Windows 10: Random Periods of Lowered Audio Quality (Sounds Like Radio)

Discus and support Random Periods of Lowered Audio Quality (Sounds Like Radio) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My friend's laptop, a Dell G3 3779, started having random periods where the audio quality would lower as if it were being played through a radio, we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Darkcyprus, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Random Periods of Lowered Audio Quality (Sounds Like Radio)

My friend's laptop, a Dell G3 3779, started having random periods where the audio quality would lower as if it were being played through a radio, we tried to update the Realtek drivers to no avail, also uninstalling them altogether then restarting.

Audio isn't my area of expertise so I haven't tried much else to be honest.

Windows version 1903.

:)

Darkcyprus, Dec 8, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Issues with sound in games, sounds like it's on the radio

Thanks I will try suggestions but I think you are not accounting for the issue that a previous laptop of mine had no problems which I mentioned.

Well this is what the program says for me

Random Periods of Lowered Audio Quality (Sounds Like Radio) [​IMG]

Question Asker, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Random Periods of Lowered Audio Quality (Sounds Like Radio)

very low audio quality after amber update

After installing amber update audio quality and volume has dropped significantly! Volume through speakers is alot lower, and when plugged into headphones audio lacks quality and depth. There is barely any bass and volume is very low, sounds like listening
    to a clock radio very disappointing, as audio quality on my 920 was very very good the best of any phone so far before amber update!

zeekay---01, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Random Periods of Lowered Audio Quality (Sounds Like Radio)

1. Random Periods of Lowered Audio Quality (Sounds Like Radio) - Similar Threads - Random Periods Lowered

2. Image / audio lag, poor sound quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image / audio lag, poor sound quality: Hello, I have a new Acer Swift 3 SF314-42 AMD Ryzen 7 4700U, 8GB, 512GB SSD, running Windows 11. On 2 occasions now - both times when streaming on Netflix - the screen has frozen, audio continued and then computer crashed, leaving only the option to power off/ on again.On...
  3. Image / audio lag, poor sound quality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image / audio lag, poor sound quality: Hello, I have a new Acer Swift 3 SF314-42 AMD Ryzen 7 4700U, 8GB, 512GB SSD, running Windows 11. On 2 occasions now - both times when streaming on Netflix - the screen has frozen, audio continued and then computer crashed, leaving only the option to power off/ on again.On...
  4. Bluetooth Headphones sound like an old radio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones sound like an old radio: When I open an app, my Bluetooth headphones randomly sound like an old radio. It goes back to normal when I close the app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headphones-sound-like-an-old-radio/8503f855-51ff-439c-838e-ef916d34fdcc
  5. Bluetooth Headphones sound like an old radio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones sound like an old radio: When I open an app, my Bluetooth headphones randomly sound like an old radio. It goes back to normal when I close the app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headphones-sound-like-an-old-radio/8503f855-51ff-439c-838e-ef916d34fdcc
  6. Headset Audio Sound like a Radio+High Pitch or a Surround System with High pitch and a bit...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset Audio Sound like a Radio+High Pitch or a Surround System with High pitch and a bit...: So, Today I plug in my Headsets like what I did every day for a year and today is where things starting to get weird, the audio was Radio high pitchI'm not sure if that's the correct way to explain my problemand I've tried to plug it in/out several times now and it's still...
  7. Am I the only one having lower sound quality on browsers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Am I the only one having lower sound quality on browsers?: I don't know if it's a recent update that's done this, or new drivers, but I've noticed that the sound quality on browsers is significantly lower than the sound quality on downloaded files. To test it I downloaded a song from youtube, and played it in mpv and compared it to 3...
  8. Audio randomly lowers itself whenever it wants

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio randomly lowers itself whenever it wants: This only happened after an Advanced Micro Devices update, which may be the cause. Whatever happens, I'll be watching a video let's say, and anywhere within a few seconds of watching on a reasonable volume, like 12, the audio cuts out and you can't hear anything until you...
  9. Microphone audio being transmitted really distorted, sounds like I'm a radio host from the...

Microphone audio being transmitted really distorted, sounds like I'm a radio host from the...: Like the title says, my microphone Blue Yeti USB Microphone is being distorted by windows. I've checked on a separate computer and the microphone sounded fine. Bought a USB Hub to remedy some background static which worked but now I have this issue. Help please?...
  10. Issues with sound in games, sounds like it's on the radio

Issues with sound in games, sounds like it's on the radio: For some reason some games I play will start screwing up. Recently I played Stellaris and the sound would just fade and rise in volume. Sometimes audio might dip by 90% of decibels and then other times it sounds like I'm listening to the radio inside a tunnel. Youtube...