Windows 10: Random PC restarts and freezes with no BSOD

Discus and support Random PC restarts and freezes with no BSOD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having issues with my PC randomly restarting or freezing the symptoms vary each time. Sometimes the display freezes and the audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mason Green, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Random PC restarts and freezes with no BSOD

Hello, I've been having issues with my PC randomly restarting or freezing the symptoms vary each time. Sometimes the display freezes and the audio stutters before the PC restarts, sometimes the PC restarts immediately, and sometimes it freezes without restarting at all. I've tried several things to fix the issue:Reinstalling driversRunning system file checkerUnplugging unnecessary devices everything except my monitor, network card, keyboard and mouse Reinstalling windowsChanging the power board / multi-socket board that the PC is plugged intoI've included dump files from C:\Windows\minidum

:)

Mason Green, Dec 3, 2023
  2. Binge Win User

Random Restarts, No BSOD

He mentioned that he had done that above. Also I provided a BSOD details app. There were no BSODs to report.

Binge, Dec 3, 2023
  3. Random Restarts, No BSOD

Reboot and hit F8 to get into the Windows Diagnostic Settings before Windows boots. Turn off "Automatic Restart on System Failure." This way we can completely rule out BSODs. Sometimes a PC will BSOD but the PC will restart so quickly that the BSOD is not even rendered.

Random Murderer, Dec 3, 2023
  4. Arrakis9 Win User

Random PC restarts and freezes with no BSOD

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

Random PC restarts and freezes with no BSOD

1. Random PC restarts and freezes with no BSOD - Similar Threads - Random restarts freezes

2. PC Crashing, BSOD, Freezing + Random Restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashing, BSOD, Freezing + Random Restarts: System InfoCPU - Ryzen 7 5800 X3D GPU - Nvida 3080TiRAM - 32gb Gskill Trident Neo 4x8gb 3200mhz CL16MB - Aorus Elite Wifi x570PSU - EVGA 1000w 80+ goldIssuesIn the last week I have been plagued by a variety of issues. It started with PC started power cycling on start up, all...
  3. PC Crashing, BSOD, Freezing + Random Restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Crashing, BSOD, Freezing + Random Restarts: System InfoCPU - Ryzen 7 5800 X3D GPU - Nvida 3080TiRAM - 32gb Gskill Trident Neo 4x8gb 3200mhz CL16MB - Aorus Elite Wifi x570PSU - EVGA 1000w 80+ goldIssuesIn the last week I have been plagued by a variety of issues. It started with PC started power cycling on start up, all...
  4. PC Crashing, BSOD, Freezing + Random Restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random freezing, BSOD, or restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random freezing, BSOD, or restarting: I've been trying to solve a crashing issue for a few months now with no luck. My system will randomly freeze, BSOD, or shut down and restart without warning. It seems to be more frequent when watching Youtube or completely idle, but that also be my imagination. When I do get...
  6. Random PC restarts and freezes with no BSOD

Random PC restarts and freezes with no BSOD: Hello, I've been having issues with my PC randomly restarting or freezing the symptoms vary each time. Sometimes the display freezes and the audio stutters before the PC restarts, sometimes the PC restarts immediately, and sometimes it freezes without restarting at all. I've...
  7. Random PC restarts and freezes with no BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random PC restarts and freezes with no BSOD: Hello, I've been having issues with my PC randomly restarting or freezing the symptoms vary each time. Sometimes the display freezes and the audio stutters before the PC restarts, sometimes the PC restarts immediately, and sometimes it freezes without restarting at all. I've...
  8. BSOD, freezing, random restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD, freezing, random restarts: Hello, after upgrading my motherboard and RAM i started getting BSOD, freezing and random restarts. I took it into a shop and they factory reset the PC but then the issues still keep happening. I have reset to windows 11 3 times now and the problem still exists. I have tried...
  9. PC freezing and then restarting randomly - BSOD

PC freezing and then restarting randomly - BSOD: Hi, I've got an issue where my PC would randomly freeze and then restart itself. This happens no matter whether I'm using it for intense processing or just idling. Today it finally managed to produce a dump file with the file causing the issue. Ntoskrnl.exe+487a98....
  10. Random BSOD, freezing, and/or restarting

Random BSOD, freezing, and/or restarting: I recently replaced the mobo and the CPU on this system. I am getting BSOD and/or the computer randomly freeze or restart on its own. I did run the computer in safe mode for a whole day and did not have any of the aforementioned issues. Thank you for the help. 28683