trying to do and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by devynatorules, Nov 14, 2018.

1. random on and off

I have a pair of hp workstations that randomly turn on when I power on my laptop when everything is connected to the wifi, what is it trying to do and how can I stop this from happening?

same thing happens when I power on one of the workstations, my laptop wakes from sleep and the other workstation powers on. does onedrive have to do with this?

this has been happening since june this year

:)

devynatorules, Nov 14, 2018
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Ztruker Win User

random on and off

Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

random on and off

1. random on and off - Similar Threads - random off

2. How to turn off caps lock popup windows 11 it randomly came

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off caps lock popup windows 11 it randomly came: I keep getting a caps lock popup windows 11 please help me turn off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-caps-lock-popup-windows-11-it/681fbeda-fbdd-427f-9aa7-0aa6471a2600
  3. How to turn off caps lock popup windows 11 it randomly came

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off caps lock popup windows 11 it randomly came: I keep getting a caps lock popup windows 11 please help me turn off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-caps-lock-popup-windows-11-it/681fbeda-fbdd-427f-9aa7-0aa6471a2600
  4. PC randomly restarted without BSOD while gaming. Computer didn't turn off, it froze at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly restarted without BSOD while gaming. Computer didn't turn off, it froze at...: Happened during gaming, cpu is being cooled very well, gpu drivers are maybe 1 driver behind the latest, never had any other faulty problems with my hardware.Restart happened on the 4/22/24 on 12:41 AMChecked event viewer and found this critical error during the time of the...
  5. PC randomly restarted without BSOD while gaming. Computer didn't turn off, it froze at...

PC randomly restarted without BSOD while gaming. Computer didn't turn off, it froze at...: Happened during gaming, cpu is being cooled very well, gpu drivers are maybe 1 driver behind the latest, never had any other faulty problems with my hardware.Restart happened on the 4/22/24 on 12:41 AMChecked event viewer and found this critical error during the time of the...
  6. Pc keeps randomly turning off then back on when in use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps randomly turning off then back on when in use: Built my new pc a while ago and it was all fine at first but then for some reason it while I was using it it started to randomly turn off and back on...
  7. Pc keeps randomly turning off then back on when in use

Pc keeps randomly turning off then back on when in use: Built my new pc a while ago and it was all fine at first but then for some reason it while I was using it it started to randomly turn off and back on...
  8. Why did my monitor randomly turn off, and now when I try to use my computer it is super...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my monitor randomly turn off, and now when I try to use my computer it is super...: Last night when i was getting off, i left a discord call, and as soon as i left it, my monitor went black. I thought it was weird, but i was tired and didn't want to look into it, so i just turned the computer off manually and went to sleep. Today, when i turned on my...
  9. Why did my monitor randomly turn off, and now when I try to use my computer it is super...

Why did my monitor randomly turn off, and now when I try to use my computer it is super...: Last night when i was getting off, i left a discord call, and as soon as i left it, my monitor went black. I thought it was weird, but i was tired and didn't want to look into it, so i just turned the computer off manually and went to sleep. Today, when i turned on my...
  10. PC keeps crashing randomly and sometimes won't boot after off for a period of time

PC keeps crashing randomly and sometimes won't boot after off for a period of time: So for the past few weeks my pc will crash after playing a game for a few minutes and has crashed while looking at my event viewer as well. I've tested on different games and they crash on all. The screen goes black and restarts like normal. I have ran diagnostics on ram and...