Windows 10: Random ping spikes when connected to wifi not just during gaming

Discus and support Random ping spikes when connected to wifi not just during gaming in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I know that this question has been asked many times before, but none of the answers seems to solve my problem. I bought my laptop a Lenovo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Henrietta_567, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Random ping spikes when connected to wifi not just during gaming

Hi,

I know that this question has been asked many times before, but none of the answers seems to solve my problem.

I bought my laptop a Lenovo Ideapad L340-15IRH Gaming a couple of months ago. When I got it not long after I started having ping spikes every 30-60 seconds which made online gaming impossible. The solution described in this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/summonerschool/comments/4okzog/how_to_get_rid_of_ping_spikes_on_wireless_helped/ temporarily fixed that issue, but obviously that is very inconveninent so I wanted a permanent fix. I contacted Lenovo support, but none of the solutions they offered helped me, so I done a reset and that seemed to fix the problem.

However, now many months later my issue returned, even more severe than before. It seemed to appear out of nowhere with no specific new software installed or windows update. So I reset my computer again, thinking that that will fix it, but it did not. Now the temporary fix linked above does not help anymore either.

I tried all the solutions described in this post:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-high-ping-spikes/60415630-17ff-41e2-ad03-0faeb8a7b0da

and this post:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/permanent-fix-for-wifi-ping-spikes/0f16392a-6c2b-41e6-ac1c-5db88ace40a6

None of them helped.

What else can you suggest I could try? Could this be a hardware issue?

Again, laptop type: Lenovo Ideapad L340-15IRH Gaming

Windows edition: Windows 10 Home, 2004 version

Thanks in advance.

:)

Henrietta_567, Jan 24, 2021

2. Wifi ping spikes

Hello,

I am experiencing ping spikes on certain wifi connection.

It has started in October, when I was at boarding house in Uni everything on wifi was smooth, but when I moved to homestay at connected to their wifi, I have started experiencing ping spike up to 2000ms every 30 seconds. So I couldn't play online games or
    even streaming movies.

Than when I moved back to uni, ping got to it's normal state around 30-50ms.

When I came back in 2 month, same problem was still appearing, and restarting wifi router didnt help, so I decided to reset a PC and it didnt help at all, but I now have to download 150gb of games again.

I dont know what to do, I tried browsing, but I couldn't find anyone with same problem, please help.

KirillManko, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Random ping spikes in games

System:

Mobo: Gigabtye GA-A320M-S2H

RAM: 2xDDR4 8GB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X

Storage: 1 HDD and 1 SSD (Windows is on SSD)

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070

Problem

While playing online games, my ping will randomly
    spike up
    . In this time, my computer is effectively offline as I can't do anything online (use websites, discord calls etc). In games with built-in ping counters, it commonly reads 10,000 or more ping. After about 10 seconds, the ping will return to normal.
    The ping spikes get less common the longer my computer is on to the point they barely happen. They only start if I play an online game. I have been unable to find a fix that works for the current version of Windows 10.

derpybookshelf, Jan 24, 2021
  4. holy crow Win User

Random ping spikes when connected to wifi not just during gaming

Random Ping Spikes

As of two days ago, I have been getting random ping spikes. I have done speed tests, and get normal speeds, but when I ping my router or other sites, such as Google.com, Ill have random spikes of up to 400ms. It will be a stable 1ms when I ping my router, but will randomly spike to ~400ms at random intervals. Any help is appreciated. I can supply any screenshots if necessary.

holy crow, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Random ping spikes when connected to wifi not just during gaming

1. Random ping spikes when connected to wifi not just during gaming - Similar Threads - Random ping spikes

2. Random ping spike when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random ping spike when playing games: Hi,I am facing a random ping spike when playing games like LOL and Apex Legends. Ping stays around 12-20ms for most of the time but will jump to a couple hundred randomly. I have tried various types of solutions suggested in the community, one of them suggesting uninstall...
  3. Random ping spike when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random ping spike when playing games: Hi,I am facing a random ping spike when playing games like LOL and Apex Legends. Ping stays around 12-20ms for most of the time but will jump to a couple hundred randomly. I have tried various types of solutions suggested in the community, one of them suggesting uninstall...
  4. Random ping spike when playing games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Random ping spikes during the day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random ping spikes during the day: Lately, I've been experiencing some issues with my in-game ping, it keeps on spiking and dropping every 5 seconds. I've tried every fix possible, I've called my ISP, done every command possible in command prompt, flushed DNS, disabled Windows updates, etc. I don't understand...
  6. Random ping spikes during the day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random ping spikes during the day: Lately, I've been experiencing some issues with my in-game ping, it keeps on spiking and dropping every 5 seconds. I've tried every fix possible, I've called my ISP, done every command possible in command prompt, flushed DNS, disabled Windows updates, etc. I don't understand...
  7. Random ping spikes during the day

8. Random ping spikes while gaming

Random ping spikes while gaming: Hi,I've been having this problem for a while now with my wifi. Whilst playing games I will go from a steady ~20ms to 300+ for about half a minute and then shoot back down.This is a similar question to this however I have a problem that he...
  9. Random ping spikes in games

Random ping spikes in games: System: Mobo: Gigabtye GA-A320M-S2H RAM: 2xDDR4 8GB CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Storage: 1 HDD and 1 SSD Windows is on SSD GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 OS: Windows 10 Problem While playing online games, my ping will randomly spike up. In this time, my computer is effectively...
  10. Random ping spikes while gaming.

Random ping spikes while gaming.: I recently (about 2 weeks ago) started having random lag spikes while playing games. I only really notice it while playing online video games with friends, and i can tell that it is a ping issue not a frame rate issue. My Discord is also affected. My friends recommended...