Windows 10: Random Output Shutoff

Discus and support Random Output Shutoff in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I was minding my own buisness, and typing up a document when suddenly my fan starts spinning really fast then goes back to normal, and my monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kevlu8, May 17, 2020.

1. /u/kevlu8 Win User

Random Output Shutoff

So I was minding my own buisness, and typing up a document when suddenly my fan starts spinning really fast then goes back to normal, and my monitor says "No Input". I wait for 5 minutes but nothing happens, so I reboot my computer via power button, and everything goes back to normal. Why did this happen, and how do I fix this? My computer is a 12 year old Dell running Windows 10 Pro, 32 bit OS and 64 bit CPU, and my CPU is intel core 2 duo cpu E8600 @ 3.33GHz, 3325 MHz, 2 cores, 2 logical processors.

submitted by /u/kevlu8
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kevlu8, May 17, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, May 17, 2020
  4. Random Output Shutoff

Control $random output for motd?

Please disregard my previous post, try this one instead :

Code: sed -n $((1+$RANDOM%`wc -l /etc/motd-msg | cut -f 1 -d ' '`))p /etc/motd-msg[/quote] I tested it successfully against a 70000+ word list and another tiny one, and got different words randomly choosen each time.

blobster21, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Random Output Shutoff

1. Random Output Shutoff - Similar Threads - Random Output Shutoff

2. Random Computor shutoffs during games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Computor shutoffs during games: Hi so I have recently ran into a problem that causes my pc to get loud and then black screen and shut down completely and I looked my problem up and found out about dump logs if anyone can help me with...
  3. Random Computor shutoffs during games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Computor shutoffs during games: Hi so I have recently ran into a problem that causes my pc to get loud and then black screen and shut down completely and I looked my problem up and found out about dump logs if anyone can help me with...
  4. Random System Shutoff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random System Shutoff: My system has been just turning off on it's own for no apparent reason lately. I've seen bug-checks, failed to resume from hibernate which is off so I don't even know why it's going there at all, and just system shut off unexpectedly.I've also noticed weird sleep issues and...
  5. Random System Shutoff

Random System Shutoff: My system has been just turning off on it's own for no apparent reason lately. I've seen bug-checks, failed to resume from hibernate which is off so I don't even know why it's going there at all, and just system shut off unexpectedly.I've also noticed weird sleep issues and...
  6. Random System Shutoff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random System Shutoff: My system has been just turning off on it's own for no apparent reason lately. I've seen bug-checks, failed to resume from hibernate which is off so I don't even know why it's going there at all, and just system shut off unexpectedly.Huge memory.dmp uploaded here if anyone...
  7. Random System Shutoff

Random System Shutoff: My system has been just turning off on it's own for no apparent reason lately. I've seen bug-checks, failed to resume from hibernate which is off so I don't even know why it's going there at all, and just system shut off unexpectedly.Huge memory.dmp uploaded here if anyone...
  8. Random System Shutoff

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. PC Shutoff at Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Shutoff at Login: My PC will shut-off after a certain amount of time, usually right when it gets to the login screen (before it was after like 5 or 10 minutes but has progressively gotten worse and gives no warning when it will shut off. Couple things to note: Only shuts off when in windows,...
  10. Random shutoff

in Windows 10 Support
    Random shutoff: My Dell Inspiron 17, just recently started to shut down after like minute or so of inactivity. it would leave the applications still open and active though. What could be the cause of this? 62554