Windows 10: Random PC freezers but youtube sound still goes on playing

Discus and support Random PC freezers but youtube sound still goes on playing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, My work PC randomly freezers from time to time. Mostly I notice while streaming from Youtube while doing work. It is not frequent, but not that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mystvearn, Sep 19, 2017.

1. mystvearn Win User

Random PC freezers but youtube sound still goes on playing

Hi,

My work PC randomly freezers from time to time. Mostly I notice while streaming from Youtube while doing work. It is not frequent, but not that rare either. Like once or twice a week. What happens is that while doing work, I noticed the Youtube video will first freeze, but the sound still goes on. Then the whole PC, mouse, keyboard inputs all freeze. However, the Youtube sound still function even though everything has froze. I can even wait few minutes before pressing the restart button- the youtube sound is still there. I have tried running SSD life status as the Crucial M500 960 GB is where windows is installed but it says the SSD life as healthy. No problems. After I restart, I can continue on doing work. However, I recently lost 2 hours of powerpoint productive time (despite the document is saved and auto-save is on. Auto-save recovered back to the original file.

Any ideas?

:)

mystvearn, Sep 19, 2017

2. nokia music stops playing

Have the same problem with nokia 930 Xbox music player.

Music player works until end of song (not particular one, random) and then just goes mute. Can't get any sound from phone after that. Music is stored localy on phone, and after i can't play radio, nor youtube videos. Have no other music player, and no other
    music app.

creepyscorp, Sep 19, 2017
  3. Video Troubles

Ever since I upgraded to windows 10 I have had problems with viewing videos online. I can not view any gifs on twitter and some Youtube videos just will not play it seems random. On the Edge browser I can get sound but no video and on Chrome I can not
    get video or sound, it's frustrating because I will be watching videos on youtube and then I click one and boom it won't play. With gifs they just won't play period.

JusticeCuffie, Sep 19, 2017
  4. Random PC freezers but youtube sound still goes on playing

Hi mystvearn

What version and build number are you using?

Not saying to update your BIOS but have you checked if the manufacture has released new BIOS's for your board?

Is anything being recorded in the reliability history?

Have you run all the standard hardware checks on memory and storage drives?

Do you have a way of monitoring heat, particularly the CPU and video temperatures?

Can you pinpoint approximate date this started and can you recall any changes you may have made since then?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 20, 2017
  5. mystvearn Win User
    Thanks for the reply. My version is 1703. OS build 15063.608

I tried to update the BIOS, but it failed. I am not sure why. It can connect to the servers and download automatically, but it fails when actually updating it. Tried few times. Maybe it is because I am using my institution's internet connection. Will try to pair with my phone.

Yes, I can monitor heat and temperature, though I don't think it is an issue since I work in an air condition environment. Most of the time I am using Microsoft office/Photoshop.

That I don't remember. Sorry.

Hope this helps

mystvearn, Sep 23, 2017
  6. Please read your manufactures site on updating BIOS. Again updating BIOS is your choice, I just wanted you to check to see if they have made improvements.

Usually vendors provide multiple ways to update, in Windows, from BIOS and from a boot. This is like religion, some people say never do it within Windows, others believe the boot method is the only way to go.

If you cannot update within Windows there maybe alternatives.

What did reliability history tell you?

Heat is not about A/C. Turn on a sixty watt, old style bulb, in an A/C room. See how hot it gets, you can touch it.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 23, 2017
  7. mystvearn Win User
    Updating through internet connection is working, however it does not update to the latest BIOS version. Now 2.20, but keeps finding version 1.40. Even after updating 1.40, it still says that new updates (version 1.40 is there) and applies the same update.

mystvearn, Sep 24, 2017
  8. Random PC freezers but youtube sound still goes on playing

Did you read their site and is there a way to perform manually if you wanted too. ( Updating your bios is a decision you make.)

I've asked on two threads what reliability history is reporting. You may get insight as to root cause.

Caledon Ken, Sep 24, 2017
  9. mystvearn Win User
    Yup. Did that and watch the video how is it done. Did not work after managing to scan the USB drive

mystvearn, Sep 25, 2017
  10. Contact vendor. You should be able to update BIOS assuming correct one for board and you obviously know what board you have.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Random PC freezers but youtube sound still goes on playing

1. Random PC freezers but youtube sound still goes on playing - Similar Threads - Random freezers youtube

2. PC freezes but sound still plays and then BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes but sound still plays and then BSOD: Hey all, I have been having this issue for a while now. When I open a game or put the PC under too much load, the PC freezes completely but the sound still keeps playing fine, then after about 30 seconds, I get a blue screen with a watchdog error.I first thought it was my GPU...
  3. PC freezes but sound still plays and then BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes but sound still plays and then BSOD: Hey all, I have been having this issue for a while now. When I open a game or put the PC under too much load, the PC freezes completely but the sound still keeps playing fine, then after about 30 seconds, I get a blue screen with a watchdog error.I first thought it was my GPU...
  4. PC freezes but sound still plays and then BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Pc Screen randomly goes black and freezes with buzzing sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc Screen randomly goes black and freezes with buzzing sound: So like the title says, pc screen randomly goes black, freezes and usually i can hear buzzing sound from the speakers. I have to restart pc using restart button.Note: It mostly happens when i'm watching video, like a movie or tv show, never during gaming, only when i watch...
  6. My PC plays random sound effects.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My PC plays random sound effects.: Hello allI have quite a weird situation going on.So, occasionally my PC will play one of two sound effects from my speakers, without any input from me.The one sound is a cartoonish "bonk", like someone being hit on the head with a wooden stick;and the other is a cartoonish...
  7. Random ding sound, audio is muted but still plays sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random ding sound, audio is muted but still plays sound: A couple weeks ago my computer's audio started acting weird. There would be a random dinging sound and the audio was louder than normal to the point where even with all audio sources muted it still plays sound. After this happened my computer also no longer picks up my...
  8. Screen randomly goes black, sound stops, but computer still on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen randomly goes black, sound stops, but computer still on: Hello everyone, In the last week or so I've been having a scary recurring problem. Randomly once or twice a day, during times of normal non-gaming use, both of my monitors on my desktop will go completely black, and the sound will stop. There is no cursor or other input...
  9. This random sound keeps playing on my PC randomly...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This random sound keeps playing on my PC randomly...: So a few days ago this random sound started playing on my PC randomly from 1-3 times an hour. Even if I shut off and on the PC the sound still playing. I've tried looking at the Volume Mixer, turning off all notifications, and listening to all the Windows 10 audio files but...
  10. PC goes to sleep when Groove is still playing music

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC goes to sleep when Groove is still playing music: When I use Spotify, as long as I'm playing music, the computer stays on. Whenever I use Groove Music however, the PC will still go into it's auto-rest, despite still playing music. Is there anything I can do about that? submitted by /u/hafuhafu [link] [comments]...