Windows 10: Random power Off issues

Discus and support Random power Off issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I recently in the last month and a bit built a desk top and at first was very quick and had no issues, however, in the last month the cpu started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LucasLubbe, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Random power Off issues

Hi,

I recently in the last month and a bit built a desk top and at first was very quick and had no issues, however, in the last month the cpu started randomly going off at 100% when no windows were open and causing my computer to become unresponsive. I did some optimization scans in the settings for my Hard drives and that seemed to fix it. However, another issue I have been having is that my computer takes literally 8 minutes to shot off (I'm being totally serious). the drive scans and stuff haven't done anything to help that. Does anyone know why my computer is taking so long to shut down? I can't find anything online.

Any help is appreciated.

:)

LucasLubbe, Nov 15, 2019

2. random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Nov 15, 2019
  3. power issue

Hello,

Most of the time, this issue is caused by external devices that are possibly keeping the PC active which then results in the screen/display not turning off even after you've set the power settings. Try disconnecting any external devices, usually gaming devices,
    and check if the issue persists.

We also suggest running the Power troubleshooter to automatically troubleshoot any power issue. Just follow the steps below:

• Click on Search/Cortana, and then type Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Random power Off issues

Windows 10 power issue

Hi Adithyaram,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps bellow and check if it helps

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter

Method 2: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website. Both Display
    driver and Audio drivers.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Random power Off issues

1. Random power Off issues - Similar Threads - Random power Off

2. windows power off issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows power off issue: Hello Windows community. As per the subject shown above my dell latitude 7490 does not shutdown properly after shutting down the fan, Keyboard and power are still lighting Earlier the system running normally on windows 11 but i try to install dual with Mac os 13 during the...
  3. Power off and Hibernate issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power off and Hibernate issue: Hi all. I'm having the following issue when I turn off my computer 1 If I use the hibernate option, the system immediately shutdown without asking to close any open file. At a later resume, the system shows a blue screen showing an issue with the previous shutdown, and all...
  4. Power off and Hibernate issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power off and Hibernate issue: Hi all. I'm having the following issue when I turn off my computer 1 If I use the hibernate option, the system immediately shutdown without asking to close any open file. At a later resume, the system shows a blue screen showing an issue with the previous shutdown, and all...
  5. Power off and Hibernate issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Random power off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random power off: Hi, So I recently started using an Asus x550vx laptop, 2017 model. It is equipped with 8GB of ramI added 4 more, an Intel Core i7-6700HQ and Nvidia GTX 950M dedicated graphics. The thing is, on Windows, it randomly shuts down, but it doesn't display the "shutting down"...
  7. Power off issues

Power off issues: I recently tried to power off my computer but it says "There are no power options currently available". I have updated my computer and I don't know how to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-off-issues/a3fb9b59-d093-46f0-8984-f721ae95d4f5
  8. Random Power Off And Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Power Off And Unresponsive: So I had been gaming for a while and all of a sudden without warning the laptop shuts off. However the keyboard was still glowing and the power button was extinguished. I could not get anything to work as it is not responding to me pressing anything, if you have had this...
  9. Power Off issues.

Power Off issues.: Hey, I started to have a problem with my windows 10. When ever i shutdown my laptop the screen goes black (like it used to ) but now i can see the power light is still on and the fan is still running.... I waited for a few minutes but the power wont shutdown.. Any one have...
  10. Random power offs & reboots

in Windows 10 Support
    Random power offs & reboots: The PC is a fairly old custom built machine with an Asus P6T motherboard running Win 10/64 Home Build 1703. It has started powering off and rebooting itself at random times. When it does this it reboots 3 times, gets itself to the Recovery partition, and then shows the...