Windows 10: Random pin request

Discus and support Random pin request in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A box popped up when I opened Paint 3D asking for my pin, because apparently windows needed to confirm it was me. Seemed odd as I've never seen this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DaveEv, Oct 18, 2020.

1. DaveEv Win User

Random pin request

A box popped up when I opened Paint 3D asking for my pin, because apparently windows needed to confirm it was me. Seemed odd as I've never seen this before so I closed it hit x and it disappeared. I could carry on regardless without confirming, so why did windows want to confirm it was me when it didn't seem to matter either way?

:)

DaveEv, Oct 18, 2020

2. pin request

Hi sanjay28

Thank you for posting and welcome to Nokia forum! :Cool:

Your Nokia device requests PIN (Personal Identification Number) code to protect your SIM card and device against unauthorized use. Note that all PIN code is provided by your network operator. Nokia is not able
    to provide you PIN or PUK codes.

Please note the following:

• When your insert your SIM card and boot up your device for the first time, you need to enter the PIN code. For security reasons it is recommended to change it to your own code, instructions on how to change the PIN code in your
      device is provided in the user guide or Nokia web site. If the PIN code is entered incorrectly multiple times, your device may request a PUK code to futher validate the user's identity and to unlock and change the blocked PIN code.

• The PIN2 code is a PIN code which acts as a second layer of protection for certain features of your phone. If the PIN2 code is entered incorrectly multiple
      times, your phone may request a PUK2 code.
    If you have forgotten or simply do not know the codes, you must contact your Network Operator for assistance. However, if you have already contacted but the code does not work, you should consider getting a new SIM card from your Network Operator.

emilygreen---01, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Eliminate continual request for Picture or PIN as sign in

Hello Elaine,

Setting up a PIN is is good, however if you don't want to be asked to setup a PIN or Picture password, I suggest that you try these steps below:

1. When you're on the login screen, click on the icon on the right under the Sign in.
    2. After clicking, enter your password as usual.
    3. The request for PIN or Picture should disappear.

It may seem to be a workaround but I also suggest that you submit your issue using the
    Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item, we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine what's causing it
    and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

In order to submit a new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for "Feedback Hub" in Cortana search, then launch the app.
    2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press +
      Add new feedback.
    3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    1. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking
      Begin monitoring (or
      Start capture) near the end of the form;
      Stop monitoring when you're done.
    1. Once you've completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    2. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    3. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
    4. Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
    5. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response ( it will look like
      https://aka.ms/<unique link> ).

Let us know if you need further help.

Carlo Fer, Oct 18, 2020
  4. RuskinF Win User

Random pin request

How to disable password and pin request?

Follow the below steps to remove PIN from your Windows login account.

1. Open the Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.
    2. Select Sign-in options, and click/tap on I forgot my PIN.
    3. Click/tap on Continue.
    4. Leave the PIN fields empty, and click/tap on Cancel.
    5. Your PIN will now be removed.

RuskinF, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Random pin request

1. Random pin request - Similar Threads - Random pin request

2. Windows 11 pin request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pin request: I'm having issues signing on to my laptop due to a pin request. I have only used passwords. I'm not even given an option to change sign-on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-pin-request/c79030fa-fcb6-4a8f-b1ac-2e5e51014ef3
  3. Windows 11 pin request

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 pin request: I'm having issues signing on to my laptop due to a pin request. I have only used passwords. I'm not even given an option to change sign-on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-pin-request/c79030fa-fcb6-4a8f-b1ac-2e5e51014ef3
  4. Pin Request for Autofill Passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin Request for Autofill Passwords: How do I disable pin requests for autofill passwords? Whenever I go to log in with a saved password my computer asks for my pin before logging me in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-request-for-autofill-passwords/2d4a93a8-1de7-427c-927a-b29dd8b4b86b
  5. Pin Request for Autofill Passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin Request for Autofill Passwords: How do I disable pin requests for autofill passwords? Whenever I go to log in with a saved password my computer asks for my pin before logging me in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-request-for-autofill-passwords/2d4a93a8-1de7-427c-927a-b29dd8b4b86b
  6. Pin Request for Autofill Passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Random requests for PIN to verify my identity.

Random requests for PIN to verify my identity.: I get random request to verify "it's me" by re-entering my PIN. That can happen almost any time and when I do re-enter my PIN, sometimes it works but occasionally it does not. When it does not work, I must reboot Microsoft 365 Outlook and then it will "take." When it does...
  8. Halting PIN Reset Requests

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Halting PIN Reset Requests: When I set up my wife's business PC, I tried to link it to my employer I do use it to connect to my email and timecard systems now and then, now I'm asked to reset my PIN every 90 days. I removed my employer from the "Access Work or School" section of the User Settings, but...
  9. Windows 10 PIN request

Windows 10 PIN request: After the latest update, after I boot up and before I log on, Windows asks me to create a PIN. Is this request legitimate? Can I turn this off? This is a PC without touchscreen or camera for facial recognition....
  10. Pin request at log on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin request at log on: How do I permanently and entirely remove the pin request that happens every time I turn on my computer now??? I have never made a pin. I just want it to go away. I am NOT interested in using this feature....